Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

Probably a stupid question, but can we upgrade exchange 2003 to exchange 2008 but stay with server 2003?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

Have a user who uses a hosted exchange solution. When she prints out a list of her contacts, it shows about 30 more contacts that aren't listed within Outlook. This is a shared contacts list with another user on the same hosted exchange domain.
Any idea what could cause this?

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

Chillbro Swaggins posted:

Nice av.

1. How is she printing the contacts - is she going to "Contacts" in Outlook and then file->print? What version of Outlook?

2. Are these additional contacts viewable in OWA?

3. Does the other user see the additional contacts?

1. Outlook 2007, printing as you described.

2. They are not view able in OWA either.

3. No.

The exchange server is hosted at Rackspace. Their tech support got back to me since I posted and seems to think that her email profile may be corrupted, and deleting her local email profile and rebuilding it again would restart correct syncing.
I can't think of anything else it could be so I will go ahead and do that, hoping it fixes the issue.

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

Well that didn't work. Am stumped on this one.

What the hell could be causing 30 contacts to only show up when printed or in the print preview pane, but nowhere in the actual contacts list, either in OWA or outlook?

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

Gyshall posted:

Local contacts? Ones saved in a PST or archive file?

Nope. It's a shared contacts file, and these ghost contacts do not show up in either instances of outlook, or either instances of OWA.
She has no other contacts of her own, she only uses the shared contact file.

The ghost contacts only show up when printed or when viewing the print preview.