Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005
NZB.su or omgwtfnzbs.com

Personally, I think I'll go back to monitoring the official IRC channels and websites of the fillers and just search the post ID in binsearch or equivalent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005
Looks like omgwtfnzbs.com shut down sometime this weekend.

For Spotweb, is there a delay in processing headers?

I noticed if I search for something that should be released on a weekly basis, it'll show one from a week ago, but the next result will be 1+ year old.

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005

Thermopyle posted:

Things get posted to spotweb when people post them. It doesn't scrape usenet like newznab does.

I understand that, but some of the weekly Linux distributions I'll search for are very popular and are seemingly missing most of their most current season release code-name.

I'm not complaining if this is the case, I just want to make sure that my Spotweb configuration is working properly.

Larry Christ posted:

Oh cool, and right after I paid for VIP. I used paypal, anyone else in the same boat? Think I could get the 10bux back?

Stop paying for NZB sites, at least until things somewhat stabilize. Right now, you're gambling with your money.

MrCodeDude fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Dec 25, 2012

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005

Fuhrer posted:

It seems like I am the only person in this thread still using Newsleecher?

:confused:

I'm still using NOMP + Par N Rar.

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Why? It's not 2005 any more. You can automate all that stuff now.

inpheaux posted:

Could you elaborate a bit as to why you've stuck with them for all this time? The fact that SABnzbd did what those two apps did automatically was why I switched in the first place.

I used SABnzbd for a bit a couple years back, liked it quite a bit, even got my roommate to switch to it. Then SABnzbd started having a variety of issues with completions, extractions, deleted files, etc. and I didn't feel like putting in the effort to troubleshoot, especially when I never had problems with NOMP+PNR.

I realize I could use a more efficient/automated process, but I don't feel like I'm wasting that much time with my current setup.

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005

Vykk.Draygo posted:

A couple years is a long time for software that is frequently updated. I suspect you wouldn't have those problems anymore.

Probably, but if I'm perfectly satisfied with my current setup, I don't see the need to switch.

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005

Le0 posted:

So I've noticed recently Sabdnzd often says some Linux ISOs are missing a large amount of articles and cannot be repaired.

What's my solution to overcome this problem? I have a monthly subscribe with Astraweb and a block account with blocknews but that does not suffice apparently.

Try using the European server: eu.news.astraweb.com

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005
Is Astraweb dying a slow death?

I've used them forever, but lately, nothing is fully completing without the need for backup accounts at Tweaknews + Blocknews. I'm also not getting anywhere near my former download speeds.

Is there a consensus "best" general use usenet provider or is it more of a strength-in-numbers kind of game now?

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005

YouTuber posted:

There is a guy who everyone regards as a pedophile in my group but he wasn't going to be using this server.

:wtc:

Why not just use a provider that allows account sharing (e.g. XSNews)?

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005
Is there a way to do preferred words for releases in Sonarr? The best option I've found for backfilling old releases is to temporarily add the tag "obfuscated" to a series (dramatically increases chance download succeeds), but for new releases, I don't need to wait for an obfuscated release (so I'll remove the tag once fully backfilled).

It would be nice if there was a way to make "obfuscated" a preferred, but not required, word.

And with all these obfuscated/scrambled releases and the supposed relationships between posters and indexers, are there now "premiere" indexers?

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005

Greatest Living Man posted:

Afaik there is this option? It's for preferring releases from select groups, but you could put obfuscated in there and it would serve the same purpose.

Looks like it's a low-priority feature request that won't be addressed until Sonarr 3.x versions: https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/milestone/1

:smith:

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005
https://newsgroupdirect.com/terabyte-tuesday

NGD is doing Terabyte Tuesday (on Thursday): $35 for a 1TB block, if any of your Highwinds block accounts are running low

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005
There does seem to be a delay in the indexers getting/processing new releases.

For certain shows I've had to go to the newsgroup's IRC channel and have the release bot send me the NZB because the episode still wasn't showing up on any indexers.

I'm also finding that Dog seems to be processing the majority of releases over Cat, Geek, OMG, and Simply.

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005
Is there a way to push library updates from SABnzbd/Sonarr/Radarr to Kodi?

I have three nVidia Shields running Kodi and none of them consistently keep track of new material.

I'm running both Watchdog and XBMC Library Update, but neither appear to be working 100%.

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005

Vykk.Draygo posted:

What are you using for your library database?

I didn't know you could do that. You can store the library database remotely and have Kodi work off that master copy?

wolrah posted:

Sonarr and Radarr both have built in abilities to tell Kodi to refresh the library as soon as new content is added. They also send notifications that pop up when downloads start and finish.

I set that up for all three; which I thought would fix it. But I haven't seen any pop up notifications on any of the units and none are keeping an accurate track of new media.

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005

Slash posted:

You need to enable remote access in your kodi configs.

I have remote access enabled on all the Kodi boxes, it doesn't seem to have helped/fixed the problem.

Maybe it has to do with Kodi not being the active app or the Shield being asleep?

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Yes. You can use MySQL which is kind of a pain in the rear end to set up, or my personal preference is to install Emby and then just install the Emby addon in each instance of Kodi. You can then have Sonarr push library updates to Emby.

Thanks, I'll check out Emby.

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005
edit: wrong thread, sorry!

MrCodeDude fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 29, 2018

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005

Thermopyle posted:

You probably meant to post this in the Kodi thread?

Too many tabs. Fixed, sorry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005
Is there a way to prioritize indexer results with Sonarr/Radarr? It was an option in CouchPotato.