Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
I dropped my Fuji x100s from height onto carpet. now the camera powers up (screen is backlit) but the UI does not appear, shutter does not release, and when I turn it off the screen stays lit unless I take the battery out

i fucken love this camera so much and im gonna take it to a repair man but if you had to guess, how hosed is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
drat. Sorry to hear that. I don’t know about your camera but I once had a lens that Nikon wanted $500 to repair while an excellent used copy was only $600. You might run into a similar toss up.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Crossposting from the general gear thread: I’m interested in getting a fuji 23mm, probably want a 1.4, if I don’t especially care about weather resistance is the new one otherwise worth looking at?

rolleyes
Nov 16, 2006

Sometimes you have to roll the hard... two?

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Crossposting from the general gear thread: I’m interested in getting a fuji 23mm, probably want a 1.4, if I don’t especially care about weather resistance is the new one otherwise worth looking at?

If you don't care for weather resistance why not get the old 1.4 now everyone's selling them off (relatively) cheap?

There's plenty of good quality examples on eBay and used gear stores.

SimpleCoax
Aug 7, 2003

TV is the thing this year.
Hair Elf

rolleyes posted:

If you don't care for weather resistance why not get the old 1.4 now everyone's selling them off (relatively) cheap?

There's plenty of good quality examples on eBay and used gear stores.

I just bought the new one today. There are plenty of old ones at B&H, etc. I plan to sell mine cheap locally if possible. Love the look of the old one. New one doesn’t have much character.

Jadeilyn
Nov 21, 2004

I am getting back into photography after a few years of barely shooting. I currently have the following Canon gear:

Canon EOS 40D
Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM lens
Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS lens
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM lens
Yongnuo YN 560 III flash

The 40D has been a great camera, but I find the old LCD and low light performance (it maxes out on 1600 ISO) are becoming more frequent hindrances. I have taken plenty of shots where I thought I nailed the focus, checked the LCD and zoomed in, and then noticed I missed it when I got home and looked at photos off camera. I want to switch to Fuji-X and go mirrorless. The idea of high quality EVF and focus peaking, along with a lighter system that (hopefully) seems committed to specific mount is really appealing. I also like the idea of shooting jpg/raw (the dual SD system being able to write each format to a separate card sounds amazing) and using their film filters. I used to love detailed post processing work, and now it often just feels like a chore. I have a backlog I've been going through again, so being able to more or less use what I got out of camera with a RAW backup for something more complicated is very attractive.

This is what I am considering to start:

Fujifilm X-T4
XF 16-80mm f/4 R OIS WR
Lexar 64GB Professional 1667x UHS-II SDXC Memory Card (2-Pack)
Fringer EF-FX Pro II Lens Mount Adapter for EF or EF-S-Mount Lens to Fujifilm X-Mount Camera

I'm looking at getting the kit for the camera and lens. I don't have a problem with buying used, but the price on the lens is so discounted that it's still cheaper than trying to buy both used. I really do love my 8-16mm wide angle (does anyone know why Sigma stopped making it?). I want to get the adapter with aperture ring so I can use it and my 100mm macro. The adapter compatibility list says both are supported. I know that it won't be quite the same as using them on my old camera. I'd like to get the XF 70-300mm, but it's currently out of stock and I don't see any on sites like KEH/MBP.

I've never owned a kit lens in the 18-55 range, so I want to see what kinds of focal lengths I settle on before getting a prime like the 23mm f/2 or 27mm f/2.

I mostly shoot landscapes, some wildlife and people, pretty normal stuff.

Any glaring omissions or problems?

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

I have an X-T4 and the Tamron 18-300 has been the only lens I think I will ever need for it. It covers all the bases for me, and sounds like it might for you unless you like wide lenses.

But I’m primarily a film shooter so, my opinion on the matter should probably be weighted on that.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Jadeilyn posted:

I am getting back into photography after a few years of barely shooting. I currently have the following Canon gear:

Canon EOS 40D
Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM lens
Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS lens
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM lens
Yongnuo YN 560 III flash

The 40D has been a great camera, but I find the old LCD and low light performance (it maxes out on 1600 ISO) are becoming more frequent hindrances. I have taken plenty of shots where I thought I nailed the focus, checked the LCD and zoomed in, and then noticed I missed it when I got home and looked at photos off camera. I want to switch to Fuji-X and go mirrorless. The idea of high quality EVF and focus peaking, along with a lighter system that (hopefully) seems committed to specific mount is really appealing. I also like the idea of shooting jpg/raw (the dual SD system being able to write each format to a separate card sounds amazing) and using their film filters. I used to love detailed post processing work, and now it often just feels like a chore. I have a backlog I've been going through again, so being able to more or less use what I got out of camera with a RAW backup for something more complicated is very attractive.

