Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Former Human posted:

But I'm not, because the completion problems I'm talking about aren't due to takedown requests. How is that so confusing for you?

How can you tell the difference? I thought all completion failures pretty much looked the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

I had to reconfigure my Sickbeard install, and now my post-processing doesn't work like it used to. I get "Unable to post-process an episode if the show dir doesn't exist" on a new stuff with no folders, but it used to create the folders for me. Every google search tells me that this is an option that should have been added sometime around 2011, but I can't find it. Can somebody help me, please?

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

FISHMANPET posted:

Do you have permissions issues preventing Sickbeard from making folders? What does the full post-processing log say from SabNZBD (by clicking the scroll looking icon labelled "View Script Log"), or by checking the debug log from within Sickbeard?

The SabNZBD log is:
code:
Loading config from C:\HTPC\SickBeard\autoProcessTV\autoProcessTV.cfg
Opening URL: [url]http://localhost:8081/home/postprocess/processEpisode?nzbName=Brooklyn.Nine-Nine.S01E15.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD.nzb&quiet=1&dir=C%3A%5CUsers%5Cdesk%5CDownloads%5Ccomplete%5Ctv%5CBrooklyn.Nine-Nine.S01E15.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD[/url]
Processing folder C:\Users\desk\Downloads\complete\tv\Brooklyn.Nine-Nine.S01E15.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD

Processing C:\Users\desk\Downloads\complete\tv\Brooklyn.Nine-Nine.S01E15.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD\brooklyn.nine-nine.s01e15.720p.hdtv.x264-2hd.mkv (Brooklyn.Nine-Nine.S01E15.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD.nzb)

Found result in history: (269586, 1, [])

Parsed Brooklyn.Nine-Nine.S01E15.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD.nzb into Brooklyn Nine-Nine - S1E15 - 720p.HDTV.x264 (2HD) [ABD: False]

Checking scene exceptions for a match on Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Looking up Brooklyn Nine-Nine in the DB

Looking up name Brooklyn Nine-Nine on TVDB

Lookup successful, using tvdb id 269586

Loading show object for tvdb_id 269586

Retrieving episode object for 1x15

The old status had a quality in it, using that: HD TV

SB snatched this episode so I'm marking it as priority

Is ep a priority download: True

There is no existing file so there's no worries about replacing it

This download is marked a priority download so I'm going to replace an existing file if I find one

Found release name Brooklyn.Nine-Nine.S01E15.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD

Processing failed for C:\Users\desk\Downloads\complete\tv\Brooklyn.Nine-Nine.S01E15.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD\brooklyn.nine-nine.s01e15.720p.hdtv.x264-2hd.mkv: Unable to post-process an episode if the show dir doesn't exist, quitting
I don't think it would be a permissions issue, because if I add a new show to sickbeard it will create the folder.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

If the folder is there, post processing works. If the folder isn't there, post processing fails.

I had a problem where shows were getting marked as wanted once they aired, but they wouldn't actually download until I went in and re-marked them as wanted. When they did download, it would create the folder in post processing. Last week, I deleted my Sickbeard setup and reconfigured it. Things download correctly, but now I have the folder issue.

EDIT:

Found it: http://sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8040

quote:

To have sickbeard auto-create folders during post-processing, set: create_missing_show_dirs = 1

The Diddler fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 4, 2014

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Feenix posted:

Ever since I switched to NZBDrone, I get it redownloading stuff (recent, or old as poo poo) in better formats/ Propers, etc. I thought I had it set up to not do that, but maybe I missed something?

Advice?

You need to set the old seasons of shows to unmonitored, and also make sure you have it set to not download deleted files if that's something you want.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

That said, I'm super stoked to be able to bulk import all the terrible 900mb movies to get them into the system then updating them to something non-potato quality.

Does importing work? I'm trying to import around 1.2 TB of video, but nothing's happening. It just says "Loading search results from TheTVDB for your movies, this may take a few minutes." and has been there for about an hour now. I can't tell if it's not working or if I'm trying to throw too much at it. I was able to add a new movie to the list, so at least that part is working.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Barnsey posted:

Anyone hit me up an invite to a decent indexer?

you'll want to beg for invites on reddit, not here...where it specifically says not to

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

xgalaxy posted:

Is Radarr solid enough now? I've been patiently waiting with my broken rear end CouchPotato setup.

I honestly don't know when it wasn't better than CP, even in beta.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Laserface posted:

I don't use any streaming services because why would I? Usenet Access is cheaper and has all the stuff I want available.

