Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I've just had to reformat and I'll be buggered if I can remember the scripting process for SABnzbd.

Before, things went into respective categories, but I don't remember how I did this.

Right now I think I've got the sickbeard one set up properly (in the folders menu I set the post processing scripting folder to the autoprocess one in sickbeard followed by making a "sickbeard" category with sabtoSickbear.exe set as the script in the categories menu.). The thing is, I don't recall how I set up the other categories so that other non sickbeard stuff would download into their different categories.

Was there an automatic thing that now has to be set up manually? Or am I just blanking on setting up multiple category folders?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

td4guy posted:

Why would you want SABnzbd+ to convert your .avi files or whatever back into their original rar set? That's just silly.

The only use I could think of for that would be storage of 4GB+ files on fat32 external drives. I wouldn't say that happens enough to warrant a feature though. Hell, it would be quicker to just manually split the thing with winrar yourself.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

inpheaux posted:

We actually got rid of categories well before the lawsuit went through. First we just stopped shipping with them pre-fetched, but left a "fetch categories" button. Then we nuked that as well. Not entirely sure why people care so much about categories, since they were 100% tied to Newzbin, which has been poo poo for ages.

Now that the categories are gone and things are going into a simple "download" folder, i'm thinking the same myself. Even with sickbeard I ended up just navigating to the individual files and moved them to a single folder on an external drive to use on the ps3.

I guess I thought that since I just got a 2TB HDD I was going to maybe store a lot more stuff instead of using and deleting and that's where auto category's would come into play. But that's not really happened yet. :/

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

I'm having a bit of an issue with the Sickbeard script for SABnzbd in that it keeps duplicating my files.

I've got a "download" folder that I'd ideally like everything to get dumped in, but after the script has run through its renaming thing and trimmed out all the needless files.

Instead it saves each complete folder of a file there (including all the unimportant stuff like samples) whilst duplicating the main file in the right naming structure in a folder structure that I think I have to use in order to configure Sickbeard properly (a general catch all folder split into different sub-folders for each show).

I've been playing around with the settings for a few days now but with no luck? Is there something obvious I'm missing?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

FISHMANPET posted:

In the Post Processing config section in Sickbeard, do you have "Keep Original Files" checked?

Ah, just found that. Cheers.

Did a bit of googling too and found a guide for the configuration. I forgot that Sickbeard itself handled a lot of it.

I've made a bunch of changes and hopefully it'll place the file in the right place. In the categories section of SABnxbd i've got "D:\Media\Downloads" set as the folder/path, that should mean that the file ends up in there no matter what right?

edit: Bah, nope. It stuck the file in the D:\TV\showname folder instead of the generic downloads one.

Kin fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 24, 2012

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Ah, so no matter what it's always going to end up in TV\showname if it uses the post processing?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

FISHMANPET posted:

Yeah, because that's the point of post processing.

I thought part of the point of post processing was to rename files and strip out unnecessary content before placing it somewhere. You can customise the first 2 steps so why not the last?

I mean it's nice and all to have them in sorted folders, but it's just a little odd that I can't seem to specify where the final file specifically ends up.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Has there been a degradation of the tv database or whatever it is that sickbeard uses that i've missed?

There are a lot of what I would think are fairly popular things showing up as never airing or outright unlisted.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

EvilMuppet posted:

The worst thing about this is Matrix was the only indexer with anything approaching a decent UI for browsing. Everything else looks like it was designed my blind donkeys with prosthetic limbs.

Yeah, nzbs.org is useful but it has a fairly "raw" feel to it compared to nzbmatrix.

On top of that, i've never been able to get it to work right with SABznbd since they did their update a few months back (no SAB button). And when i click the download nzb link and tell it to run it through SAB it sends two instances of the same file to it forcing me to cancel the duplicates every time.

Also, nzbs.org goes down a lot (which people seem to be experiencing now).

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

This whole thing has kicked me into updating all of the stuff, but i've hit a snag.

I've updated SABnzbd to the latest version (0.7.6), tied it all in with sickbeard nad super-news (the connection tests say good) and set up the post processing, but I can't get it to work and nothing ever begins downloading (or appears in the history or queue screens).

It does this irrespective of whether something is sent from sickbeard, a nzb is told to be sent to it from firefox or when it adds a nzb from my desktop.

Usually one of these should work, but I can't figure out why SAB is refusing to activate anything.

edit: I think I tracked it down to a pre user script setting. It was on, but is now off. What's that supposed to do?

Kin fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Dec 12, 2012

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Illuminado posted:

Any errors? Can you ping your provider's servers? Did you pick a DMCA'd .nzb somehow?

Edit: Did that script fix your issue?

Yeah, that did the trick.