This is what I am considering to start:

Fujifilm X-T4
XF 16-80mm f/4 R OIS WR
Lexar 64GB Professional 1667x UHS-II SDXC Memory Card (2-Pack)
Fringer EF-FX Pro II Lens Mount Adapter for EF or EF-S-Mount Lens to Fujifilm X-Mount Camera

I'm looking at getting the kit for the camera and lens. I don't have a problem with buying used, but the price on the lens is so discounted that it's still cheaper than trying to buy both used. I really do love my 8-16mm wide angle (does anyone know why Sigma stopped making it?). I want to get the adapter with aperture ring so I can use it and my 100mm macro. The adapter compatibility list says both are supported. I know that it won't be quite the same as using them on my old camera. I'd like to get the XF 70-300mm, but it's currently out of stock and I don't see any on sites like KEH/MBP.

I've never owned a kit lens in the 18-55 range, so I want to see what kinds of focal lengths I settle on before getting a prime like the 23mm f/2 or 27mm f/2.

I mostly shoot landscapes, some wildlife and people, pretty normal stuff.

Any glaring omissions or problems?

Have you considered the Canon R series? Seems like a better fit for your existing lenses.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
If they want great preprocessed jpegs and a lighter system then I think fuji probably is the right choice.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Mega Comrade posted:

If they want great preprocessed jpegs and a lighter system then I think fuji probably is the right choice.

The RP weighs less, and the R weighs 2 ounces more. The Canon lenses are going to adapt better to the R series than to the Fuji system.

The jpegs from the Fuji are pretty nice if you're going to use them straight from camera, true.

Edit: Wow. The fringer adapter is heavy. It puts the XT 4 above the R in weight, too.

torgeaux fucked around with this message at 11:26 on May 19, 2022

rolleyes
Nov 16, 2006

Sometimes you have to roll the hard... two?
I own the 16-80mm and it's really nice for what it does - it's still my default walkabout lens. Depending on what you like to shoot then sooner or later you'll likely find f/4 is limiting, but it's nice that it's constant through the zoom range and the much improved Fuji ISO performance over your current Canon will compensate to a degree.

With you planning to primarily rely on in-camera JPEGs you might be reassured to know that Fuji's in-camera noise reduction and lens distortion correction is basically witchcraft. I've yet to find a raw processor (lightroom/capture one/iridient) that can match it, particularly the distortion correction.

It's also worth you knowing that you can do basic raw edits in-camera including applying different film sims to save out as JPEG copies, so that's another reason to shoot both JPEG and raw.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

The body can weigh less but FF lenses are always going to be bigger and heavier than APS-C comparative ones.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Mega Comrade posted:

The body can weigh less but FF lenses are always going to be bigger and heavier than APS-C comparative ones.

Sure. But, he's adapting FF lenses, so that's not that big of a deal. Gonna be interesting with the new R7 APS-C and what lenses Canon puts out.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

torgeaux posted:

Sure. But, he's adapting FF lenses, so that's not that big of a deal. Gonna be interesting with the new R7 APS-C and what lenses Canon puts out.

They are but id assume its a stop gap to eventually replacing those lenses.

And honestly don't believe Nikon or Canon are all that interested in APS-C. They are making products for it but it seems half arsed compared to what they are doing with their FF and at best its a way to get people to first migrate to a mirrorless APS-C then pull them up to FF, which is a good idea, its what is making be hope for a Z70. But If i wanted a mirrorless APS-C system with no desire to go FF then I think Fuji has everyone beat right now.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Mega Comrade posted:

They are but id assume its a stop gap to eventually replacing those lenses.

And honestly don't believe Nikon or Canon are all that interested in APS-C. They are making products for it but it seems half arsed compared to what they are doing with their FF and at best its a way to get people to first migrate to a mirrorless APS-C then pull them up to FF, which is a good idea, its what is making be hope for a Z70. But If i wanted a mirrorless APS-C system with no desire to go FF then I think Fuji has everyone beat right now.

Fuji is a great company, too. The firmware updates actually matter, upgrade and add features, too. I'm still bitter they abandoned a true XH2 and turned it into a video centric camera. The XT-4 is closer to the XH2 I was wanting.

Kryostic
Mar 25, 2016

I'm personally wary of Lexar due to some reviews stating their photos and videos got corrupted so I went with Progrades 128GB v90s instead. If you're just shooting photos you'll most likely be able to get away with 64GB.

