Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

sonatinas posted:

Are their decent alternatives to sonar/radarr? They’re unusable in OS X Catalina with no good way to access directories. I guess I can go back to couch potato for movies.

There’s a one line thing to get them working, I can’t remember it off the top of my head but if you google it it’ll come up. I run both in Catalina fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

When I remote in to my machine later I’ll see if it’s something I can extract from it, it really is a single command that allows mono to deal with removable drives and is a common thing everyone on Catalina has to do for it, so came up quickly when I searched.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sounds like you have the videos folder as the ‘complete’ path in nzbget? Personally I’d suggest keeping that folder isolated in the downloads area and having Sonarr and Radarr do your file management for you, it’s far less a hassle.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Radarr is mainly used for queueing up stuff for the future (to me anyway, I know a lot of people ITT were aghast when I said once I hit 'final' status I remove the movies from Radarr in batches as I don't need it being a catalog). So a few things that make it useful are connecting it to your iMDB watchlist, so you're out (one day, in the far future...) and you see a trailer or someone mentions a film to you and it's a few clicks and it's ready and waiting. Or replacing web rips with blu-rays which can take longer. People also have it set to download based on things like trakt.tv lists which log popular movies at the moment, if that's your jam.

e: ha got caught in a meeting so everything already covered between me typing and being able to hit submit.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

True friends would ask why you don’t have the 10th Anniversary too.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

You don’t often need tons of grunt for a full set up. I can’t remember what gen i5 my 2012 Mac Mini is but it sure ain’t recent, and it runs the full array of software, a 36TB library, and all while being my primary computer and having like 10 external Plex users on it. I’ve seen it transcode 3 or 4 streams at once and everyone looked like their playback went fine.

(Ideally I want them all on Firestick 4Ks when they go on sale next, I have tons of bandwidth so sending direct stream is far more preferable).

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 04:16 on May 1, 2020

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah hevc playback needs to be in all low end stick clients ASAP. I had a Roku in the bedroom but switched out for a Firestick when I moved from xfinity to At&T hoping the tv app would rival the excellent Comcast one (it doesn’t, it’s poo poo). But the codec coverage on the 4K is excellent and at $25 during sales it’s solid, so I’m happy enough.

I need to get my Roku friends to fine tune their settings a bit as it seems to default to 3mbps 720p out of the box. If I can get them to 10mbit 1080 at least it’ll cut down on transcodes on the video at least.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I have Ombi running but half the time I don’t even bother telling users about it and just field their requests by hand. It works ok but is a little buggy (for some reason it managed to make some ghost entries in Radarr that didn’t have movie names attached which was fun).

If it’s just movies, you can always get people to make IMDb watchlists and sync those directly to radarr.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My settings in nzbget for newshosting are

news.newshosting.com
Port 563
50 connections

Generally get around 90-100 MB/sec on a gigabit line.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I thought wrestling stuff was generally carried by tvdb now so thus supported in Sonarr. I don’t watch that particular one, but my setup picks up their Wednesday one fine altho sometimes needs a nudge to import it after grabbing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I think I don't understand how release profiles work in Sonarr. How can I make it so that Sonarr prefers Amazon rips but will download something else if it can't find any, and will upgrade if it's found at a later time?

My setup is a release profile I call 'webscore' that then has the following values

.AMZN. 50
.IT. 40
.ITUNES. 40
.NF. 40
.HULU. 40
.DSNY. 40
.WEB. 30

which I then add to every show I track, and it works well. You can tell when it's in effect because if you do a manual search for an episode you'll now see scores next to it. The scores I've given are a bit arbitrary as I was expecting to have to amend this quite a few times, but honestly this is essentially my day 1 attempt with a few tweaks (adding the .s was important!).

I've noticed that .WEB. now often comes from better sources than it indicates so I get some duplication, but it's not a huge amount and I'm uncapped so I don't really care.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Thermopyle posted:

You need to be running sonarr v3.

