Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

This message isn't getting out of .biz's network, is it? They are telling me my server is rejecting it based on size but there aren't any traces of it in either my spam filter or my Exchange server. CORP-EX13......biz and UHSDR-EX.....biz are both their mail servers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Is there a way to make a room resource not visible in the GAL, but let other select users still manage it?

The idea is to not let users send requests directly using Outlook, they have to go through a group of users. But if you hide the resource in the address book, those users can't open the calendar to manage it.

I tried changing the default access rights to 'None', but the calendar is still visible in the address book.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Thanks Ants posted:

If someone has to "go through a group of users" isn't that basically the same thing as having booking delegates?

I think it's more they don't want the minions to be able to use it

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Will Styles posted:

Booking delegates work as an approval list. Anyone who is a delegate will receive a copy of the meeting invite and they can accept/decline the meeting. This will give that group of people control over what meetings appear on the calendar, however they'll have to manage every meeting.

An alternative is to use book allow lists, where you can explicitly list users who are allowed to book the room. Anyone who sends a meeting request to the room that isn't on the list will receive a decline reply from the resource. Example 7 on this page is setting this exact thing https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/exchange/set-calendarprocessing?view=exchange-ps.

Right. But they don’t want anyone to be able to even send a request.

It’s just silly. Did the hide/unhide trick, we’ll see. We have an internal conferencing tool on our phone system that we might be using a way which will eliminate this. Hopefully.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Here's the secenario:

We have an internal distribution group/security group that's mainly for a room resource. However, people have been giving the address out to external people and they're using that. SomeGroup@contoso.org

We don't want them doing that. Only internal people should be emailing this group. It shouldn't even be used as a distribution group...but anyway.

Checking "Only senders inside my organization" doesn't seem to affect this. Apparently, this is because we have a Barracuda Appliance that gets our email first, and then after filtering, it sends to our Exchange server.

In this case, anything from the Barracuda connector is 'authenticated', so Exchange sees that as 'inside my organization'.

I tried making a Mail Flow rule but you can't do anything using the group so I'm stuck.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Hawkline posted:

I don't think mail from a perimeter appliance should be authenticated.

How would I go about checking?

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I think am just going to make another connector specifically for the spam appliance. Not sure who set this up.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

quote:

xxx xxxx (Cygilant)
Mar 9, 2021, 4:57 AM UTC
Team,

We’ve received an alert of detection of a potential Exchange 0-Day Indicator of Compromise. We’re reaching out to alert you to the fact that we are currently investigating your environment further. In the mean time, we’d like you to consider the following guidance:
hide ya servers
hide ya wife

"Proactively eliminate threats"

"Comprehensive, up-to-the-minute threat intelligence, visibility into security events, real-time incident notification and guidance to quickly address security issues."

:lol:

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

A ticket came in: Allow Access to Outlook Web Access only from US

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

It's easy in the firewall to do apply incoming GeoIP US-only

It's just going to create about 20 tickets to unblock certain things in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Is there a way to view the full message headers in 365 Message trace? Would be useful for troubleshooting.

Only registered members can see post attachments!