I've had my hands on a 16-80mm before and it was great and as others have stated the f/4 is really the only downside.

Yes - definitely get your hands on a 70-300mm if/when they come back in stock. It's a terrific lens for the price. The Tamron 18-300mm would be a good alternative.

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer

torgeaux posted:

The lens the op was most interested in adapting is APS-C?

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Kryostic posted:

Yes - definitely get your hands on a 70-300mm if/when they come back in stock. It's a terrific lens for the price.

Seconding this - I was able to get one after 6 weeks or so of waiting, and yeah it was worth the wait for sure. I had put an order in at Adorama but in the end I got it through Best Buy so be sure to set up stock alerts at any reputable store that will stock it. Between the 16-55 and the 70-300 I feel like I've got a perfect range of focal lengths for just about everything I could want to capture (and you'd have even more complete coverage with the 16-80).

And if the OIS in the 70-300 on my X-T2 is any indication, pairing OIS with IBIS on the X-T4 will make for very friendly shooting

Kryostic
Mar 25, 2016

Cognac McCarthy posted:

And if the OIS in the 70-300 on my X-T2 is any indication, pairing OIS with IBIS on the X-T4 will make for very friendly shooting

OIS+IBIS in my X-T4 w/ 70-300 has been wonderful :v

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

powderific posted:

The lens the op was most interested in adapting is APS-C?

How do you get that? He lists two he specifically wants to use, one of which is the 100mm macro, not APS-C, and presumably he wants to use to some degree all his existing lenses.

There are reasons to go Fuji over Canon R. Body weight/lens weight isn't a huge difference if he's gonna rely on adapted FF lenses.

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The other lens they want to adapt, the 8-16, is APS-C. And seemed like the OP particularly liked that one.

Jadeilyn
Nov 21, 2004

torgeaux posted:

First of all, she. :)

I have 3 EF/FF lenses and 2 EF-S/APS-C lenses. Of those, I care most about adapting the 8-16mm, which is APS-C. It's also a wide angle, so things like autofocus speed shouldn't matter as much. Fuji does have a couple of wide angle zooms, but the equivalent 8-16mm is very expensive, much more than if I get the adapter. The adapter might present more of a problem for the 100mm macro, but I would see. I've read that the Fuji macro options are decent but not great, that the 80mm is expensive for what it is, and that the 60mm isn't true macro.

I would be okay selling my other existing lenses. The 28-135mm is a fine lens, but I never loved it. The 55-250mm is the older pre-STM version and I would replace it with the 70-300mm Fuji, which is both sharper and has a bit more reach. The 50mm is also a fine lens, but I find it to be a little long and would replace it with shorter fast prime.

I have looked at the R series, but it seems like the bodies are considerably more expensive, with few used bodies available yet. Also, it seems like EF-S for sure and probably EF are going to be phased out, and I'd need an adapter anyway. I don't see myself needing FF. That doesn't mean it couldn't make sense, but I only occasionally print photos and when I do it's for myself. I've shot a couple of weddings/portrait sessions for friends, but I won't ever become a professional photographer.

I have liked Canon and my current camera is great, just old (it was released in 2007!). I do wonder if I'm just feeling a case of grass is greener, or if I'm right that I would appreciate the focus on the shooting experience over the processing experience.

trashy owl posted:

I have an X-T4 and the Tamron 18-300 has been the only lens I think I will ever need for it. It covers all the bases for me, and sounds like it might for you unless you like wide lenses.

But I’m primarily a film shooter so, my opinion on the matter should probably be weighted on that.

I hadn't read about the Tamron 18-300. I've always been wary of that kind of super zoom, but I'll have to check it out.

Mega Comrade posted:

I can process RAWs, I just honestly got tired of having to do things like tweak white balance for most shots, and it sounds like one of the strengths of Fuji is being able to get strong photos in camera. My photo backlog ended up intimidating me for a while because of the post processing time. I know I'll still need to load them up and do things like cropping, but I've grown to like shooting more than spending time in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Kryostic posted:

I'm personally wary of Lexar due to some reviews stating their photos and videos got corrupted so I went with Progrades 128GB v90s instead. If you're just shooting photos you'll most likely be able to get away with 64GB.

I've had my hands on a 16-80mm before and it was great and as others have stated the f/4 is really the only downside.

Yes - definitely get your hands on a 70-300mm if/when they come back in stock. It's a terrific lens for the price. The Tamron 18-300mm would be a good alternative.

