Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Hey, I've just skimmed this thread but didn't see anything mentioned.

We're looking for email auditing and archiving software that can handle >1000 exchange 2010 sp1 mailboxes. Has anyone had any experience with Symantec Enterprise Vault? I was planning on continuing to use online archive feature in Exchange for users, this software just needs to record everything so it can be pulled up even if a users emails are deleted in the online archive.

Any other suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

LmaoTheKid posted:

Is there a way to block a user from sending email locally but allow them to send externally?

I'm setting up our new Xerox printers at the office today. We have a xerox@domain.com address that it's set up as. I know my users will start emailing documents like its candy to each other. Boss won't spring for any kind of archiving solution so it's a whole lot of fun.

However this feature is helpful as gently caress for sending documents externally.

Xerox tech told me this has to be done on the server, not the machine. Any ideas or am I just going to have to live with this?

You could do this with transport rules with exchange 2007 or 2010. No idea how to do it with 2003.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
I'm confused as to why you would spend >$1500 on a load balancer when you can do DAG right in Exchange?

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Ironport.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Studebaker Hawk posted:

.... McAfee's .... great ......

aaaaaahahahaha

Guess you missed the great mxlogic outage of Aug 8 2012? Mcafee is poo poo and anyone that uses them deserves what they get.

Nitr0 fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 17, 2012

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
How about actual log file metrics? Mailbox sizes dont mean poo poo really.

Use this to see if you can actually do what you're trying to do.

http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Exchange-2010-Mailbox-Server-Role-/

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Don't use a self signed certificate? The whole point behind it is so there isnt any double logins.

Sounds like you're doing it wrong.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

LmaoTheKid posted:

Everything I'm seeing on a few youtube tutorials

:rolleyes:

http://technet.microsoft.com/library/dd727938(WS.10).aspx

Stop watching youtube videos and going at things half-assed then blaming everyone else for your problems.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

LmaoTheKid posted:

Everything I'm seeing on a few youtube tutorials shows when they go to the site portal and log in, they get redirected to a proxy and then have to log in again.

Maybe they're just showing it wrong.

I guess I should pick up a wildcard cert if the boss approves.

So I actually had the chance to run through this myself today so I can give you a less snarky response. It wasn't that difficult to be honest. Took about 4 hours to setup with around 900 AD users

We ended up paying for Office365 CRM because we're not sure if they're actually going to even use it in a year and it was cheaper than buying licenses for SQL and the licensing for an on-site solution.

Follow the instructions carefully. Did you update your AD UPN's to your external domain? Did you get your users synced into Office365? Verified domain, no self signed certificates, did you setup a ADFS proxy server and put it in your domain then connect it to your ADFS server? Do you have split DNS so you can set your internal and external names to the right address?

What exactly were you having problems with?

e: follow this http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-enterprises/ff652539.aspx

Nitr0 fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jan 9, 2013

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
no

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
lmao. Why in the hell do you have 8 cores assigned to your exchange server? Do you understand how cpu's work on ESXi? You're most likely trashing the performance of your host with that in itself. I assume you have more vm's configured the same way?

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
I honestly pity your organization and I would quit if I worked there.

Have whoever manages your esxi read this http://blog.peacon.co.uk/understanding-the-vcpu/

It's a little out of date but the concepts are the same

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
"After some additional testing I found that regardless of server regional settings Exchange Management Shell always performs data check assuming US English date format (MM/DD/YYYY). You can't simply use US English format in a command as a workaround as actual cmdlet does respect system's regional settings (that's why first example exports all May 2012 emails, not 5 January 2012).

Here a couple of possible workarounds:

One way to get around this is only use days between 1 and 12 in the command.
if you can't do this, you can temporarily change server's regional settings to US English. Restart Exchange Management Shell and run command using US date format.
"

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
$test = get-mailbox -recipienttypedetails roommailbox | select-object name
Set-MailboxFolderPermission -identity "'$test':\calendar" -User default -AccessRights LimitedDetails

Nitr0 fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 27, 2014

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Only 4000 mailboxes left out of 20,000 to migrate on a 2007 -> 2013 install. Everything has been surprisingly smooth. Is that normal?

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
https://www.google.ca/search?q=The+..._sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Seriously man, like a most basic search of your error message will give you some info that you can try and report back that "I tried these methods and nothing worked". Your question is so boring generic.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

vyst posted:

Live meeting was so much better. Wasn't even close.

Lmfao look at this guy. Point and laugh.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

vyst posted:

Live meeting 2007 as a presentation tool was way better than Lyncs implementation.

So no in browser meetings, crappy plugins, low client meeting maximums and lack of mobile clients makes it a way better implementation? Oook.

Nitr0 fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 17, 2015

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb232205(v=exchg.150).aspx

But I mean honestly if you're sitting there and you don't know your anti spam and you think exchange is slow then you've got bigger problems. Where's your exchange admin?

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
What's your mailbox count per db? What resources does each box have? What version exchange are you running? Do you have a dag? What is your underlying storage?

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Honestly? Just read technet and follow the excel sizing documentation.

Don't break off roles onto different boxes unless you have a good reason for it. Size appropriately. Make sure your reverse proxy is up to snuff and break off ecp onto a separate box so it's not exposed to the Internet.

I did a 20,000 mailbox migration and 2000 public folders from exchange 2007 to 2013 and it went fairly smoothly other than a few bug gotchas on a specific CU. You'll be fine as long as you follow the recommendations.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

incoherent posted:

Pop the bottles, exchange 2013 SP2 was released.

Eh?

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Methanar posted:

Check permissions and see if there is an rbac rule for it. I'm not near exchange right now so I can't check it myself.

We created separate CAS servers and then made DNS for ecp.domain.com only hit those internal CAS servers and disabled it on the public facing ones. Works great.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
It really sounds like you don't have your authentication methods setup correctly. I went through the same thing when migrated 15k mailboxes from 07 to 13 except I fixed it before deployment.

Read dis

http://blog.gothamtg.com/2013/10/15/users-constantly-prompted-for-credentials-after-being-migrated-to-exchange-2013/

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
You don't use Exchange 2010 autodiscover if you have a 2013 server in play.

http://exchangeserverpro.com/exchange-server-2010-2013-migration-reviewing-autodiscover-configuration/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
I get this for some emails and not others. What the gently caress Apple, ms, get your poo poo together I don't want the outlook app