Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Is there some way to make Sabnzbd execute the sabtosickbeard.py script again after a file as been completed ? ( I ran out of space on my target drive. I have added more space but I just want to know if there is a easier way)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

so anyone using headphones ? https://github.com/rembo10/headphones

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Cwapface posted:

Ah okay. Well, surprisingly, this makes perfect sense. I thought the number of connections offered referred to how many things you could have downloading at once, not how many connections you're making at any given moment to download one thing, so more connections is faster to the same extent that your connection is. Makes me feel stupid for going with Supernews as a cheaper reseller with their 30 connections over Giganews with their 50. Sorry, I'm new to this. But it's kicking rear end so far! I'm getting stuff at a pretty much steady 10Mbps, which is, like, ludicrous for Australia, even though I'm on a (theoretical) 30/2 fibre connection.

Telstra cable ? I was able to push it to 19Mbps once.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

deep square leg posted:

(Aus chat) I peak at around 2.5MB/s through Internode's news service, which I believe is Astraweb? That's pretty much maxing my connection.

yep but internode run a mirror of astraweb local thus you will always get awesome speeds from it.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Nam Taf posted:

You could manually search for individual parts using binsearch or. At a stretch, some other format (torrent, google) and then use a manual par2 repairer?

Yep. (honestly doesn't everyone do this from time to time ?)

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

look what showed up in my email

newzbin2 posted:

Dear dj_pain,

This is an automated email sent from Newzbin, please DO NOT
reply unless specified otherwise as it will NOT be received/read.

The administration of Newzbin has performed the following action on
your account, effective immediately:

[*] We would like to invite you to come back to Newzbin. As a small gift, please accept 90 days of premium credit.

The details are as follows:

[*] Credit added: 90 days
[*] New total: 90 days

We hope you enjoy the usage of your premium credit. Thank you.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Laserface posted:

I will throw in my 2 cents and say that I use blocknews and blocknews only as my primary usenet provider.

my internet is :australia: capped :australia: to 75GB on peak + 75GB off peak data a month. Depending what I want to download that month Im not pushing any more than maybe 50GB or so a month. it makes no sense to have a subscription of $10 a month when I cant actually use more than 150GB a month anyway.

in the last 2 years I have spend $140 on blocks (100GB to test the waters, 200 to keep on keepin on and then a 500GB block once i got sickbeard and currently half way through another 500GB block) which, if I had used a $10/mo sub it would be double that with no additional perk to me. I very rarely have completion issues, even on older stuff.

I mean, you guys in places that have no restrictions, it makes sense to not have restrictions on your usenet either, but for me and the amount i download, blocknews is pretty much the best deal.

Umm dude, look into getting your plan upgraded. Even telstra offer 200gb on there $69 plan. Also If you are australian and you are on internode/iinet use there newservice as you get about 35 days retention for free.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Shagsta posted:

I'm switching ISP so I'll have to start paying for usenet again. My previous ISP provided an Astraweb feed for free, god bless them.

A couple of years back it was universally accepted that Giganews had the best feed and the best deal for this was through Supernews. Is this still the case? Also, a while back I remember reading that Giganews is doing DMCA takedowns. Is this true?

If Giganews is out of favour, I guess I'll probably go with the $96/year Astraweb deal...

I've been using astraweb for ages now, still pretty good but it doesn't hurt to have a block news account as backup.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Thermopyle posted:

I don't feel like its exactly needed right now, but, to scrach an itch, I've been working on some stuff in Python to watch RSS feeds (or search) from private trackers and fetch things that match failed downloads in the sabnzbd queue and then pass that on to Sickbeard.

This seems interesting

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Telex posted:

Setting up a spotweb on my Nas4Free server was actually not so tough.

I don't recommend the average person do it, you do mostly need to know what you're doing. But it's totally possible at least so far for me. Works with the built-in lighttpd, just add mysql and get the right php packages and you're off.

ETA: I changed my mind. Is there a way to automatically have it retrieve new stuff? I don't want to click the button, I'd rather it just update once an hour or so...

cron job to get it hourly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

I have 2 NZB.su invites!

4th and 5th to e-mail me gets it. bagofsunchips [at] gmail

email sent