Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I sometimes wonder if the mountains of poo poo that get heaped on Flash isn't writers symbolically getting back at their own high school bullies. I hope not.

Most people in Parker's life get mountains of poo poo heaped on them. He's dating Betty Brant, who's had both her brother and husband murdered, the latter of which was brainwashed and alleged to be a psychopathic supervillain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The science fair picture is great. A gag wrapped up in a reference to his webbing. Also never noticed this before, but in the graduation picture with Aunt May, is that Warren in the background staring at Peter?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I wonder if that creepy looking Moe Szyslak/Alfalfa dude behind Aunt May on the beach is MJ's uncle. Good god. We know what her dad looks like, and man, he must have taken all the good genes.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Out of context Peter sounds like the biggest rear end in a top hat but he really is reacting to how MJ had portrayed herself up to that point. For her to be like "No, I have real feelings and I'm going to help you through this" was a true defining moment.

And it's not like the door is open the entire time. She hears what he says, is very hurt by it, opens the door because she is about to leave, but then pauses and decides to stay.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"But then... why should they need us at all?"
"Hodor."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Superstring posted:

Any Earth that had a Superman on it shouldn't have anyone dying of hunger.

We shouldn't have anyone dying of hunger anyway, with or without Superman. We could feed the whole world if we wanted to.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That comic is old enough that they would have said it was an asbestos wig. Asbestos back then was used like yellow against Green Lantern. Like asbestos webbing! Spray it into people's faces Spidey, yeah!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

AnonSpore posted:

drat, the art has gotten a lot better since the days of crying Sloth-Batman.

SlothBear posted:

Link please.

Really dropping the ball there, SlothBear.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ImpAtom posted:

I think at the time Wally West was literally rich but I may be misremembering.

Easy to be rich if you're allowed to empty entire stores of their merchandise without paying.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"They're almost as funny as your commitment to the IDEALS OF AMERICA!"

Never change, Cap.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Infinitum posted:

On the topic of cancer, gonna post a good comic on the subject where everything is handled well.

Don't know the issue. (Posted on Imgur back in 2014, which is why I'm posting it in full)

Just deals with a whole range of issues really well and it's the kind of Mister Fantastic that I like to see.
(That or The Maker)

The first set of panels I assume is from the Marvel Knights Fantastic Four series by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and Steve McNiven. Don't know the rest.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ferrule posted:

I'm tired of Doom.

Gimme an FF movie with Mole Man.

No thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

To make it really sting I think WW would have to find the girl hanged and the Lasso of Truth is the noose.