Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:
Just going to post this here as well as the security thread

All of a sudden everyone on my network is getting connect calendar.office.microsoft.com pop ups asking them for their logins to our AD domain it looks like a real box in outlook, no one has done any public calendar sharing and we're on our own exchange server.

Everything shows normal in trend and the sonicwall though.

Is this some random outlook bug or an exploit in progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!

Internet Explorer posted:

Sounds like maybe you have anonymous relaying on. Google how to turn that off.

i concur, though how why relaying would be get turned on in this decade is far beyond me.

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
Exchange Online/Hosted Exchange

I'm trying to make plans and budget for next year and looking at the various options. Right now we have 20 users on SBS 2008 and we're running exchange 2007 on the SBS server and Exchange has been relatively solid, but I would like the better OWA of 2010+, along with losing the requirement to worry about backups.

There's also a couple of other limitations to SBS which I'd like to eliminate.

I do have licenses/cals for SBS 2011, and that does get me up to exchange 2010 however it seems like a lot of work to do the upgrade to another limited platform.

I could get all new licenses and CALs for Server 2012 and Exchange 2013, but that leaves annoying backup and admin issues, so I think ideally I would go with some form of hosted Exchange. I'm not sure if the MS version is best or I should go with a third party exchange hosting type deal. I would edge towards the MS version though.

Are there any caveats I should consider before going the MS route?

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
Another Hosted exchange question. We also have a bunch of mailboxes which are shared things like info@fuckinorg.com etc. They pretty much need to be separate mailboxes I assume these would be billed as well.

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!

theperminator posted:

If you move to hosted exchange 2010 you won't be able to use Public Folders.

And yeah, you will indeed be paying per mailbox regardless of what they're used for.

Don't they have exchange 2013 online 2013 now through O365 or something? I think I could probably ditch the stupid public folders in favour of a few mailboxes with shared contacts and calendars or do it with sharepoint which in terms of shared contacts looks far better since you can do metadata. I'm just trying to figure out how much I want in MS's clod and how much locally or at our colo as far as sharepoint goes.

Can i do email forwarding on the exchange online side so i can create an group that forwards from shitfucker@shitdomain.com -> shitfucker@shitdomain.org so it delivers some of the group emails straight to sharepoint hosted by us?

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

This isn't true as of the latest update. I signed up a client to o365 a few months ago and you can easily create shared mailboxes in the admin interface.

woah, so we don't have to pay for shared mailboxes. i can't wait to switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!

Bob Morales posted:

Any suggestions on hosted spam filtering companies?

We've used MailMax and WebSense mail filtering. But the problem is that they silently drop false positives. That means we don't get a chance to whitelist or allow senders and usually don't know we are missing their messages for days or even weeks and this causes a bunch of problems.

What we'd really like it something with a feature that lets us see every single message blocked by the server and search through them, cases like these keep happening and it's biting us in the rear end when it's an important email.

we use mxlogic which can be configured to send indviduals reports of everything that gets blocked, and an admin can login and see all of the blocked messages.