Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«84 »
NevergirlsOFFICIAL
Apr 24, 2004

anthonypants posted:

I'm going to assume it started just last week, but various iOS incompatibilities with Exchange have been pretty consistent.

"It's been an issue for YEARS."?

Snipe edit: KB says this only affects "enterprise" on-prem editions (as well as exchange online) that's weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

Bless you, ants. Blants.

Fun Shoe

We've had weird issues with iOS devices and Office 365 getting stuck and sending hundreds of meeting acceptance messages. Issue went away when we moved people to the Outlook app.

Ranter
Jul 11, 2004

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

"It's been an issue for YEARS."?

Snipe edit: KB says this only affects "enterprise" on-prem editions (as well as exchange online) that's weird

The KB article lists at the bottom a 'last reviewed' date of April this year. The OOO may be a new variant of the bug but we've had iOS users spam company all hand meetings since at least March last year. And we've been recommending Outlook app the entire time because of it.

NevergirlsOFFICIAL
Apr 24, 2004

Ranter posted:

The KB article lists at the bottom a 'last reviewed' date of April this year. The OOO may be a new variant of the bug but we've had iOS users spam company all hand meetings since at least March last year. And we've been recommending Outlook app the entire time because of it.

Cool beans.

I have some users who love the Outlook app. I personally use the native iOS app because:
- no drafts folder sync
- no tasks visibility at all
- no notes visibility at all (I don't use notes so this one isn't a big deal for me)
- I BYOD, want one place to use view all my work and non-work calendars and email and contacts, idk how outlook contacts sync with my other apps that use contacts (like whatsapp) but I know native ios contacts Just Works. Also too lazy to learn something new.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

The outlook app kicks rear end

Ranter
Jul 11, 2004

It's lovely and slow in my opinion. I tap a notification for a new email and it doesn't load it half the time. But it's fully 'contained' and isolated from the rest of my stuff so that's fine. Running a Nexus 6P recently factory reset.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

Bless you, ants. Blants.

Fun Shoe

It's a beautiful day:

https://technet.microsoft.com/library/mt784593.aspx

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

It is! Now if only a custom cancellation message were added I'd throw out my own kludgy EWS-based script for doing this in bulk

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Fallen Rib

Then what is the difference between the -PreviewOnly and -WhatIf switches...

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Wondering if anyone here has some suggestions on resolving an issue I'm seeing for one of my company's customers.

She's on Win 10, in one domain and attempting to connect her email (Outlook 2010, yeah, I know, but nothing I can do about it) to a different domain's email server (Exchange 2013.)

Company ABC (where her email lives) bought company XYZ (where she is physically located and who's domain her PC is joined to.)

When attempting to connect her Outlook client to the Exchange server, she just continually gets a Win 10 prompt to enter her credentials. Regardless of whether she keeps the PW autofilled in, or retypes it, and checks "Remember my credentials" or not, it keeps popping up during the Autodiscover process and eventually fails to connect.

Her username is the same for both domains. I had her remove any entries in Credentials Manager, and I also had her change her PW to be the same for both domains, thinking WIndows was trying to authenticate with the UN + PW of the domain she was on rather than the one she was trying to connect to. Same problem.

A colleague said he saw the same problem with the same company a couple weeks ago with a different user, and the solution was to add this registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\AutoDiscover\ ExcludeHttpsRootDomain; dword, value of 1.

Same problem.

I'm not a big Exchange/email guy, and our resident expert is on vacation, so I'm just trying to get any suggestions.

She can log into the webmail just fine, so I know her email UN + PW work, and she's not without email, but it's obviously a big annoyance not being able to use Outlook (even if it is 2010.)

Edit: Ok, I think it might be something wrong with Autodiscover.
I started Outlook without setting up a profile, and did the autoconfigure test and got some stuff in the log:

http://imgur.com/a/60mnc

Black is for the MAIL domain, and Blue is for the domain the user is physically in and connected to.

Edit: Got it sorted out. It was a problem with her account on the ABC domain. The sys admin there said it was set up correctly, and he was wrong. Her login was set up as user@ABC.local, not ABC.com

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at Jun 23, 2017 around 16:17

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

Ranter posted:

It's lovely and slow in my opinion. I tap a notification for a new email and it doesn't load it half the time. But it's fully 'contained' and isolated from the rest of my stuff so that's fine. Running a Nexus 6P recently factory reset.

Yeah, this is a pain. Manually refreshing doesn't even show the email most times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ranter
Jul 11, 2004

wa27 posted:

Yeah, this is a pain. Manually refreshing doesn't even show the email most times.

Yup I bring up the list of running apps and swipe it to kill it, then re-open the app and the inbox refreshes.

«84 »