Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Italy's Chicken
Feb 25, 2001

cs is for cheaters
Cached exchange mode is the loving devil. Does anyone know how to recover a the contents of a giant OST file? I see there's lots of chargeable software that claim to convert OST into PST, but we have no money to spend on a single users problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Italy's Chicken
Feb 25, 2001

cs is for cheaters
Anyone good with shared mailboxes in Exchange 2007? I'm a total newbie, but managed to get it working perfectly except for one problem: When a user does a "send on behalf of (the shared mailbox)" the sent item does not get put in the shared mailbox's sent folder. When composing a message, there is an option to "save sent item to..." but selecting the shared mailbox's sent folder doesn't help and through screwing around I've even had it give an error message to the effect "you don't have permission to use this folder."

The way it's setup now has a security group attached to the shared mailbox in exchange, and then the user added to the security group. The users exchange Outlook profile then has the shared mailbox added in their "add additional mailbox" option.

Any ideas would be helpful or if there's way better way better way to go about setting this up, please let me know!

Italy's Chicken
Feb 25, 2001

cs is for cheaters

JBark posted:

This will probably fix you up:
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/278

I've used these instructions for a couple people, and seems to work fine.
Thanks, that's almost a fix for my environment. It requires cached exchange mode to work, which we have disabled because it introduced all kinds of other strange problems. drat Microsoft, why is Outlook such a pain in the rear end?

Italy's Chicken
Feb 25, 2001

cs is for cheaters
What's the best way to deal with an exchange account that won't be used for months?

My site has lots of auxiliary employees, not to mention people who go on extended leaves for whatever reason. Since everyone's mailbox quota is quite small, the MIA staff member ends up with a filled mailbox, stopping them from receiving new mail and giving an error message to whoever emailed them. On top of this, each staff member tends to be on multiple distribution lists resulting in a lot of error messages going off, causing even more confusion for end-users.

So far we tried:
-disabling the MIA exchange account, which doesn't help at all since the account is still listed on various distribution lists.
-removing the staff member from every distribution list, but then it confuses other end-users who are wondering why the MIA staff member isn't listed on their team. Also, this is more work for I.T. as we have to keep a good record of which lists they were on.
-deleting the email and AD account, which works perfectly but then relies on our backup solution which is a god-drat nightmare when it comes to restoring exchange accounts.