I've started watching everything I can on Netflix because you can skip the intro on pretty much everything. I didn't think I would care about that until I started watching older shows with 60-75 seconds worth of intro.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Volguus posted:

A media player should have no issues skipping in 10 seconds intervals. Sure, it can get a bit annoying, but to pay $10/month to not have to do that is a bit ... strange. That being said, I do still have netflix (even though I don't need it/want it) only because that's the only way the family let me cancel cable many years ago. I would drop it in a heartbeat if I could.

I watch plex on a roku with a logitech remote. I dunno which part is the real issue (pretty sure it's plex), but there's no forward skip, just fast forward. By the time I fast forward, it rebuffers, and I FF/RW as needed and allow it to rebuffer again, I might as well have watched the credits. Maybe it's not the *best* user of my $13 each month, but I'm ok with it.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Kin posted:

Hmm, so as of this morning i've been getting the following error in SABnzbd.

Decoder failure: Out of memory

I tried reducing the article cache all the way down to 200MB but the same error keeps happening. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I've tried deleting my queue, restarting everything and even updated to the latest SABnzbd version, but no joy.

Everything was working perfectly last night so i've no idea what's changed.

According to this: https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/introduction/known-issues#toc2 you shouldn't run it as a service, other than that did you check if you ran out of disk space? I don't think a lot of people here run sab anymore, so you may not get much traction.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

I'm also here to hit the "everything is ok" alarm. At least 2 of my friends have also had no issues.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Incessant Excess posted:

Is there any way to get Radarr to automatically pull movies based on certain rottentomatoes criteria? There's the option of getting highly rated, popular movies via the StevenLu option but I'd be interested in something a bit more customizable.

Not rottentomatoes, but there are options: https://github.com/Radarr/Radarr/wiki/Supported-NetImports

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Nitr0 posted:

Why upgrade to a beta? What advantages is there in v3 over V2? V2 seems to be working fine for me.

Big one for me is that v3 is way easier to use on my phone than v2.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

cr0y posted:

Just a quick selt sanity check, is rolling your own indexed worth it anymore or has obfuscation kind of sailed that ship?

I looked into it a year or so ago, and the amount of work required to de-obfuscate and storage needed turned me off of the idea.

EDIT: If you're good at regex it'll be a bit easier

The Diddler fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Nov 7, 2019

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Bank posted:

Maybe I should ask this in some other thread, but I figure you guys may know best. When I watch things via Plex (PC server to Roku on TV with integrated speakers) the volume is ear blasting during action scenes and the like, but when the dialogue comes up it's super quiet. From what I've read the solution is to either change audio settings on my TV (I've checked and don't see anything applicable in my settings), buy an X.1 speaker system so the dialog comes out through the center channel, re-process the files with a different audio setup.

Is there anything else I should try? I really hate having to change the volume every so often and it makes the movie watching experience pretty awful for me. I don't really notice it on TV shows, just movies, presumably due to file type?

Try changing the volume leveling in the Roku. I changed that a few weeks ago and that seems to have fixed it, although I've not watched a lot of movies since.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

I've noticed that Sonarr says every series has been removed from TVDB, which is mostly an annoyance as far as I can tell, but also you currently cannot add a new series.

I know this *particular* thing isn't really TVDBs fault, but they really seem to be the worst thing to have to rely on for anything.

EDIT: vv fixed, my bad

The Diddler fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jan 10, 2020

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

sedative posted:

https://usenet.farm/ is good and this UsenetExpress reseller is having a sale on blocks right now https://usenetfire.com/plans/

Both are on different backbones.

If you're gonna use farm, wouldn't it make more sense to go with frugal since you get farm access free? I'm on farm and have no issues, but I plan on switching to frugal when farm expires so I have access to both.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Anyone having issues with Hydra2 going unavailable in Sonarr and Radarr? I think it started last week when I updated it, and I've updated since and it's not better. If I test the connection in sonarr it gets better for a while, then it goes offline again. I checked the logs in Sonarr and they're a mess of API errors. I went thru Hydra and cleaned up those indexers, but it happened again after I was done. I can try to re-install an older version, but I would prefer not to do that if possible.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Slash posted:

Is there a way of finding where NZBGet is getting data from?

I'm hoping for something like the graphs from NZBHydra.

There are graphs available if you click the "remaining time" clock in the upper left corner, I think that might be what you want?

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

The Diddler posted:

Anyone having issues with Hydra2 going unavailable in Sonarr and Radarr? I think it started last week when I updated it, and I've updated since and it's not better. If I test the connection in sonarr it gets better for a while, then it goes offline again. I checked the logs in Sonarr and they're a mess of API errors. I went thru Hydra and cleaned up those indexers, but it happened again after I was done. I can try to re-install an older version, but I would prefer not to do that if possible.

I think I fixed this, I'm running Hydra on a Server2016 VM, I updated dot net and Java and it seems like it's working correctly now.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Matt Zerella posted:

Holy crap Bazarr works really well.

