Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
So after you've repaired a corrupted store with ESEUTIL /P, defraged and run ISINTEG, is there any other action that should be taken?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Thanks Ants posted:

I need a plugin for Exchange that restricts people to only sending an email to one person, except on two occasions each day where they are allowed to add two CC recipients.

Either that or some sort of credits based system so people who insist on CCing 15 people on each email can do it once before they run out.

What the gently caress?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Filthy Lucre posted:

The email account filthy.lucre@fuckedup.company resides on both the lovely POP3 server and our Exchange Server. The lovely POP3 server is our MX server of record.

When you email filthy.lucre@fuckedup.company, it is received by the lovely POP3 server.
Our Exchange server checks the filthy.lucre@fuckedup.company account via a non-AD aware POP3 connector.
My Outlook connects to our Exchange Server and I get my email.

The problem is, our current POP connector cannot deal with changes in AD passwords. So we either have to disable the password change policy (not feasible), or users have to notify IT staff every time they change their domain password so we can update the POP connector (kill me).

The easiest and best solution would be to return the Exchange server to our MX server of record. Our Exchange Server is functioning perfectly fine and there's no reason to migrate. However, the CEO of some small IT Consulting Business who is "good with computers" plays golf with our parent company's CEO and talked our CEO into buying this lovely POP3 server. Since the company spent the money on this lovely software, it's a corporate decree that we must use it so our CEO doesn't look like an idiot. Meanwhile, we as IT staff, have to keep email/calendaring running as smoothly as possible. Since the POP3 software is poo poo, that means keeping our users on Exchange and letting the Exchange server get the emails from the POP3 server.

The second best solution is to replace our current POP3 connector with one that is AD aware so we don't have to change the password policy or update the POP connector every time someone changes their password.

My god, dude. Just change the MX record to point to Exchange and file it under "nobody's gotsta know." It sounds like if the POP3 server is sitting there idle and being bypassed, there would be no change to the end user experience?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Huh any particular reason a user's contact card would show the wrong name, but the correct picture and other info? Got a user who clicks on someone's name after entering them in the TO field, but that one item is wrong for them, seems right for everyone else.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

incoherent posted:

you can also press del on the autocomplete list to remove the bad email addy.

It's not on the autocomplete though. It's after the TO has looked them up in Exchange and changed the name to a clickable link. Then the name is wrong in the Contact card that comes up. O_o.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Jeoh posted:

Outdated cached GAL?

But how would an old GAL give mismatched info instead of just outdated info? Regardless, I am going to give it a day to see if it sorts out after the next update.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
OMFG, I was sleepy and changed a user's send/receive limits to 100. KB. For some reason I assumed the field reflected MEGABYTES in the management panel. Good thing a few people got kickbacks when email this (important) user saying I CAN'T! HE CAN ONLY RECEIVE 100K!!

Much shame. Total disgrace. Details are important.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
So is there no BEST METHOD solution to getting all of the calendars a user has delegated to them to show up in iOS calendar? They purposefully broke Outlook for iOS with AirWatch, so my options are pretty drat limited.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

Only way I've seen is to literally add the account as a separate mailbox (not good)

That's what they've been doing. Nothing like having an AA knowing the AD passwords of several top executives! And now that won't even work due to AirWatch, can't just add an account the old fashioned way.

Mutar posted:

Is it even supported for the outlook app? Our O365 migration people said it wasn't possible but my team has already found so many things that they should've caught in testing/pilot that I basically assume they're making poo poo up half the time.

Yeah, pretty confident shared calendars were supported, but I might be off. I really liked the Outlook app, but now everything has to go through our Secure Email Gateway, so it's broken forever.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
OK, I can accept all of that.

Webmail it is. OWA is pretty decent, but there's still going to be a lot of wailing and teeth-gnashing. Is what it is, I guess.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Ranter posted:

Ask for budget to a. replace all iPhones with ??? or b. Gmail!

:viggo:

LOL yeah, the idea of putting our precious email in TEH CLOUD causes mass conniptions at the executive level.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Might be because no matter where your exchange server is, the Outlook app is pulling it from Microsoft where it was retrieved and stored for you.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
So even though my permissions on the Public Folder I am working with are set as follows:

When I try to either create a subfolder or drag/drop a folder in there, I get this:

Am I missing something very obvious?

edit: Never mind. Apparently dropping the item onto the folder under "All Public Folders" but not under "Favorites"

AlternateAccount fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Apr 19, 2018

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Outlook Mobile is so good, but we can't use it. They aren't too up front about it, but Microsoft pulls and caches your email internally and then pushes down to the device. That makes some people anxious.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Thanks Ants posted:

I assume you aren't using Office 365 if that is people's objection to it

We are not! For, I assume, similar reasoning.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

incoherent posted:

There are far worst threats than microsoft MITMing your email.

Well, Microsoft also has cached credentials so they can MITM the email as well, afaik. It doesn't keep me up nights, but it makes some people unreasonably anxious.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Exchange is poo poo.

Outlook is poo poo.

Gonna just spin up a dovecot/postfix server and keep everything in flat text files the way god intended and tell people to use that from now on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Bob Morales posted:

unless you’re an exec then you get whatever you want

This could be the title of a lot of threads.