Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Danforth05 posted:

NZBs.org isn't closing down anymore, I guess. From the IRC:

"We've been convinced to keep running so we will not be shutting down this week as originally planned. Sorry for the roller coaster ride folks.
Anyways we will be switching to the beta. If you have not logged in there yet please do so. I'd recommend you check that your email address on this site is valid before logging into the beta."

Welp, at least my 10 dollar donation at DOGnzb won't go to waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Strat posted:

Has anyone moved from Sickbeard to NzbDrone?

http://nzbdrone.com/

It's written in .Net so windows only at this stage. But from what I've read it basically has all the features of Sickbeard but with a much, much quicker scraping engine.

I'll end up trying it for the sake of trying it, but just wondering if anyone else has made the switch?

I've yet to find one person online that has tried it and then gone back to Sickbeard. Everyone says it's superior and sticks with it, which I kind of find hard to believe...

Why would we want to move from something that works?

Edit: OK, maybe sounded harsh. But seriously, Sickbeard integrates so well with SABnzbd why would you want to break that up?

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Apr 26, 2012

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Strike Anywhere posted:

Do any of you use VPNs to get around ISP bandwidth shaping or throttling? TimeWarnerCable (Roadrunner) in SoCal appears to have implemented throttling on nntp traffic because I can repeatedly max out at the same rate of around 1.8MBytes/sec each evening with no fluctuation, while still getting full speeds off other protocols. I have a 50 Mbit down connection so I can hit 6.1 MBytes/sec consistently all evening long from other non-nntp sources. I'm fortunate to not have an oversold node/network in my area.

I use news.supernews.com on port 443 with SSL to attempt to appear as standard https traffic. I've also tried non SSL on port 80 and various other standard ports with and without SSL to see if I can sneak around it without success.

In addition, the glasnost test fails when attempted from my home computers (http://broadband.mpi-sws.org/transparency/bttest.php).

I was thinking about trying Giganews' VyprVPN for a month to see if that works out. I've read up about other VPN offerings out there, but really wanted to hear what you guys recommend first.

I'm not seeing this on my connection with TWC. I'm only using SSL on port 563, no VPN.

Edit: Also on Supernews. Forgot that tidbit.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Dec 18, 2012

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Strike Anywhere posted:

I'd tried port 563 w/ SSL as well (I was originally using that).

I'm using the sabnzbd client. I'd doubt it would be related to that though. It's just strange that I can hit 1.8MB/s during a range of evening hours (what I'd assume are peak hours) but while that's limited I can still hit full speeds downloading from any other source.

Do you know of any other nttp throttling tests that work well or any other ways I could try to identify if bandwidth shaping is in effect?

I really don't worry about it and can't really recommend anything off the top of my head. If it were ever an issue I'd just use my seedbox as a staging area and just SFTP stuff.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Strike Anywhere posted:

If you tracert to news.supernews.com, are any hops on Comcast's network? I wonder if the traffic shaping is on their side and they're just doing a blanket nntp throttle during their peak hours. I'd be surprised if that was the case, but it makes me wonder.

Couple hops on their network.

code:
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                             192.168.2.1 -    0 |  110 |  110 |    0 |    0 |    1 |    0 |
|        cpe-xx-xx-xx-xx.socal.res.rr.com -   80 |   25 |    5 |    0 |   26 |   31 |   29 |
|      tge7-2.grgvca65-cer01.socal.rr.com -    0 |  110 |  110 |    9 |   14 |   52 |   11 |
| tge0-8-0-12.grgvcabt-ccr01.socal.rr.com -   80 |   25 |    5 |    0 |   17 |   18 |   16 |
|       agg23.lsancarc-ccr01.socal.rr.com -   80 |   25 |    5 |    0 |   23 |   37 |   16 |
|           ae-6-0.cr0.lax00.tbone.rr.com -   80 |   25 |    5 |    0 |   21 |   38 |   38 |
|           ae-0-0.pr0.lax10.tbone.rr.com -   19 |   61 |   50 |    0 |   18 |   44 |   15 |
|be-10-303-pe01.600wseventh.ca.ibone.comcast.net -   41 |   42 |   25 |    0 |   19 |   47 |   15 |
|pos-2-3-0-0-cr01.losangeles.ca.ibone.comcast.net -   66 |   29 |   10 |    0 |   19 |   34 |   17 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |   21 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |   21 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|                      news.supernews.com -    1 |  106 |  105 |  117 |  123 |  173 |  118 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Must be regional or something. I'm having no issues with Supernews.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

An alternative for now until it's fixed is to use the XBMC auto update library addon.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Anyone know why SABConnect++ gives you garbage when you use it on Binsearch?