Also, I got rid of the double instance thing I mentioned a few pages back (in regards to adding a nzb to SAB direct from firefox) by removing nzbdstatus but I constantly get the "choose action" popup whenever clicking a download nzb link.

This happens even though i've told firefox to use/send to SAB as the default action.. Is there a way to get rid of that for good or is it just a firefox bug?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Somewhat of a divergent topic, but does anyone know what the bandwidth usage for something like Netflix is like?

I'm pretty sure my flatmate is hampering our connection with torrents (i can see the data ups and downs on the modem) but he swears that the only thing he's running is netflix. I'm assuming that doesn't upload anything hence why i think he's full of poo poo.

372MB up in 50 minutes so far by the stats.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

PirateDentist posted:

Depends on the quality. I believe SD Netflix is about 900kbps, which would be about 405MB for an hour. HD Netflix can run at 4800kbps, that'd pull down about 2.2 Gigs an hour. There's a Super HD they have as well that a few customers can get that's 5800kbps. (2.6GB per hour)

If you're just going by the up/down lights on the modem that won't tell you how much upstream bandwidth he's actually using. If it's on the network it'll communicate constantly, unless you have something in the router/modem saying what is actually being used you can't really tell.

Yeah, the stats in the router are where i'm getting the data from.

At the minute it says 3.5GB down and 1GB up in just 1h 36 mins.

Those are the only stats though so i'm not sure if it's counting data sent wirelessly through devices connected to it.

It would be a bit of an odd thing to track though so i'm assuming that is the actual internet bandwidth that he's using.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Hogburto posted:

If that's what he's uploading, there's no question that he's doing more than watching stuff on Netflix.

If tries to absolutely max out his uploading connections and bandwidth that makes it really hard to download anything if the request packets you're trying to send have to wait in line.

The best route is probably having him let you configure his software yourself.
The underhanded way is fixing this roommate problem with the router. I don't know how to block bittorrent when protocol encryption is used, but filtering keyword "announce" on a schedule should probably stop most/all of his torrents from working when you don't want them to even though he'll be able to access the tracker websites just fine (it would be a mystifying problem). In my experience, using QoS even on good consumer routers with DD-WRT has hampered my connection nearly as much the original problem.

Getting his software configured properly is really the way to go.

Well this is the second time he's started doing this, but this time it's crapping out the router (it's some kind of "super hub" provided by the ISP. The first time i caught him and he claimed ignorance, i changed the wpa and told him to fix whatever it was on his system mysteriously uploading a poo poo ton of data. Looks like i'll have to do the same again.

Annoyingly, the last time the router crashed/reset (about 10 minutes ago) it seems to have reset the admin password too, so now i have to hunt that out to get access to it again.

edit: wpa key changed again, connection switches from turbulent to the fastest/smoothest I've seen it in weeks. My flatmate blows.

I should probably mention that my flatmate isn't the type to use the connection conscientiously. If i introduced him to usenet or optimised his torrenting setup he's more than likely to just start downloading even more than he does already.

Kin fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jun 7, 2013

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

I'm sure the solution to this was mentioned somewhere in the thread months ago, but I've got a problem with sickbeard in that it only lists part of a season of a TV show.

If i check thetvdb.com it lists all of them, so i can only think that there's something up with sickbeard. Does anyone know how i fix this?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Have you tried "Force Full Update"?

That didn't seem to do anything but a mass update and rescan did the trick.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

I'm having a bit of difficulty in getting sickbeard to run on startup.

I've made a shortcut to the exe (via send to desktop) and placed it in the startup folder, but still nothing.

I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit if that makes a difference.

I somehow managed to get it working on another machine with the same version of Windows but I can't remember if there's something specific I did to get it to work.

The sickbeard site just says to drag the exe into the startup folder (which doesn't actually create a shortcut), and i can't seem to find much information online about this which makes me think it's not something that's common.

Any ideas?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Tiger.Bomb posted:

Which startup folder? There's more than one.

It was the one that can be explored from the start menu.

I got around it by using the task scheduler though.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

I've got sickbeard running with XBMC accessing the library with the Aeon Nox skin, but i'm having a pretty terrible time with the images.

Basically, the banner images in sickbeard aren't showing for everything and the preview season posters aren't showing in XBMC (they show a small zoomed in section of the background show picture).

I thought i could just delete all of the images and try and update them, but doing that didn't actually change anything and then i couldn't find an option to update the images.

Can anyone tell me what i need to do to reset/fix this?

I basically want to show the banner images in the upcoming section of sickbeard whilst showing the show posters in XBMC.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

cr0y posted:

What is going on technically when I download an nzb that is several hundred days old, throw it into sabnzbd and sab runs at like 1k/s? The articles aren't 'missing' because i don't get any errors, but they don't download either and it doesnt seem like it falls back to my blocknews account either. supernews advertises 2000+ days of retention but I have no success with stuff greater than a year or so old. :confused:

edit: Actually it does look like missing articles, I am bad at logs. Wtf supernews?

