Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
There are many overlapping threads, but this is probably your best bet: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3387938

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
When I went to Hong Kong last year I felt like NEXs were everywhere. I'd say ~30% of the non-point and shoots.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
Does anyone have a Ricoh GR? I'm thinking about one as an everyday camera and for long backpacking trips.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
I'm planning a 3 week hiking/backpacking trip and am looking at a Ricoh GR as a lightweight camera option. I'm thinking about battery scenarios and I realized I could get an OVF to significantly extend the life of the battery by leaving the back screen off and framing with the OVF. Then I realized that if I leave the back screen off, I wouldn't have any exposure information like I would with a dslr or EVF.

Has anyone tried using an OVF to save on battery? I guess I could turn it on, set up some general landscape settings (set ISO, narrow aperture for example) then turn off the screen.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
I will have several extras but nowhere to charge them en route. Cost isn't so much as issue as weight.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
Thanks for the comments on the OVF, I'll probably end up getting one along with several extra batteries. The more I thought about it the more I realized how much I prefer shooting through a viewfinder anyway, weight savings or not.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
Hmm, I have neither but according to that size comparison website, the x100 is 8% wider, 22% taller and 55% thicker. I think the thickness would be the key for pocketability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
e: wrong thread

spf3million fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 1, 2014