I'm sure Thermo just made a typo, but don't want anyone to be confused.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Good news for macOS Catalina people, it looks like the update that rolled out for Sonarr v3 yesterday 'fixes' the permission issue that needs manual intervention. I had a request for Sonarr to access my external storage earlier, and changelog shows

code:
New
Replaced launcher on OSX Catalina so that individual permissions can be assigned
So that makes it a bit easier. I expect Radarr Aphrodite will follow suit.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I tend to do 4K stuff manually for the most part, maybe put SDR on the blocklist?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ombi generally works well enough, I've had a few weirdness things occur but nothing too major. You could always sync peoples iMDB watchlists for a solution that doesn't involve adding another piece of software to the mix (movies only, mind).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I've never looked back personally, especially as in order to get a single library in Kodi shared across multiple clients was a real headache when I left (I'm sure this is easier now, and there's Kodi/Plex plugins available). I have a Kodi client installed on a Firestick if I ever need it, and tbh I never really do. If you don't find yourself messing with the settings much (there's no ability to do things like force aspect ratios etc), and just want a reliable and decently laid out media system, then Plex is definitely worth a spin. No harm in installing it and seeing if you like it or not before taking the full plunge.

It's a bit arsey if you lose your internet connection though, but there are ways to resolve that.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Always leave that show unmonitored, and have the Recycle Bin enabled for when things go wrong.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I found the easiest way to get a nice h265 archive was to just go to my indexer, choose the section then just do a search for a year and order the results by name and do it by hand. Radarr I clear out all the time anyway and just use to get stuff that’s out in the future.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ha I didn’t know about that feature. Omni the only thing I haven’t set back up following restarting my setup, I should get on it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Anyone on Sonarr (v3 only perhaps) finding their usenet nzb provider API isn't returning results for a show, but if you do a search on the site by hand it comes up fine? I've seen it every so often in the past, but a few times this week I've added a show with episodes that have aired and done a scan and it's grabbed from torrents instead, despite being further down the chain because it can't see anything. It's weird.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Vykk.Draygo posted:

If it's specifically 4K stuff, you probably don't have the 4K category added in Sonarr. Otherwise, maybe you're out of your daily allotted API calls?

It's not 4K stuff (but I do have that category added after realizing it needed to be done by hand), but good point about the API calls... alas I just checked and I'm waaaaaaaay under... 140/1000 hits and 15/1000 adds. And I can check other things fine afterwards, it just seems to be *some* things. I need to work out what they have in common I think, and I'll make a note about which shows it is and see if it resolves or not after some time has passed. The ones I looked at today were a few days old, so won't be down to lag or anything.

e: think I've found it, in the indexer they don't have a 'View Series' option for these files whereas most things do. I'm guessing that's something that uses the TVDB identifier and that Sonarr relies on it to match the property. At least it means it's not something on my side at least, and it's not going to occur super often and I just got unlucky a few times this week.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Sep 4, 2020

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yep. A pain, but at least I don't usually grab releases by the groups that do that and if I do I do them in batches and remove them before import.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I get 95MB/sec on a gigabit with Newshosting most of the time, US server on port 563 SSL with 50 connections. Could be the route to your ISP, could be the ISP traffic shaping etc. there’s just a lot of factors.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Bank posted:

Out of curiosity how does one actually get an invite to a random place if they can't discuss it? Not saying the rule here is bad, I think it makes sense, but I genuinely have interest in joining a place that only does invites (or applications) and I don't know of any avenues today (Discord, Reddit etc..) that allow for such information exchange. For someone who doesn't have IRL friends that do this stuff, and not really being able to discuss it amongst my fake online friends, I'm kinda out of options.

Plexaholics on Facebook group often has people trading invites. That group can be a bit much at times though.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Big changelog today, but the one that stuck out to me was you can now add a show with just Pilot episode monitoring. Super useful, as I have a big folder full of these shows I've done by hand over the years, and now I can just have Sonarr do it in one click.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s more that it’s now a default option on the add show screen so you don’t have to go into the show itself and manually monitor/unmonitor episodes. It’s not a big new feature or anything, just a ‘hey that’s useful’ one.

