Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe
New Warhammer Forge Chaos dwarfs

TL:DR Chaos dwarfs are back bitches! Massive Rape train coming to Altdorf!
Rules reference a "Legion of Azgorh" army list or use within a WoC army.
Bull Centaurs are referenced in the rules, so that means we are getting them.
Looks like chaos dwarfs will have 2 shooting weapons "Fire Glaives and Hailshot blunderbuss"

Also my wallet is crying thinking about this.
I think I might just have to knock foot troops off.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff

rules and pics on each page.

CHAOS DWARF IRON DAEMON
I would run 2 of these without a train attached, they are amazing.
I could see armies running 2 short trains, drop the other carriages in the back field and then get these into combat.

These would also make epic flank denial units.
One question since they are not a warmachine but a unique unit, If the crew is killed
I presume the war machine stays in on the board right? however it cannot operate?

CHAOS DWARF INFERNAL GUARD

These are a huge upgrade from the 6th ed chaos dwarf warriors.
S4 at 11 pts is great. 3+ AS with chaos armor and shield is awesome.
The fire glaives at 18 inches means shooting is viable.
Compared with a great weapons the FG's get you to S5 and without the ASL rule.

The blunderbusses referenced in the rules will probably be 12 inch shots.
D3 wounds AP strength based on ranks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Ok, reading up on Orks more and playing a game with them, I need help revising my army a bit. Im stuck on another core choice and a hero or two.

30 Savage orks
extra hand weapon - big stabbas - big'uns - full company

Savage orc shaman -
lvl 4 - shrunken head ( rolls with the big block for increased ward saves )

40-60 night goblins
either bows with a posion banner of hw/shield for an unbreakable unit

3rd core choice ?????

Black Orc Warboss
random magic weapon ( main use to keep the big savage orc unit in line )

Goblin or orc with BSB in my unknown 3rd core unit or with the goblins

Rares and specials filled with black orks, savage boar boys, arachnarok spider - some kind of warmachinbe

I need another core unit for 2k-2500 point games, but I dont know what to spend it on. I feel my only choices are night goblins or more orcs, the cavalry type core units look bad and unappealing. I do enjoy assaults so I suppose I should look into more orks. What do you guys think of regular boyz? Give them a shield and they have decent armor, but low killing power it seems

Blompkin
Mar 31, 2006

Take care
I definitely have to second 'you can never have too many bulls in a unit'. I took 1st place in this year's first round of Ard Boyz (one more week until round two!), and I used a unit of 39 Ogre bulls.

I'm not saying you need that many, but more bulls never hurts. More characters and gnoblars are also good. That's about all you need, really. Scraplaunchers are great, but their model is a nightmare to put together. It'll make assembling the Tyrant look like a pleasant dream in comparison.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

KingFisher posted:

CHAOS DWARF

Am I the only one thinking they just made midget warriors of chaos and recycled some old Squat tank designs from the 40k reject bin for the trains warmachines?

Fireglaves and helmets are really cool though.

edit: i've given them a closer look, but I think I need to see them painted before I decide if I like them.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:

Real hurthling! posted:

Am I the only one thinking they just made midget warriors of chaos and recycled some old Squat tank designs from the 40k reject bin for the trains warmachines?

And? :v:

They're still cool looking, in an "if they're not wearing funky hats then this is how I'd like them to look" sort of way.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
I'm glad I'm planning to build most of my CD from BfSP dwarves. Where are the rules though?

I really want to paint the armor dark with glow green OSL eyes, but I've never tried it before. Will resin survive stripping of paint?

VVV

awesome, thanks

Not a viking fucked around with this message at 22:03 on May 13, 2011

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/i/Infernal-Guard.pdf
/\/\/\/\

Tadhg posted:

They're still cool looking, in an "if they're not wearing funky hats then this is how I'd like them to look" sort of way.

yeah they are cool looking. I'm just really tired of the chaos armor aesthetic at this point, was hoping the CD would stand out a bit more - again I probably am just not seeing the detail due to lack of paintjob.

