Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drighton
Nov 30, 2005

Is this our general Exchange question thread, because my google-fu has failed me on the current problem.

edit: Rebooted the offsite DC, no more problems. :doh: It never fails, as soon as I post here I find the solution. Maybe I should start posting my problems before I start googling.

Drighton fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Nov 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drighton
Nov 30, 2005

Of the four exchange servers, two (in the same site) were running ridiculously slow. 5-10 minutes to load or perform any task, even refreshing. None of the google results except one were even related, and that one result was due to the guy creating 2GB Exchange servers.

Drighton
Nov 30, 2005

We have four Exchange 2010 servers in a DAG, and I'm trying to create a lab using a clone of one DAG member. I've been able to get this going with two DAG members in the past, but I'm trying to avoid wasting that much space this time around and the lab scenarios I want to run don't require redundancy.

I'm at a point now where the cluster in the lab will not start unless forced (no quorum) and the information store service won't start. I imagine there would be some disaster recovery articles that detail how to bring your exchange environment back online when the remaining DAG members are gone, but I haven't found any yet.

Anybody ever done this before? Or did I pick the difficult path and there is perhaps an easier way to bring a copy of our production mailboxes into a lab?

Edit:
Found the answer. It was a newly created lab (new clones of the DC and Exchange) and a new subnet. That subnet had't been added to AD Sites and Services. The Information Store and other halted Exchange services came up like a charm after that.

Drighton fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 4, 2012

Drighton
Nov 30, 2005

Once again I'm out of ideas and need help. We have four 2010 SP2 RU4 servers in two locations All the hardware and configurations were tested at the same location, including the routers, and the databases remained at 0/0 for both copy and replay queues. But now that the none of the databases in our DR site can keep up with log generation at the main site, except at night. Thing is, when we've had failovers and the logs are flowing the other direction, everything is fine and working normally. This last part proves to me the configuration on all four servers is good.

Now add to all this the information I've read online, and things appear to be pointing to bandwidth at our DR site. Looking at the utilization charts at that site doesn't seem to support this, however. I'm not quite ready to give up on bandwidth as the culprit. So I'd like to know if anyone has any other suggestions? Are we perhaps dismissing the hardware and configuration prematurely?

Drighton
Nov 30, 2005

Sorry, it's a habit to be vague when talking about work on the Internet. We have a 50M connection at both sites, averaging 45ms between them. Network compression is set to Inter-Subnet. We have 7 databases with about 80 mailboxes each. Average mailbox size is 500MB.

I haven't run replication reports since all the new databases were added (we had 3), so this was a nice reminder to do that.

Drighton fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Nov 6, 2012

Drighton
Nov 30, 2005

Every time, every freaking time. I post about a problem and it gets fixed. Turns out our ISP had an incorrect setting. We're seeing increased bandwidth and all database copies are at 0 or close to it during peak hours.

Drighton
Nov 30, 2005

After a nearly two week outage that I don't want to go into, we've migrated over all our mailboxes into a new Exchange 2010 environment. Thinking we could finally rest, the next day we start getting complaints that emails are arriving in mailboxes 12 hours ahead, which most people don't notice until they see "tomorrow" in outlook. It isnt happening with everybody, and it comes and goes. We've confirmed that the affected users have the right time and time zone locally. I found one exchange server that was set to PM rather than AM, but even afterward we continued to see the problem. The emails with incorrect dates are even affected on OWA. The header information though shows the correct date and time.

We're not sure what's causing this and haven't found very many articles or posts through google. Anyone seen this before?

Edit: (Server 2008 Ent R2 SP1, fully updated, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU 5v2, 2x CAS, 2x Hub, 8x Mbx)

Drighton fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Feb 22, 2013

Drighton
Nov 30, 2005

Mierdaan posted:

What does it show if you check an affected user's timezone settings in OWA, under Regional?

Timezone is correct in OWA also.

Drighton
Nov 30, 2005

Mierdaan posted:

What role server had its AM/PM set wrong? Did you restart the Exchange services on it after correcting it?

One if the CAS, and no, that sounds like a good idea.

Drighton
Nov 30, 2005

We're considering enabling message moderation for some of our distribution groups. Initially it wasn't working, so I set up a test group and have gone through the first two pages of Google results.

The approval request comes through but, whether approved or rejected, no notification is sent back to the sender and the email is not sent out to the group if approved. The email is still showing as pending in the Delivery Report for all test messages.

The two solutions I'm finding are to make sure the system mailboxes are enabled, which they are, and to try setting an expansion server for the DG, which didn't fix the problem.

Anyone know what's happening here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drighton
Nov 30, 2005

Gyshall posted:

What version of Exchange are you on?

2010 SP3, no 2003 or 2007 servers in the mix. We did migrate from 2003 but that was years ago.