Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

dj_pain posted:

so anyone using headphones ? https://github.com/rembo10/headphones
I have tried it. Feels like it's still in the early stages, but it has potential for sure. Stopped using it when it suddenly started hogging 100% CPU for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

xlevus posted:

Is the OP up to date? Who out of the four has the best European servers? Or is peerage/routing no longer a problem I should worry about?
I my experience it doesn't really matter if you use eu or us servers.

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

deong posted:

Is anyone using headphones? I'm wondering how to get the post processing working... or does it work? I saw a few things from a few months about talking about how its wasn't implemented yet, but then another newer post making it sound like its up and working.

Am I wrong to assume there is a script thats needed (like sickbeard) for sab to initiate the post processing?
It works, no script. Just point Headphones to the place where the files gets dumped.

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

maniacripper posted:

Anyone know the best usenet app for android. I just discovered that this thing can do torrents so now I'm trying to turn it into my computer away from home. Also whats the best way to use android to tell my computer to grab stuff off of usenet?
MediaDog is fantastic if you use SickBeard and/or CouchPotato.

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

pixaal posted:

Goddamn it, edit your post, dude.

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

TraderStav posted:

What is this 'Headphones' ? I've never heard of it and I bet you can guess a Google search is useless.
Here you go: https://github.com/rembo10/headphones/wiki

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

satin666 posted:

Everyone's account is gone, don't know why.
Not mine.

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

timmmmaaaah posted:

Strangely enough I have news.supernews.com and usnews.blocknews.net accounts set up in SAB but when I look under connections I have a tonne of connections to @eu.news.astraweb.com?
This is asked on every page, but it shows where the post was originally uploaded to.

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

EvilMuppet posted:

Well this sucks. Does anyone know any indexers that will work with sickbeard, or any that are any good in general really?
Sickbeard's own index is really good.

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

Billa posted:

That doesn't look promising and we should REALLY start moving the goonindex stuff.
What is so dramatic about this? What are you reading into it other than a user thanking the admins?

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

tronester posted:

I am getting a ton of new releases failing, generally the error message being "Repair failed, not enough repair blocks (x short)", though I am also getting "Download failed - Out of your server's retention?" and "Invalid par2 files, cannot verify or repair"

At first I thought it was because of DMCA takedowns, but I have both a thecubenet.com block account for backup and supernews.com as my main provider. I can tell that the backup block account is being used, because it shows bandwidth being used from it every day.

Any suggestions? Could this perhaps be a hardware problem?
Try downloading without any sort of postprocessing and extract it manually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

Melmac posted:

For what it's worth, this does not work for the life of me when using torrents in Sickbeard (something I have had to resort to lately) no matter how hard I try.

An external program that scans a folder (in my instance, the folder torrents automatically download to) and for it to move the appropriate file to the appropriate folder for the show would be incredible.
You could probably use FlexGet for this.