On a related note, is there something i've missed in regards to configuring sickbeard where it'll identify these and not try to download them?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

edit: Sorted. Stupid loving admin privileges.

Kin fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 16, 2014

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

I'm getting a bit of a weird issue with xbmx (gotham)/sickbeard since i've reformatted my machine.

Whenever i download a new ep of something the season poster in xbmc is this zoomed in shot of an image for the series. This happened when using Frodo but my solution to fix it (i.e. telling xbmc to refresh info for all eps of a particular series) doesn't seem to work permanently like it did before.

Basically, i get an ep for a series and the poster is screwed up like mentioned above, i hit refresh -> get from internet/ignore stored content and bosh, the poster art is updated.

We watch an ep, delete it from the HDD, but when the next ep is downloaded the following week the same problem happens.

I've noticed if we've not watched the episode for a series and another one downloads, the series poster remains fine, so it only seem to happen once we've watched all available eps of a show and deleted the video files from the system.

Has something changed between frodo/gotham that i'm not aware of or is there an option i've missed something in the sickbeard post processing?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Keito posted:

Make SB not fetch garbage metadata while post processing.

Hmm, i turned off all the metadata fetching stuff in sickbeard but the problem still occurred last night. I take it i should delete all the metadata that's currently in there and just let XBMC handle everything now?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

visuvius posted:

Is anyone else having an unusual amount of stuff failing in the last few days? I'm on Newsgroupdirect and a bunch of my routine poo poo has been failing lately. Repair failed, not enough blocks blah blah.

I've not had stuff fail but i'm on supernews and have noticed something odd. For newer items on usenet i'll pretty mushc get my max speed, but the older it is the slower my download speed gets.

Like, something on day one will get 10-11MBps but something 500 days old will only get 2-4MBps at most.

This has only started happening in the last week or so, so something's changed.

I'm not quite sure what though because one of my other machines has this weird issue where it gets the maximum internet connection speed from usenet while the screen is switched off, but as soon as i switch it on it's halved to 2-4MBps and if i then bring up the chrome web browser, it drops further to just 500KB/s.

All of this started happening at the same time this week and i can't figure out what the gently caress changed.

edit: i should point out i'm connecting to the EU servers.

Kin fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Nov 8, 2014

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

The Gunslinger posted:

Have you checked if its hitting your backup server? That's usually what it is for me if I have slow speeds, it drops because the articles don't exist and it has to get them from my backup, the process is fast but your average download speed drops. nzbget shows you how much your backup is being hit while you download.

I don't have a backup server :smith:

But if it's been happening on the US Supernews servers maybe it's something they've started rolling out to the EU ones (or I've just never really noticed it before).

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

serebralassazin posted:

I have only noticed slower speeds on quite old post (rough estimate because it's been a while since I checked this out) around 1200+ days I'll say. When I first noticed it I played around with using the European server and turned off my backup server (Blocknews) so I would definitely just be using the US one. It's not a big deal since it doesn't slow to a crawl but I can usually hit my max speed (75Mbps) and when I have noticed the slower speeds on older post it will be around 20-30Mbps range.

I've never been able to pull anything older than 1000 days off of supernews, despite them saying it has like a 2000 day retention or whatever it is now.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

So what is this backup system you guys are talking about. Is it just subscribing to 2 newshosts simultaneously?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

So based on what you guys are saying about there only usually being about one missing article, would that 500GB blocknews be the kind of thing you would consider lasting 1-2 years?

I might just try XSUsenet first.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

The Gunslinger posted:

Yes it does do that, enable Completed Download Handling. In my experience its slightly faster at searches and supports failed download handling as well. Beyond that if none of those grab you then keep using Sickbeard. Just the failed download handling alone is huge for me, especially as DMCAs have become more aggressive.

Also the dev who left Sickbeard wasn't Midgetspy I thought and the project is still alive AFAIK.

How does Sonarr compare to sickbeard in regards to updating TV schedules. I've found on and off over the last 6 months that sickbeard will regularly fail to properly update a series and as a result it will miss an episode of something. This fixes itself when i go in and do a forced manual refresh of a show but it's pretty annoying that i have to do that, never mind that i feel like i have to constantly check things to make sure the schedule is up to date and that nothing has been missed.

Kin fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Mar 27, 2015

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Disgustipated posted:

I switched to Sonarr maybe a year ago, and I recall having this issue with Sickbeard as well. From what I remember Sickbeard doesn't really update shows except when it starts up, so since I left my computer on for months and months at a time it would never get a chance to do so. Haven't had an issue with Sonarr.