Thanks for this. The frustrating thing about reading any reviews of any SD card brand is there are always duds. I can swap it out with a different brand. I do like the idea of having two cards to take advantage of the different camera modes like writing jpg to one and raw to the other, or a RAID array style parallel backup to both.

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Seconding this - I was able to get one after 6 weeks or so of waiting, and yeah it was worth the wait for sure. I had put an order in at Adorama but in the end I got it through Best Buy so be sure to set up stock alerts at any reputable store that will stock it. Between the 16-55 and the 70-300 I feel like I've got a perfect range of focal lengths for just about everything I could want to capture (and you'd have even more complete coverage with the 16-80).

I live in the boring middle of California and I haven't seen much Fuji sold here locally, but I'll keep an eye out on other places besides B&H/Adorama.

rolleyes posted:

I own the 16-80mm and it's really nice for what it does - it's still my default walkabout lens. Depending on what you like to shoot then sooner or later you'll likely find f/4 is limiting, but it's nice that it's constant through the zoom range and the much improved Fuji ISO performance over your current Canon will compensate to a degree.

With you planning to primarily rely on in-camera JPEGs you might be reassured to know that Fuji's in-camera noise reduction and lens distortion correction is basically witchcraft. I've yet to find a raw processor (lightroom/capture one/iridient) that can match it, particularly the distortion correction.

It's also worth you knowing that you can do basic raw edits in-camera including applying different film sims to save out as JPEG copies, so that's another reason to shoot both JPEG and raw.

Yeah, I've been looking at the 16-80 and the 18-55. Both seem like good lenses, with different advantages. I've been trying to figure out if the increased wide end and weather sealing outweigh the speed and decreased weight of the 18-55. Both lenses seem very good so it's not too big of a deal. There are a lot more used 18-55s available, and if I were to consider that lens instead, buying the body and lens used would save a little money.

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer
FWIW I think all your reasoning is sound on the switch to Fuji. If the FF lenses you had were more special maybe it’d make sense to try and stick there, but like you said none of them are all that exciting and you’d be well served to move on if you’re going mirrorless.

I’d lean toward the cheaper/lighter 18-55 myself — it’s a really nice lens for the price. You’ll already have the wider end covered with the Sigma, and eventually the long end once you find the tele.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
The 18-55 Fuji kit lens is unreal for a kit lens. Metal build, OIS, f/2.8-4.0 aperture, only thing it lacks is weather-sealing...

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Lily Catts posted:

The 18-55 Fuji kit lens is unreal for a kit lens. Metal build, OIS, f/2.8-4.0 aperture, only thing it lacks is weather-sealing...

It’s not really a kit lens, there is a cheaper power zoom that has that role, but it’s been sold with many bodies so is slightly underrated and available cheap used. I’d recommend anyone with a Fuji X camera to have one, they’re compact but really good.

SuicidalSmurf
Feb 12, 2002

harperdc posted:

It’s not really a kit lens, there is a cheaper power zoom that has that role, but it’s been sold with many bodies so is slightly underrated and available cheap used. I’d recommend anyone with a Fuji X camera to have one, they’re compact but really good.

That lens is what is on my camera more often than not, and the image quality never fails to impress.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
spose I might as well ask this here as well as everywhere else.

I have an canon eos R and use the EF adapter because I have no native lenses.

anyway, I mostly use a 135 and was thinking about getting a zoom in the 24-70 kinda range. I am initially looking at Sigma and Canon versions of this length in the EF mount..

Is there anything anyone can recommend I look at in a native eos r mount (I can't remember name of it right now)?

Personally don't care if it's native or not, but thought I'd ask.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Are there any non-native lenses available in RF mount yet? I didn’t think there were.

If you’re married to a 135mm prime it sounds like maybe you do a lot of portraits? If so, why not splurge on the RF 28-70/2?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

There are. Just not from Tamron or Sigma yet.
Samyang, rokinon and a few of the smaller 3rd party lens makers have a bunch. Mostly manual focus primes though.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I'm a regular mobile photo-taking shmuck who just bought second-hand Sony a6600 and Sigma 56mm f/1.4, and I am completely blown away by the pictures. I plan to grab Tamron 17-70 mm f/2.8 to complement it though having fixed focal length is a nice learning experience.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SMERSH Mouth posted:

Are there any non-native lenses available in RF mount yet? I didn’t think there were.

If you’re married to a 135mm prime it sounds like maybe you do a lot of portraits? If so, why not splurge on the RF 28-70/2?

I use the EF adapter for the 135mm and have no issue doing so for a future lens..

but drat that RF .. is over 5 grand new zealand dollars. would really have to be making some (good) money from this to justify that.

