Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

Has anyone ever dealt with cancelled meetings from a shared mailbox calendar being recreated on the attendees' calendars? There are a bunch of bits and pieces of suggestions online for it, but I'm trying to understand the underlying functionality of what's going on here. A user with delegate rights is cancelling a meeting, the recipients all receive cancellation notices, and the invite disappears as normal. The next day, the calendar repair assistant helpfully recreates the meeting with the "Exchange server re-created a meeting that was missing from your calendar" text.

I know I can probably do a search and destroy on everyone's calendars and remove the meeting that way, but I was hoping to understand more about what's happening. Is this a sync issue somehow? Or is there something else going on here? Any useful resources on the repair assistant or related topics that I can read?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU