Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

This question is only tangentially related to Exchange but is there a Linux/BSD-based groupware with similar functionality to Exchange? We (I) currently have an ancient Exchange 2003 installation and are going to migrate to Exchange 2010 complete with new servers unless there's something equivalent that doesn't require Windows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Oh god. Does anybody know a free way to export Unicode PSTs from Exchange 2003 without using Outlook? Exmerge doesn't work because I have both Russian and German data (never mind the 2GB limit) and doing it all via Outlook is a pain.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Export-Mailbox won't work because it needs 2007 or 2010 to be within the same domain, which isn't possible. At least I think it requires that, going to give it a shot from my 2010 install.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

For a New-Mailbox -Shared folder, how can I make every folder in the mailbox display in OWA? Right now only /Inbox displays and I don't believe that contacts are shared either.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I'm actually surprised how well my cross-domain Exchange 2003 -> 2010 migration worked. I expected a lot more headache.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I believe there are a lot of different places where you have to change the send limit for it to actually work. Try running Get-Mailbox <Identity> | Format-List *Quota and see if there are quotas that might interfere.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I'll log in into my Exchange install and see if I can find what I had to change, sec.

E: Organization -> Hub Transport -> Send Connectors and -> Global Settings seem to set hard upper limits and perhaps Server -> Receive Connectors too. Soft, user-specific limits can only lower that limit.

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Dec 14, 2012

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I am so glad that I made a new domain when I transitioned from our old SBS2003 server. Looks like I spared myself a world of pain.

Anyways, does anyone know why some Outlook 2007 (Pro, non-volume licensed) clients have access to both their own and shared folders' Online Archive, others only to their own Online Archive, and others to none? It's goddamn infuriating.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Is there any sort if bidirectional Outlook/Exchange LDAP integration so I can connect our VoIP contact list with the exchange one? I only know of read-only support for LDAP address books.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

So we have a bunch of mailboxes and a shared mailbox with online archiving enabled. Now all clients (Outlook 2007 SP3 that worked before) suddenly stopped showing archives. Personal archives still show in OWA but shared don't and never did.

I have no idea what might have caused them suddenly to break and no real idea where to look. This is a single server install serving 5 users.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Yeah, that was my suspicion too, except it worked before for ages. Just stopped working today and nothing changed in Outlook licensing or Exchange.

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

first thing I'd do is create a new profile without cached mode and without rpc/https, and see if the archive folder shows up then.

Already tried that.

--

I ended up just disabling automatic archiving for the time being and merged the archive back into the main mailbox so it was accessible to my users.

E: just checked our licensing and we are indeed on Outlook 2007 included with Pro 2007, which is not supported. Yet why was it working before? Also the lack of a non volume licensing option for 2013 with archiving is annoying.

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Aug 7, 2014