For example, if I click the SABConnect++ button on the page of results and it sends it to SABnzbd, downloads it, but when I open up the folder it's not even close to what it's supposed to be, either totally different files or obvious viruses/keyloggers. When I click the radio button and click create NZB and upload it to SABnzbd, it downloads the correct file and everything.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Vykk.Draygo posted:

It sure would be nice if the dognzb api would be fixed so I could actually search for things in NZB360. It's been broken for what feels like months now.

It's been working fine for me in Sonarr. What are your settings for it?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

YouTuber posted:

Has development on Sickbeard ceased? I notice the last git commit was over a month ago and on their forums there is a sticky from someone I'd presume to be a top developer saying they're leaving the project.

That and most everyone has migrated to Sonarr (Formally NZBDrone).

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Laserface posted:

OK so I guess I will try out Sonarr and NZBget, though Ive not really ever had issues with sickbeard and SABNZBD.

Is there a way to migrate my database and settings from the latter two apps into the former?

I'm still using SABnzbd so can't help you there, but with Sonarr, I just pointed it to same folder SickBeard used and seemed to pick up everything. Just have to link up the info which wasn't too difficult. You'll also might want to tweak the settings for renaming if you want to keep everything in the same format when it renames things.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Laserface posted:

Thanks. Yeah I'm setting up sonar now and it's very nice (sickbeard still has no .app for OS X) but I don't want the year showing in the title of the shows/seasons at all. Can that be done? I can't see a switch for it.

I believe that's for when you have more than one show of the same title (they exist!). New shows I've added since migrating over didn't add the year from what I've seen in my folders.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Mighty Zoltar posted:

Any way to work around it? Is there a provider that has less issues than Supernews?

Having a backup service like Blocknews. That's been my setup with Supernews.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

So I take it the API issues are fix or improved with DOGnzb?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Tapedump posted:

Wait, what? Aren't those two rather important functions of an automated system as we dump all our content into shared storage for HTPCs and such?

Wow...

It's a security thing supposedly when I last read about it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

DuoGodOfDeath posted:

Haven't used UseNet in about 5 years. I bought an Astraweb plan downloaded SABnzbd. When I try to log on to SABnzbd what user name and password am I exactly suppose to put into it? I tried the account from Astra but that fails to work.

You're trying to access your SABnzbd install? Try checking the ini file and change the user and password there: http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/faq#toc21

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I sort of feel like I've asked this before, but I have a daily show being downloaded daily by Sonaar and NZBget and placed into a show folder like all of my other shows, but most of the time, it'll leave a folder with the Scene name in the root of the tv shows folder despite moving the episode to the correct folder. It's only the one specific show that it happens with. Does this happen to anybody else?

It happens to me on daily shows exclusively as well. I have 3 in my watch list and every once in a while I have to clear the folder out after stuff has been processed long ago.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Welp, Dog voided all lifetime subs and is converting to annual passes. :smith:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

The Gunslinger posted:

That's ridiculous. I remember back when they introduced it a bunch of people told them it wasn't a good move but they insisted they could do it for $15 with some untold number of users.

They should have grandfathered people into a free 1 year sub or done something. You can't just say "whoopsies we're voiding everyone, now resub by getting our overpriced tshirt!". Dog was a good site but that behavior sucks, I'll let my sub lapse and just use other resources. I feel bad for people who came to depend on the watchlist there though.

They're sorta doing that:

quote:

What does this mean for current users? It basically depends on when you originally registered.

For members that registered after December 1st 2014, your lifetime payment, will be converted to a 1 year subcription, starting on date of your registration. DOGpass members will see their expiration dates increased by 1 year as well

If you registered before December 1st 2014, your subcriptions will expire on the same month/day of your registration, so expirations will be stagered during the next 12 months. DOGpass members will retain their current expiration date.

In both cases, please check your profile pages for information on your updated expiration date. All members will have a 30 day grace period after their subscription expires to renew before their accounts get purged from the database for good.

I'm in the latter category and they gave me 170 days.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

That downgrade is a stopgap to prevent accounts from getting pruned I read.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

The Modern Leper posted:

Can someone explain why Sonarr is better than SickBeard? Not looking to be convinced, just curious.

Sonarr is still getting updates. Failure handling is excellent and is mostly hands off.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

Does anyone know the future of cat? I've got an account there but as I have nzbs.org it's just a backup. Interested to know if there's rumblings of them going to paid or something.

What do mean? They already offer VIP accounts.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

Paid only, to be precise. Like nzb.su did.

The forums aren't very active but their FAQ says their happy with the VIP system they have now. So who knows what will happen.

If you want a totally free indexer with high API access, there's always Drunken Slug. But you're under the whim of the dude who runs it as a hobby.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

Are there any reports of Time Warner throttling or somehow loving with Usenet traffic? I should be getting 7.1MB but i'm lucky to get 4. I know it's something with my connection. Is it possible it's just the usenet provider (astraweb). Anyone using TW that can recommend a specific usenet service?

