Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaketeck
Jul 6, 2004

<3 Robots

Billa posted:

Since the takedown on Newzbin1 the site itself had almost no new content and often it was bs.

I always got pretty lucky. Rarely did I ever have to search raw usenet.

Now that they are gone.... Who's the next best? Who will feed my sickbeard?!?! Most of the sites appear invite only =/

Jaketeck fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Nov 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaketeck
Jul 6, 2004

<3 Robots
Looking at my sickbeard history it still shows about 50% comes (was) from newzbin2. I moved sb up the list of priorities. How does NZBMatrix stack up? I figure for a one time fee its worth trying.

Jaketeck
Jul 6, 2004

<3 Robots
Am I a sucker for using Giganews? I've been with them forever. They seem to cap whatever connection I am on. However, it seems they are a bit more expensive than the others.

Jaketeck
Jul 6, 2004

<3 Robots

Aatrek posted:

I'm doing a tech support back and forth, and was told that nobody else reported any problems so far before me.

Im getting the same thing on Giganews. I noticed its mainly because most of the blocks it's trying to download are missing.

Jaketeck
Jul 6, 2004

<3 Robots

Milky_Sauce posted:

It's a bit weird. When I go to the "incomplete" folder, the total file size is nowhere near the total amount it's saying (though it's more than just a few MB). I have deleted the completed folder if that's what was suggested. I'm very confused because it only seems to happen on certain stuff, and not on others.

I have been having the same problem. I just cleared my history (its was close to 500 pages). I'll update if it works or not.

Jaketeck
Jul 6, 2004

<3 Robots

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

But why would you pay for it when another release group is doing the exact same thing for free and it's still just as subject to DMCA takedown.

Exactly. If its a pay or invite only thing it would make more sense for them to obscure the title. Avoid take-downs and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaketeck
Jul 6, 2004

<3 Robots

demonachizer posted:

Bleh. I like using headphones because it has a frontend that my kids and wife can understand. I guess I will have to be more intimately involved in their music downloads. I can see why the code is an issue though. It seems like it hammers the poo poo out of servers with requests when you force a recheck.

I thought it was because headphones was set to search for results at the same time every day. On the hour. Headphones was pretty much ddos'n the indexers because everyone who had it installed was doing all their API hits at once.

On that note, is anyone else having issues logging into nzb.su?

Jaketeck fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jun 17, 2013