Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

10-8
Oct 2, 2003

Level 14 Bureaucrat

Lenins Potato posted:

No, I didn't have to make up a business. They didn't care about any of that. I even flat out told them I was in cap trouble on residential. The install fee, no way around that. You have to use their equipment. Like Straker said, I'm not sure how hard they'll press the issue if you get your own Docsis 3 modem, but I haven't heard of anyone doing it. Thats also the same standard rate I'm paying too.

Edit: Oh, the great thing about Business class is the customer service. When you call them up, you typically don't have to go through the whole "unplug your modem" bullshit before they even check to see if there is a problem in the area.
When I did this a year ago, I called up and when they quoted me the install fee and contract, I hemmed and hawed and said I wasn't sure I wanted to commit to all that and that I'd call them back after I thought about it. I let it sit for a week and the sales rep called me back to ask if I had given it more thought. I told him I'd only do it if he gave me a 1-year contract (instead of 2 or 3 years) and no install fee, and he did it without hesitation. I think the sales reps are on sign-up commissions and they'll work with you to make the deal.

But at any rate, Comcast business class is excellent. The modem is rock solid and nobody bothers me about bandwidth. At $60/month it's not really that much more than residential service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10-8
Oct 2, 2003

Level 14 Bureaucrat
Haven't been able to connect to Supernews since last night. Anyone else having this problem?

code:
[Errno 111] Failed to connect: (110, 'timed out') [email]-1@news.supernews.com[/email]:443
I tried switching ports. The EU server works fine. It's only the US server.

10-8 fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Nov 21, 2011