Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005
So I've recently got myself a job as a Jr. Systems Admin at a smaller enterprise (200ish employee's) that has recently switched over to Exchange 2010 fro 2003.

I have 0 Exchange experience this far and want to make myself valuable to this company.

What reading material would be a good starting point if I wanted to learn Exchange 2010 administration from the ground up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005

Internet Explorer posted:

If you're talking about serious reading I've heard good things about these, have not had time to read them yet though -

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Exchange-Server-2010-Inside/dp/0735640610/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313515615&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Exchange-Server-2010-Practices/dp/0735627193/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1313515672&sr=1-1

Although, honestly, in a 200 person shop if you can make it through the first couple of pages on those you'll probably be leaps and bounds above any coworkers you may or may not have.

Cool, they actually already have this book on hand, I'll ask to borrow it.

Actually all of my coworkers seem extremely knowledgeable thus far. Good policies in place, people actually following them!

I'm in the twilight zone!!!

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005
Does anyone have any guides on how to set up a test Exchange environment?

I have a single instance of ESXi to work with, but would prefer to keep everything on a single vm since I don't have that many resources to work with.