I'm on TWC with SuperNews. It's been saturating my 100 megabit connection just fine.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Thermopyle posted:

Emby is also good. I prefer its web client to Plex's.

Did they ever fix the web client's playback issue? I'd start a video but the loading icon would spin continuously until I refreshed the page.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Thermopyle posted:

I've never had that problem. Sounds like a permissions issue to me, but you'd have to look at the log when it played to be sure.

Definitely wasn't. Plex used the same permissions and never hit it. One of the reasons why I went back to Plex.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Thermopyle posted:

Well, I'm just saying it's not a general Emby issue...or hasn't been in the past 6 months at least, there's something specific about your environment or something. Anyway, not the emby thread. Here's the emby thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3753964

Thanks, but not needed. Since I went back to Plex it's been gravy. I had more issues with Emby but the browser playback was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Keito posted:

Probably an ffmpeg issue then. If Emby can't execute the ffmpeg and ffprobe binaries it won't be getting much done.

It worked after refreshing the page then so I'm not 100% sure why, but again, I'm on Plex now and everything is fine.

Anyways, is Blocknews still the go-to for block plans for backup use?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

slomomofo posted:

No, it doesn't require a subscription. That's only for syncing to the iOS device for offline watching. No subscription is needed for streaming on your local network.

It doesn't? It gave me a time limit on streaming my content when I last tried it last month(?).

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Hah, didn't realize SABnzbd 0.8.0 was released as 1.0.0 now.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Sub Rosa posted:

I switched to NZBGet to take advantage of the ability to prioritize servers with more granularity than main/backup.

SABnzbd 1.0.0 does this too now by the way.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Keito posted:

Hold up, did Plush actually get removed in sabnzbd 1.0 release? I might switch over to nzbget if so, really couldn't stand the new UI that was default in the betas.

It's still there. You just have another option now.

Edit: I like the expanded info on the main screen when you click on a download. Tells you more info than it did in previous versions, the one in particular I like is it tells you which servers it used and how much it downloaded through it. :allears:

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 23, 2016

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Does sonarr not support storing your library on a network drive?

I just set everything back up after a few years off usenet, sickbeard used to be fine as long as I mapped the relevant folders on the NAS to a drive letter but sonarr doesn't seem to want to co-operate.

On Windows it's really picky how you set it up. You couldn't run it as a service if you have it mapped. You'd have to run it as a startup program for it to work with mapped network folders.

https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/FAQ#why-cant-sonarr-see-my-files-on-a-remote-server

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Is there a way to have Sonarr remove a bad download from my queue when it finds a Proper?

Seems like all the parts of this are possible (find and add Proper, delete queued download) but it's not a feature.

It's replaced bad releases with propers for me. Usually after the bad download has happened though. If it's still in your download queue, you can go the queue page in Sonarr and remove it there and there should be a button or something that will let you blacklist that bad release manually and it'll will skip it on rerun.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Tanbo posted:

Picked up a block account at Blocknews as a backup, I added the US server, there's also 2 EU servers, should I bother adding those?

Sure, replication could be different between the servers.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Tanbo posted:

Not really sure how it works, was thinking it might just waste blocks by downloading the same thing, but does it only download the missing blocks if it finds them and it's needed?

It won't download duplicate parts of a file. SAB and NZBGet are smart enough to see a part is downloading and move to the next one. You can make use of server priorities in your client of choice.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

The Modern Leper posted:

Just cancelled my Astraweb account because I was seeing the same issues as everyone else. Is SuperNews the next best option? I'm also looking at UsenetBucket based on the two mentions on this page, but I don't think my home network is fast enough to justify paying 13 euros for UsenetBucket's 400 mbit plan instead of 10 USD for SuperNews's 100 mbit plan

I've been on SuperNews since early 2010. Never had an issue outside of expired articles that Blocknews still has.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Rookoo posted:

If something is affected by a DMCA takedown, does it show as missing articles, or does it dissapear? I was trying to get a show that's a few days old and it had thousands of missing articles.

Yes, that's a DMCA takedown. You're getting whatever is still replicated to their servers and hasn't updated yet.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Heners_UK posted:

Honestly, I'd say just start paying Astraweb.

But I liked my Highwinds reseller (Super news) before I switched (to News Demon, who were shady, so I went to Astra)

SuperNews is Highwinds? I always thought it was Giganews.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Trillest Parrot posted:

Is there a way to get Sonarr to update all episodes in a season from HDTV to WEB or BluRay rips?

I believe it's done at the series level (wrench button) and tweaking profiles (in settings) to ignore HDTV or making a new profile altogether to only get WEB and Blu Ray. Once it's set, it'll look at what you have, download the higher quality releases and replace them and leave whatever it can't find alone until it finds a suitable replacement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

ILikeVoltron posted:

yea, but $5 for lifetime VIP is pretty amazing. This is assuming they stay up for more than 6 months.

I've been a VIP with them for a month short of a year. So far, so good.