Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer
I've got an Exchange 2013 on-prem deployment and I've been working more and more with RBAC. I've created a new role based on MailRecipients with permissions to run the Get-Mailbox command, but it can't use the -Database flag to get a mailbox on a particular. How do I add particular flags to a command a role is assigned? Sorry for the dumb question, I'm a bit of an Exchange baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer

Will Styles posted:

RBAC roles can only inherit permissions that the parent role already has. Looking at the parameters available to Mail recipients shows that the -Database parameter is not available. You can use the below to see what parameters are available for Get-Mailbox, but you can create another role that's a child of "View-Only Recipients" which should have the Database parameter for Get-Mailbox.

In general, you can see the commands available to a role by using an asterisk, and then see the parameters available to each command by looking at the specific management role entry. You can then add or set the parameters available to that management role entry by using Set-ManagementRoleEntry commandlet.
Thank you! My Google skills were failing me on this one.