I did wonder if it was to do with that, as i used to just sleep my machine but for the last 3 months I've been shutting it down completely. I've got sickbeard set to launch as soon as my machine starts up so maybe that's loving with it.

If Sonarr doesn't have that issue I'll try making the switch.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Having a bit of a familiar postprocessing issue with Sickbeard but i can't remember how to fix it or what to google for the solution.

Basically, it moves the files/folders from the 'download' directory to the 'TV' directory, where it then renames and moves the specific file to the appropriate folder. The problem is that it leaves the original downloaded folder in that directory too. As in there's:

[showname]
[showname-720p-words-blahblah]

It used to delete it, but for some reason has stopped. I've got the 'keep original files' box unchecked in sickbeard's post processing config, so i'm not sure what else i'm missing.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

YouTuber posted:

Sickbeard is dead. The project lead hosed off. Sonarr is the common accepted replacement. Sickrage is just a fork of Sickbeard. Radarr is the movie variant of Sonarr and is under heavy development though is totally functional at this point. Sonarr apparently is modular enough that you can plug in various types of data into it. Radarr just being the most notable example. I've seen test builds for books, music and one guy made one for porn somehow.

I tried making the switch to Sonarr a year or so ago but had difficulties in configuraing the post processing with SABnzbd. Is it easier to switch over now?

edit: switch made, this is a lot easier now!

Kin fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jul 16, 2017

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

How does Sonarr handle missed episodes?

I've been away for a week and a few things have aired while i've been out. They're listed in the wanted tab but don't appear to be doing anything and the only message is 'Epsiode missing from disk'.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Anyone on supernews seen an overnight drop in speed?

I usually, pull in about 11-12MBs, but it's only been hitting about 2-4MB on a couple of my machines today. General speed tests don't show any issues with my connection itself.

Edit: For more detail, i was connected to the euro server (news.eu.supernews.com). After updating SABnzbd to the latest version it's telling me it can't find that and i'm having a bit of difficulty fining details on supernews server addresses.

Is it possible the server is gone and my slow speeds are now because i'm having to connect to the US?

Oh, i also got a weird issue last week where i happened to be using the connection on two of my machines at once and it refused to let my second machien connect. Does supernews have a throttling policiy if it detects someone doing any kind of 'shared account' type of thing?

Kin fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jul 29, 2017

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Catzilla posted:

Is your Supernews speed still slow as I've noticed that it has slowed to a crawl for me too (I also connect to EU servers). I have searched, but can't see anyone else mentioning it, or having problems. Not sure whether it is my ISP that is now throttling usenet or not (Virgin Media, UK).

I contacted supernews for support and they gave me the direct IP address for their DC server. Suddenly my speed wernt back to normal. Virgin are up to their throttling tricks again according to a digital spy esque forum i came across.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Catzilla posted:

I ended up switching to Newsdemon, they are a bit cheaper and I'm back to full speed.

They look interesting, i'm going to give them a try now. I've never had any real issues with supernews until now but i'm keen to see if there are decent alternatives.

Kin fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 11, 2017

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I've been with NewsDemon since 2011 and don't think I've ever had any problems. They screwed over a bunch of their heavy users that were on a cheap black friday plan, which sucks, but if you can get past that, they are good. Ever since The Scene started encrypting their filenames, I've had very few failed downloads.

Good to hear. Also the extra 20 connections above supernews are letting me hit like 100% of my speed instead of the 70-80% i've usually been getting. Just need to test the retention now but the speed alone is enough to make me switch for good.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Something odd's just started happening with Sonarr on my machine.

I installed both it and radarr and had them set to start up automatically but not launch the browser (i've got both interfaces pinned in chrome anyway).

For the last week though, despite the toggle still being set to off, sonarr keeps on opening up chrome on start and then launching another tab in chrome in addition to the one that's already there and pinned.

Any suggestions on how to fix it?

When i look at the startup:
Radarr, has 3 lines (Conhost, network command shell, radarr.exe)
Nzbdrone.exe has 16 lines (the same 3 as the above, an Adobe Create PDF plugin listener for chrome, and 12 chrome lines with varying levels of priority).

I'm assuming both Radarr and Nzbdrone should be the same in the startup, and that Adobe thing shouldn't be in there either as part of that NZbdrones process?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Hmm, so as of this morning i've been getting the following error in SABnzbd.

Decoder failure: Out of memory

I tried reducing the article cache all the way down to 200MB but the same error keeps happening. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I've tried deleting my queue, restarting everything and even updated to the latest SABnzbd version, but no joy.

Everything was working perfectly last night so i've no idea what's changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

So I just got a new rig and switched from SABnzbd and Kodi to Nzbget and plex.

It seems fairly intuitive so far, but am I right in thinking that plex is basically a lot like Kodi except it's browser based and synchs up to multiple devices?