Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kedzie
Dec 13, 2004

they all float down here
I messed around with my new Panasonic 25mm f1.4 last night on my OM-D, and I felt like a puma or something creeping around in the dark. My composition skills are still sorely lacking, but I can finally capture sharp images hand held in super low light. I'm coming from the 12-50 f3.5 kit lens, so this is a big revelation to me. I highly recommend fast primes to everyone, weeee!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kedzie
Dec 13, 2004

they all float down here

Ropes4u posted:

Pics? How is the lot lens for day to day stuff?

Here's a Steve Huff story with some low light examples:
http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2012/06/02/some-fun-low-light-shooting-with-the-fuji-x100-olympus-e-m5-and-leica-x2/

I'm taking a trip to New Orleans in a few weeks, so I'm hoping having a fast lens will pay off indoors and on the streets at night.

The kit zoom is still a great lens to me. I am glad to have a weather sealed lens to go with the E-M5, and it has a macro mode which has been really fun to experiment with. I'm still fairly new to photography so everything is amazing to me right now. It isn't the greatest lens in any one area, but I am happy to have it. Here's a picture of a pig I took with the 12-50 Olympus kit lens:

Spring Valley nature center pig by visschers, on Flickr