Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dhrusis
Jan 19, 2004
searching...
This may be a dumb question, but I'm a new sickbeard user and I have a few shows on the list with brand new episodes that are now 'wanted' since they've aired recently. I've been watching the console and it doesn't seem to be trying to grab those.. is this a known bug? Should I go ahead and just download them manually?

I guess what I'm saying is I've yet to see sickbeard actually grab a new episode from a show that aired something recently, one because its a fairly new install (1 week) and two because most shows have ended their seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dhrusis
Jan 19, 2004
searching...

EC posted:

Those shows are in your Backlog, which is searched once a week by default. You can manually start a backlog search if you don't want to wait.

I kicked off the backlog search (or so I thought) by going to Manage->Backlog Overview, and then clicking "force backlog" for those two episodes. They are still set to "wanted" and aren't being snatched. Anything I can do, or is there a way I can see if the indexes that SB is using even have these episodes avail?

dhrusis
Jan 19, 2004
searching...

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Did you set up any search providers in the settings? Make sure Sick Beard Indexer is checked and move it to the top, then if you have accounts at any of the listed providers, add the login/api details for those. While you're at it, try to manually grab the episodes in Sickbeard (the magnifying glass icon next to each episode) and see what it says. Check your log for any important information you might be overlooking.

Yup! Search providers are set up. Sickbeard Index, NZB.su, and Wobble' in that order. Interestingly enough, if I search manually for this show in the Nzb.su web interface , the last episode shows up. There is no magnifiying glass by the show listing in sickbeard, for some reason, so I can't manually search for it. The other show has a magnifying glass, but still doesn't show up, even though I can also find it in nzb.su. I know you aren't sickbeard support, so I can post this on their forums, just didn't know if I was making a dumb error or not.

dhrusis fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Dec 29, 2011

dhrusis
Jan 19, 2004
searching...

EC posted:

I would delete the show and re-add it, making sure you choose the appropriate directories during that process. Also make sure the quality setting is set to something that actually exists on the indexer (if you've set it to HD and it can only find SD, it won't find anything).

Also, check the logs and see if that tells you anything. If the manual search for something that you know exists fails, it's usually a problem in your provider settings or quality settings.

Thanks everyone for the help.. it looks like for one of the shows, since it was a "Special" Sickb was confusing it with the next episode or something... it snatched it but it put it in the wrong category. I don't know the solution to this issue since it must be a systematic issue with the TVDB, so I'm not going to worry about it.

For the other, it wasn't in HD like it was scanning for...Changed that and it snatched immediately.

dhrusis
Jan 19, 2004
searching...

inpheaux posted:

Once it's set up you never have to think about api keys or post processing scripts ever again.

Apparently unless you update sabnzbd. Mine wiped out everything.

dhrusis
Jan 19, 2004
searching...
Whats the deal.. lately certain things I've been trying to download with SAB via nzb.su have been falsely reporting the download speed, and have not been completing. The SAB icon turns red... things used to work with these types of files, but I guess there's a lot missing...anyone else experiencing this?

dhrusis
Jan 19, 2004
searching...

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Neither of those two things are the reason for that error. The reason is content owners requesting DMCA takedowns of the files. The providers then break the files just enough that the files can't be repaired. The only way to really combat this is to have a second provider (usually a block plan) as a backup. You'll never be 100% safe from DMCA takedowns though.

I've had 2 providers forever and have never has a successful automatic repair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dhrusis
Jan 19, 2004
searching...
hey guys whats a good block backup for giganews