I don't think I can solve this without spending a LOT lol. maybe I'll just hire something if I need something

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

As travel opens up again, I am thinking of a fast normal prime to go with my Sony 24-105 f/4. Anyone have any firsthand experience with Samyang's Sony full frame offerings? The 35/45 1.8s look to be the ticket, but the 50 1.4 seems like almost a no brainer for about a hundred bucks more.

I imagine I'd be using these wide open mostly, to account for low light, so I guess optical performance wide open would be somewhat important. I'm also not a pixel peeper though, so I'm not really sure I'd be able to tell bad optics from "acceptable" unless it's like.. REALLY bad.

I've been using my 24-104 wide open with good results, but f/4 has its limits even with the excellent low light competency of my A7iii. Augmenting it with an f/4 to give me a a little more shutter speed to keep the blurs at bay would be awesome. In the back of my mind I also want a nice FAST portrait prime because I've missed a ton of good low light shots at ~85 f/4, but in reality I think it would be a hassle to walk around with a portrait prime and hope it's the right fit, vs a 35 or 50 which will almost always frame whatever you come across with a little creative thinking. Probably in order of what I should look at is either a fast normal, fast wide, then fast portrait. OR just replace the 24-105 with a 24-70 2.8 but that is P R I C E Y.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 12:46 on May 26, 2022

Cosmic Web
Jan 11, 2005

"Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you!"
Fun Shoe
Dropping in with some older/used camera talk.
I just got a Panasonic GM5 (MFT's smallest interchangeable lens camera with a viewfinder; released in 2014).
No box or manuals, but it's in mint-condition with only 290 mechanical shutter actuations and included a Panasonic 14.5mm F2.5 pancake lens with a B+W filter, the battery, charger, and an SD card.
All that for 110 EUR shipped. The body alone usually goes for 3-4x times as much. Must have gotten lucky because the seller's listing had a typo.

The card still has files from the previous owner's uncle (plus a shot the seller took the day he listed the cam online).
Dating from between 2014 to 2018, they include test shots for filters, a (mild) car crash, front row videos of a Johnny Cash tribute band, restaurant visits, and a trip to Paris.
Felt like a peeping Tom going through these, but it was a pretty interesting window into an elderly (and by now probably deceased) person's life.

Anyways, compared to my other small bodies (X-T20, E-M10 II), it's incredible just how tiny and lightweight this thing is.
Kind of the perfect ''throw it into your backpack''-cam.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Fuji finally announced the X-H2, sort of. Going to be two versions, the X-H2s that has 26MP and can shoot 6k30/4k120/FHD240, and the XH2 that we don’t know the full specs of but apparently has a 40mp sensor. Significantly improved AF and IBIS, focused on video use, CFexpress slot in addition to an SDXC slot, onboard headphone jack in addition to the mic jack, prores raw or BMD raw out over the hdmi port, and Fuji is even selling an external cooling unit to keep temps low, as well as apparently a $999 (!) deluxe vertical grip that has an Ethernet jack in it. Cost is about $2500 USD.

Babysitter Super Sleuth fucked around with this message at 16:12 on May 31, 2022

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Uh, 40fps and 50fps.

:stare:

Edit: 40fps with focus priority off (lots of blurry missed shots), 13fps with focus on (lots of sharp shots).

So... bullet point game.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 31, 2022

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
the wild eyed man running straight towards the camera is generally just an extreme test, in many things you will have more than enough control over the focal plane orientation and that will help. 13 fps that sharp is very good.

the reviews look great, but I'm mostly interested in seeing more sample photos for that 150-600 and the 18-120 (ez? minimized focus breathing??????? holy poo poo) for video stuff

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Philthy posted:

Uh, 40fps and 50fps.

:stare:

Edit: 40fps with focus priority off (lots of blurry missed shots), 13fps with focus on (lots of sharp shots).

So... bullet point game.

I'm not sure if I read this right, but 40fps from a fixed beanbag or tripod, sounds ideal for motorsports (or a lot of sports tbh). Set up on a corner, set your focus, fire away as a car or bike sweeps through the frame.

Jadeilyn
Nov 21, 2004

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Thanks again for the suggestion to keep an eye on Best Buy. I was able to get the Fuji XF 70-300mm from them a week after I got my camera.

The camera has been awesome. Focus peaking is wonderful, and I am having fun going overboard with film simulations. I went to a mountain lake this weekend, and ended up with photos that don't even look anachronistic:

Closing Time by Elanna, on Flickr

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Heck yeah, enjoy it. It's a great lens, especially at less than half the cost of the 100-400.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Seconded. I like it.