Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Lurdiak posted:

It's really difficult for me to enjoy that admittedly well written touching moment of glimpsing Vader's humanity when it flashes back to the setting of the movie that destroyed everything cool about his character.

Personally, I think it speaks more to the dedication and talent of the writer that he was able to wring out a great moment out of a series of bad plot decisions without necessarily invalidating them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
^^^^
I think you are thinking of The Dark Knight, not the very first Batman movie.

That death is stupid and so is this derail. Here is something from the last issue of Planetary, which could also be posted here in its entirety. Pardon the tags though.

The entire last issue deals with what really happened to Ambrose, the Planetary agent with reality altering abilities who was seemingly killed in a flashback that transpired a year or two before the series. Using the newfound tech they gained from the prior issue, the team discovers that he actually locked himself in a stopped time bubble to keep himself from bleeding out.

The Drummer postulates that constructing a time machine around the area Ambrose made the time bubble in would cause it to 'burst', freeing him. However, this is not entirely a good thing...

http://imgur.com/FfnWSwx
http://imgur.com/TgkAJP4

Some time later, the Drummer tries to talk Elijah out of it one more time.

http://imgur.com/iJ0bHgI

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah... you could make an argument for 'badass', certainly, but a page of Crystal crying and then Sue scowling at creepy Black Bolt isn't exactly giving me a warm fuzzy feeling.

I think 'touching' in this case means 'emotional'. Just not the warm fuzzy kind.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
ehh forget it the thread is kind of derailed enough as is and I have nothing to post.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jul 9, 2014

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Seriously, this scene loses a lot without context. The fact that it is still pretty awesome speaks to Darwyn Cooke's skill.

Also, read New Frontier you jerks.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Jedit posted:

The powers of Superman are no match for American racism?

No match to fire at least.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I have a question about Smallville and Welling, but I am going to take it over to the monthly chat thread so to not derail this one any more than it is already.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

I am the guy in the background getting inked in the second photo, suddenly feeling better about his life choices.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Uh MY Spider-Man would not give away his mask without freaking out for at least 2 pages minimum about revealing his secret identity and FUTHERMORE

Seriously this is real adorable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
EDIT: Eh, others have said it better than me

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Apr 22, 2020