Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don't Lol me
Sep 6, 2004

Telex posted:

Okay I'm stumped but maybe someone has dealt with this before...

I have an out of office RULE set up on an account (now former employee) set to trigger on out of office to auto-reply because we were having some issues with out of office not working properly... so i set it up via rules rather than the built-in assistant in an Outlook 2003 client.

Someone upgraded the machine I use to do things like that (semi-backdoor account on a shared machine sorta thing, not necessarily the best idea but it works to mangle accounts of lazy people who don't do it themselves) to Outlook 2007 and now the out of office assistant where I used to get to the Rules tab is now unable to connect. I've gone through a few MS recommended solutions, no luck. I think it has something to do with authentication, I'm not sure.

Regardless all I want to do is kill that rule. It's not a mail filter rule, it doesn't show up there. I just want to know what I can twiddle with on the exchange server itself in order to toggle that rule off and just use the standard auto-reply for out of office if this makes any sense. Right now it's sending my old message and the new one he set before leaving, so everyone sending an email to that account gets two replies. Not great.
If the get-inboxrule doesn't get you fixed, you may have a corrupted rule - we've had the occasional one with the migrations over the last two versions.
Since moving the mailbox copies all the content (including broken rules), you could try to copy just mail and calendar items to a pst. Then, change one of the hex values of msExchMailboxGuid for the account using adsiedit. Allow for replication (15 minutes is a good time for exchange stuff, as various attributes and whatnot are also cached for up to that time), then send a mail to the account to force exchange to recreate the mailbox.
Then create a new profile for the account, and export the content back into outlook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU