Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Tried ipconfig/flushdns & ipconfig/registerdns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

How's your reverse DNS? I seem to recall AOL being super picky about that.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Complete Exchange noob here. Got a client who's complaining that OWA doesn't have their contacts, how do I fix this? In Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003 R2. Off to Google a bit now but if anyone's got the answer I'd love to hear it.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Well she did refer to the Autocomplete, yes. However I do know for a fact that her and another user do have contacts. How do we ensure they're available in OWA?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I remoted into a user's computer and saw for myself. The contacts they'd like to be available to OWA are $Company$ Contacts in Public Folders.

Yes, you can see the list by click on the Public Folders icon in OWA - they'd like those contacts to be available when composing a new email. I read about the trick of clicking on the To: field, typing a space and searching. However it only searches the user's contacts and the GAL. How can we make these Public Folder contacts easily reachable?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Nevergirls posted:

4. Move all the contacts to the GAL

This seems like the best choice, as one user who needs it is here in Chicago, and the other is currently in Dubai. How can we do this?

EDIT: Oddly enough I found this, which talks about modifying one of the OWA scripts to include the Public Contacts in the dropdown menu, but I doubt we'll be going down that road.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The more I read about this, the more it scares me. All we really want is for the email addresses/names currently in Public Contacts to be available a la Autocomplete (nicknames) in OWA - or at least available to choose from, they'll live with typing them out in full if they have to. Are there any steps to make this happen without seriously altering their GAL or AD? We're talking over 500 contacts.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Never mind, it's a non-issue. Apparently the users have been working under the delusion that Outlook is unusable outside the office.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

So I brought this up recently, but I was a bit mistaken about something. "$Company$ Contacts in Public Folders" is not usable like regular contacts in Outlook. How can we make that possible? The users would like to be able to have that list in their To: choices. This is for Exchange 2003. This time for Outlook clients, not just OWA.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Unless I'm looking in the wrong place, I don't have that but I do have "Hide from Exchange address lists" which I just unchecked. Am I on the right track?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

What that does is enable users to send an email to all 520 contacts in that list. What they need is to be able to pick and choose any of those contacts to send to as needed, just like their own contacts.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Found that setting, it was on the client when I was looking on the server. So I see it working for the user who created it, and I added permissions for another user, my question now is how to get that user's client (Outlook 2010) to have access to that address book.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Remove Outlook profile and re-create?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

mayodreams posted:

I did some poking in the domain I migrated from Exchange 2003 to O365, and I think I may have isolated what you are looking for.

I have a few mail users that do not have the mail and ProxyAddresses attributes set. Setting the Email field in the user's AD properties fills the mail attribute, but you will probably need to go into attributes and set the proxyAddress field to SMTP@user@contoso.com so that O365 knows you have a user object rather than a mail contact.

SMTP:user@contoso.com

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Are people checking the box that says to remember their login?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

User sent out company wide email with graphics in it, and several other users had Outlook crash on them. Had them delete the message via OWA/smartphone/Outlook in Safe Mode, and Outlook works normally.

Now the question is, why did it only crash some people's Outlook? On one affected user I applied a full round of Windows and Office updates, didn't help.

EDIT: KB3097877

TITTIEKISSER69 fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Nov 11, 2015

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Could they be migrated to 365?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

If the covering person has permission, have them login to their own OWA, then click on their own name (top right) and choose Open another mailbox...

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

- User who is an employee of our ChildCo needed to have an email address of our ParentCo for a project
- I made a shared mailbox with the needed address, gave her Send As permission on it, added it to her Outlook (it shows up below her ChildCo mailbox)
- Showed her how to use the From: button when sending messages, she's been doing that
- Problem: every message, whether in Inbox or Sent Items, doesn't appear in her ParentCo shared mailbox. Instead they're all in her ChildCo mailbox

I've never seen this before, but before I was used to 365 shared mailboxes. This is an on-prem Exchange 2013 server and she uses Outlook 2013.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Beefstorm posted:

I ran into this exact problem with one of my customers. The fix is to connect to powershell and do this.

Source: http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2015/03/03/want-more-control-over-sent-items-when-using-shared-mailboxes.aspx

Awesome, thanks. I'll try that this morning. I was afraid I'd have to set a bunch of rules instead.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Wait a minute, is this only for Sent Items? Because the problem is also happening to Inbox items (received mail).

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The Electronaut posted:

How is the additional mailbox configured in Outlook? Is it added under the primary mailbox as an additional mailbox under the Advanced tab of the mailbox properties or is it added under the account settings with one of the two mailboxes defined as a default delivery location?

The former.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

It only happens in Outlook. All the emails are in the right place if she logs into the mailbox in OWA. Yesterday at her request I set up an alternate Outlook profile for it, she is happy with that instead.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Not exactly an Exchange question, but maybe this is a good place to ask?

We have on-premise Exchange, and we use 365 only for Skype for Business and Office installs. S4B has been occasionally problematic with users unable to Skype with external people, not just external S4B users but Skype users in general; either unable to connect or sessions freezing/dropping. Would getting our own Skype4Biz server on premise be of any help for these issues?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

idk how big you are but probably not a good idea to get your own s4b server.

can you replicate the issues easily? could you test by creating a cloud-only account and see fi the problem happens there

Probably 600-700 employees worldwide. The issues happen randomly to random people, but as we're a recruiting firm Skype is a fairly critical app.

Good idea on the cloud-only account, I'll bring that up next meeting.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Yeah we do have external communication turned on, we just can't seem to get 100% reliability and that's a legit problem.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I just use the Outlook app.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

For now, until Apple breaks it again.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I've created a shared mailbox in our on-prem Exchange, and granted access to the required users. One of them would like to add it to their mobile phone (I'm guessing iPhone) and has asked me what the password is.

Since it's a shared mailbox, by default it doesn't have a password. Can it be added to a mobile mail app without one? I've Googled but all I've found so far has said to enter the password.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I've enabled other shared mailboxes' accounts before, but that was so another set of users could login to it via OWA to set autoreplies. Still, if that's what needs to be done, so be it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Interesting! I'll test that next time the need comes along.