Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
'Tis Time for 'Torture,' Princess.
In his nightmare kingdom, the Hell Lord dwells with his devilish brood. Today, they bake.

Ain't nothing more badass than being a supportive dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

True parenting does definitely mean speaking to your kids like they are in an anime.

Like letting them beat you at arm wrestling. Just so the next time you take them on you can tell them you were holding back the entire time*

*= Only to let them win again, of course.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Empyre: X-Men #4

Explodey-Boy meets his resurrected form:

Bro Dad fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 2, 2020

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Is Explodey-boy meant to be the 616 version of the main character of Worst X-Men Ever?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Edit: Oh sorry, I didn't realize that was the name of an actual series.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Oct 5, 2020

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

A cute little Superman/Batman fan comic by Chan Chau:

"Clark Kent, a cartoonist for the Daily Planet, visits his number one fan, Bruce Wayne, at his home for breakfast."

(What is going on with Clark's hair)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Anime is whats going on with his hair.
And it is good.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Somehow I dont think Batman is the best person to be saying this capes/life balance advice.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
This is a universe where Batman's love of relatable cat pictures has helped him overcome his neuroses.

The only downside is Bruce adopted a cat named Robin instead of Dick Grayson.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

This Batman also reads Superman's cartoons while pooping.

That's one hilarious way around that mad "Batman never sits" edict which was in DC for a while.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Question IRL posted:

That's one hilarious way around that mad "Batman never sits" edict which was in DC for a while.

He spent several months in a chair as part of an event comic.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Skwirl posted:

He spent several months in a chair as part of an event comic.

They mean while in costume

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

drrockso20 posted:

So did I.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

drrockso20 posted:

*Frank Miller voice*
Bruce Wayne is the costume.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Skwirl posted:

So did I.

Fun fact: There's a panel of Batman decking some mook while sitting in this chair.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yvonmukluk posted:

Is Explodey-boy meant to be the 616 version of the main character of Worst X-Men Ever?

I don't think they every actually say his real name but yeah he is.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

The Question IRL posted:

Doesn't Batman sit in front of his big bat cave bat screen while Alfred brings him some bat coffee at least once per comic/series? Or did he upgrade to a bat standing desk.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

MasterBuilder posted:

Doesn't Batman sit in front of his big bat cave bat screen while Alfred brings him some bat coffee at least once per comic/series? Or did he upgrade to a bat standing desk.

That's brooding. There's a difference.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Today marks Calvin and Hobbes 35th anniversary! Post your favorite touching/inspiring ones.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Senior Woodchuck posted:

From Marvel Comics 1000, now excuse me I have to go dissolve into a puddle of feelings:

That's a very nice way to honor The Thing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Vincent posted:

That's a very nice way to honor The Thing.

He is the idol o' millions, after all

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Better than 'Aunt Petunia'

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Yancy Street!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

Today marks Calvin and Hobbes 35th anniversary! Post your favorite touching/inspiring ones.

I'm sad I missed this a month ago, but winter time in Calvin and Hobbes was always my favorite since I never grew up around snow. All the creative ways Calvin could mold snow and make these bonkers rear end snowscapes and scenarios were the best. :allears:

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

My Hero Academia

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Frieren at the Funeral: Grandfather

Frieren has taken the party to see an old friend from her hero days.

She intends to wait with him until he dies, but the more short-lived members of the party object.

The villagers appreciate him, but don't really know how to talk to him.

When Frieren walked with heroes, they asked him.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
A Maiden in Love With a Maiden Boy

The two characters in the first page are boys who work at a "crossdressing café" (a café which has, as a selling point, the fact that the staff is made up of crossdressing men); the one with black hair is Kei. They are handing out tissues to promote the café (it's a thing they do in Japan, kinda like handing out flyers).

The short-haired woman is Aiko, the school nurse at Kei's school and Kei's aunt; she's really good friends (and former classmates) with Ms Shimada, Kei's teacher, and in an earlier page Aiko had mentioned to Kei that he and Ms Shimada had met lots of times when Kei was a kid, and Ms Shimada confirmed it. Kei, however, is puzzled: he can't remember anyone like Ms Shimada being friends with Aiko, and he absolutely can't remember meeting Ms Shimada when he was young.

(Read right to left.)

Mikl fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jan 22, 2021

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

That's cute and touching, but you'd think of all people, a gay person would be more understanding and accommodating about someone's desire to not be outed.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Batman: Black and White #2: A cathedral is on fire and the building collapsed with a priest left inside, and Batman has finally reached him.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh so we're just going to cry to comics today, is that it?

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
I absolutely understand the sentiment but the fire .... smoke ..... lack of O2 ...... temperature... maybe could we speed it up padre.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Bruce taking off his cowl in a moment of grief, vulnerability, and self loathing. I feel like I don't see that too often.

It's a powerful image.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Kind of reminds me of the one really good bit in Batman & Robin (the movie), where Clooney sits beside a dying Alfred blaming himself for the old man dying of the same disease that killed Nora Fries.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

ROYAL RAINBOW!

Wow, Bruce can't even comfort a dying old man, has to make it about himself like always. Guess when your dad is the butler, you don't learn good listening skills.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Strange Cares posted:

Wow, Bruce can't even comfort a dying old man, has to make it about himself like always. Guess when your dad is the butler, you don't learn good listening skills.

Look, I don't know if you know this but Bruce is kind of a drama queen.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

ROYAL RAINBOW!

McCloud posted:

Look, I don't know if you know this but Bruce is kind of a drama queen.

Exactly. Bruce is the theatre kid at the party who sees someone having a breakdown and uses it to talk about his issues with stage fright.

Strange Cares fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jan 31, 2021

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Strange Cares posted:

To be fair at least he isn't being so toxically male which is basically all the other versions of Batman right now.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Saoshyant posted:

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Hitman #49. Ennis chose to minimize the extent to which the plot depended on Tommy's superpowers (telepathy and X-ray vision), but every so often they were relevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Parahexavoctal posted:

Hitman #49. Ennis chose to minimize the extent to which the plot depended on Tommy's superpowers (telepathy and X-ray vision), but every so often they were relevant.

Tommy's hair in the first panel is interesting. He always has a few loose strands in his fringe, generally curling to the right as we see it. In that panel, though, he's been given Superman's cowlick which curls the other way.