Plus it means I can filter down the shows I only ever set to Pilot and then flush them easily as necessary.

E: posted at same time as dude above.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’ve told my friends already ‘hey you might see a bunch of shows go up with just one episode more than usual, let me know if you want more’. Crowd sourcing my recommendation engine!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I once found out that my radarr service was completely open to the outside world, as somehow the basic built in authentication was disabled and I didn’t do anything beyond forwarding a nonstandard port to it. Think I got lucky as nobody ever messed with it and it was that way for at least a year I think.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

What's the best way to test this, to make sure I am not doing the same?

Probably try to connect to it from a machine that you've not used before/private session.

I was always under the impression that it was cookied and letting me in, until I happened to be in the pane where I could see it had just never been enabled for some reason.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think at one point Sab started having bad feature creep, and nzbget supporting things like automatic retries which it didn’t made it a reason to change over (usually when setting systems back up from scratch). In 2020 I think the differences are probably negligible and just stick with what you know.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

So I'm guessing free-usenet has gone, the dodgy service stealing people who would repackage unlimited accounts from other providers into block accounts. No spam in my inbox for a while and the domain just instantly goes nowhere. I didn't realise they were suss when I bought some blocks with them back a few years ago, typically I would find this out just after everyone has wrapped up their sales! (I'll see how I am without it, I really didn't use much from it as newshosting + obfuscation has been excellent the last year or two).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

quote:

Series runtime is 0, unable to validate size until it is available

This is really starting to bug. Posts suggest you can get around it by setting 0bytes as your minimum size but opens the chance for bad poo poo to come in. I'm on MacOS so less likely to affect me, but still a pain in the butt. Apparently, as usual, it's TVDB who are the issue.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Do block accounts help with stuff that's "zapped" by the DMCA? Or are there usenet providers that ignore them or something?

Following a DMCA, the provider usually nukes a percentage of the fileparts to make it impossible to get a working copy from them. If a different provider does the same thing, but hits a different set of fileparts you can build a working copy between the two.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

No, only the client (SAB, NZBGet etc) needs to have the provider information in it. It should be a pretty seamless changeover.

And with Sonarr/Radarr, unless you're doing a bunch of backfilling DMCA isn't really as big a deal as it used to be as the obfuscation measures have gotten way better. One network in particular used to be very DMCA happy, and their stuff has come down fine for ages now for me, even if I don't realise something has started airing for a few days etc.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

How long ago was your original try with radarr? It’s been years since I moved over, I can’t even remember a time when it wasn’t an improvement over couch. I like how it and Sonarr match their backend and UIs over major version changes.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah radarr 3 is fine, been on that for months. Can’t remember the feature difference but I prefer the new UI on both, especially on mobile (altho I should just use LunaSea more, but old habits etc).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Violator posted:

Just set this up, pretty slick. I’ve wanted something like this for mobile for a while. Nice to have it all in one place.

I wish it was a little more iOS-y but not a huge deal since I’m guessing it originated on Android.

Make sure you do the backup settings option, I took a while setting up all the API keys etc then one day I loaded it up and it was back to default.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Xaris posted:

i find it actually pretty hard to find older movies in *265 format, especially in the 1-7gb range.

Tigole does a pretty good job in this range, and he covers a good variety of new and old movies. Just throw his name in to your indexers Movies x265 section and you should get a fairly long list. He includes extras too which is nice if you like those, I personally strip that folder out mind.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mine seem to be set at 5.9GB/hr for the lower quality stuff, 10GB/hr for regular 1080p Blu-Ray encodes, and unlimited for anything above that. It's not something I've had to think about in v3 at all tbh, I've not noticed anything flagged as not being eligible for download due to filesize not being within the limits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

No problems here, just moved about 100gb in 20 minutes including the unpack etc.