Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

I've taken to using BitTitan or Skykick. No goofing with hybrid, no connectors to clean up. Sure it costs, but being able to do on the fly mailbox type remaps (person to shared, shared to resource, person to resource, etc...) plus having a deployable client that does auto Outlook profile switching was worth it.

Bittitan is great. Used it to migrate the mailbox contents for ~1400 employees from an acquisition a couple of years ago and it was super easy to use. That was a slightly different use case though as all we were doing was copying the mailbox contents off of the separating companyís exchange, no identity migration.

We made another smaller acquisition last year and are in the planning stages of throwing out pretty much all of their IT infrastructure to include their O365 tenant. This one is a bit more complex since we are migrating identities and domain ownership to our tenant. Bittitan licenses just arrived, so itís time to get to work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I like Migrationwiz but *providing your on-prem Exchange is working well* then doing a hybrid would still be my preferred way to do that migration, even if it's just so everything can be done in phases without anybody noticing.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

If this wasn't a one off I may be more inclined to do that. I think I'm going to go bittitan. No need for trusts or rectifying GUIDs or SMPT matching with the 365 tenant.

NevergirlsOFFICIAL
Apr 24, 2004

https://github.com/cisagov/CHIRP

find out how owned yr servers are

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

A ticket came in: Allow Access to Outlook Web Access only from US

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Oven Wrangler

Bob Morales posted:

A ticket came in: Allow Access to Outlook Web Access only from US

And to think, it could be as easy as a click of a button.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/conditional-access/howto-conditional-access-policy-location

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

It's easy in the firewall to do apply incoming GeoIP US-only

It's just going to create about 20 tickets to unblock certain things in the future.

NevergirlsOFFICIAL
Apr 24, 2004

That's a problem for Future You.

NevergirlsOFFICIAL
Apr 24, 2004

A few months ago I was in a meeting that got zoom-bombed and I was like "I know how to avoid this, I'll just make it so my Zooms can be US-only!" and then I got a call saying "hey so-and-so from Vancouver can't join the meeting"
whoopsy-daisy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

get patching boys/girls/x, 4 more critical exploits this month
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/exchange-team-blog/released-april-2021-exchange-server-security-updates/ba-p/2254617