That is not the experience I had. It just refused to search for about 75% of what I told it to, with nothing hitting the logs. This was about 6 months ago though, so it's probably better now.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Bank posted:

I feel like every few months I have to do a cleanup on my Sonarr/Radarr/SABNZBD setup. Yesterday I spent 30m horsing around because my HTPC restart automatically for a Windows 10 update, and because it didn't login to Windows none of the startup apps got kicked off. Then I saw I couldn't login to anything and had to reset the passwords. Then I saw the port number on the machine changed, even though I told my router to reserve it for that MAC address.

All in all it was a huge PITA and I didn't realize things were broken for so long..I effectively lost 1 month of downloading and afraid to kick it off again as the backlog is pretty huge (1TB bandwidth limit here).

So 2 questions:

1) Is there a way for me to tell W10 to stop restarting for any kind of update? I'm pretty sure I downloaded some tools to prevent this, but for whatever reason I run into this every month or two. Things like MSFT Edge get re-installed and plastered all over the place, and after logging in it tells me to set some kind of system settings up (I honestly forget what). I get there are some security updates and such that I absolutely should install at some point, but given I don't put anything personal on this machine I don't mind waiting a few days. It just seems like W10 is force-installing stuff on my behalf.

No. I mean, technically, you can spin up an AD domain and WSUS, but that would also require W10 enterprise for those settings to actually apply.

Bank posted:

2) Is there another way for me to track when these things die down? I presume there should be another way to be alerted that my port changed or something and SABNZBD can tell me other than having to login to the UI?

I would start by making sure everything is installed as a service, and make those services start on boot. The next step would be monitoring of some sort. The simplest would be to just load each page every day to see if they're working. If you have a second computer available, you can set up something like PRTG to watch either the web pages or the services and email you when they're down.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

BaseballPCHiker posted:

I've been more than happy with NZBGeek despite apparently their atrocious security.

It feels like I have a ton of problems with Geek and NZBHydra, but it works really well with everything else.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Xaris posted:

Are you using NZBHydra1 or NZBHydra2? I can't say I've had problems with Geek in NZBHydra2. The one I DO have problems with is my SimplyNZBs account for whatever dumb loving reason it keeps getting disabled in Hydra2 but it's also a pretty crummy indexer even though I have a lifetime account there so whatever, maybe I need to adjust Timeout values or something.

Anyways just re-activated my Geek and seems to be working. Glad it's back. DrunkenSlug is great and the only one I pay monthly for, the rest are lifetime or free but NZBGeek being out of commission for awhile was definitely very noticeble for my search results, it's a real heavy hitter.

I'm on Hydra2. I think I got it fixed yesterday, but I won't know for sure until some content is released.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Are you sure that even supports binaries, and not just reading and posting text?

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

kri kri posted:

Nope, from the posts I read on reddit from the sonarr devs, they refuse to add support for themoviedb.

Did they say why? Or is it normal open source drama like 'whoever asked first wasn't nice enough'?

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

There are lists you can subscribe to that will do similar things. I know for a while StevenLu lists were the most recommended, but I you can also get them from Trackt or IMDB.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

George RR Fartin posted:

Recently, my tv grabs have been mislabeled - say, the latest season of community where every episode is wrong. Is there something in Sonarr that could be screwing this up? It appears to be every series I've added since updating to the latest Sonarr release.

Edit: I added some providers and indexers around black Friday as well. Could those be screwing things up?

That's usually a TVDB issue, are they listed correctly there?

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Tea Bone posted:

Radarr and Sonarr have usable mobile interfaces but they're clunky and far from optimised.

Are you on v3 for these? I use the mobile pages for both of these on a regular basis and it's not too bad.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Violator posted:

Is lidarr worth futzing around with? I'm getting frustrated with streaming services so I've decided to create a small collection of artists and albums in Plexamp for some of my core favorites and then use streaming just for curated playlists and music discovery. I hate the modern slow UIs and Plexamp seems a lot faster with less social bullshit and easier navigation for just browsing my music. But it seems like usenet has a lot less coverage than what I'm used to back in the old NMP3s days so I don't even know if it would be worth setting up lidarr if there just isn't much out there to grab.

Personally, I wasn't able to find anything I wanted via lidarr. There's no real standard for tagging, so it's kinda a crapshoot.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

fraggsta posted:

I've already checked the number of connections I'm using is 20, the max that NewsDemon allows. I'm at a loss as to why I get such slow speeds.

Has it always been set to 20? It's possible that you're using too many and overloading your connection, maybe try 15 connections and see what speeds you get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

willroc7 posted:

Thanks for the link. Any thoughts on what 2 blocks would give the best coverage?

https://whatsmyuse.net/

Make sure you get multiple backbones and you should be fine.