~

:siren: Quick BRET question:

Can bret knights get a horde bonus if they go 6 wide? You'd think they'd mention it explicitly in the FAQ but all they say is that for all references to 5 wide, count it as 3. That sort of leaves out what to do for a rule that usually involves units that are 10 wide.

it would be awesome to take the max of 15 kotr (boo, gw for having unit limits) and toss in a few damsels and paladins to get to 6x3 for a massive unit in which all knights attack.

you'd lose the extra ranks for breaking steadfast, though, but it would be a lot easier to fit the drat unit in my deployment zone.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 13, 2011

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:

Not a viking posted:

Will resin survive stripping of paint?

I've stripped the paint from resin things using Simple Green with no problems. Simple Green is just a detergent, I think, and I haven't found anything gaming related that can't stand being put in it (soaking even helps ungunk old drybrushes and clean empty dried-up paint pots.) It's not as magical a paint stripper as oven cleaner or other petrochemicals, but I'd rather deal with the possibility of a repeated soaking + scrubbing than have my minis melt.

I'd recommend being gentle with the scrub brush on tiny resin minis so you don't snap them, though. Lay it in the palm of your hand and scrub over it that way, so that you're not putting excessive force against a weapon or anything.

EAThief
Aug 28, 2006

I swear it's not what you think

My brother got the Island of Blood the other day and I think I'm going to end up starting either Tomb Kings, Beastmen or Ogres (can't decide, they are all pro). I know the Ogre battalion is a good deal; how good are the Tomb Kings and Beastman battalions for starting an army?

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Tadhg posted:

I've stripped the paint from resin things using Simple Green with no problems. Simple Green is just a detergent, I think, and I haven't found anything gaming related that can't stand being put in it (soaking even helps ungunk old drybrushes and clean empty dried-up paint pots.) It's not as magical a paint stripper as oven cleaner or other petrochemicals, but I'd rather deal with the possibility of a repeated soaking + scrubbing than have my minis melt.

I'd recommend being gentle with the scrub brush on tiny resin minis so you don't snap them, though. Lay it in the palm of your hand and scrub over it that way, so that you're not putting excessive force against a weapon or anything.

I've learned over the years that there is NOTHING simple green wont strip down to it's bare surface.
Clogged pipe, dirty ashtray, models painted with unthinned GW paints 15 years ago, you name it.

I keep a tupperware container with a screw on top full of green stuff, and I just toss models and stuff into it when they need to be cleaned. A week or so in that stuff and they come out looking brand new, and smelling minty fresh.

Bellicose Buddha
Mar 16, 2009

The tongue like,
A sharp knife,
Kills,
Without drawing blood.
You sure you want to draw yours?

Blompkin posted:

I definitely have to second 'you can never have too many bulls in a unit'. I took 1st place in this year's first round of Ard Boyz (one more week until round two!), and I used a unit of 39 Ogre bulls.

I'm not saying you need that many, but more bulls never hurts. More characters and gnoblars are also good. That's about all you need, really. Scraplaunchers are great, but their model is a nightmare to put together. It'll make assembling the Tyrant look like a pleasant dream in comparison.

Rock on. I wanted to have a massive column of ogres... Looks like that will work out great. :)

Edit: How many gnobblers did you use? I have 48 atm, still putting half of them together. I figure I will use them to ensnare and foul up enemy formations so that my bulls can reach them and hammer the living daylights out of them.

Bellicose Buddha fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 13, 2011

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Does it say something about me that the first thing I thought on seeing the Iron Daemon was BRUM

Seriously, the cannon barrels look like cute googly eyes. It's Brum. Or Thomas the Tank Daemon.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

EAThief posted:

My brother got the Island of Blood the other day and I think I'm going to end up starting either Tomb Kings, Beastmen or Ogres (can't decide, they are all pro). I know the Ogre battalion is a good deal; how good are the Tomb Kings and Beastman battalions for starting an army?

Can't speak to Orges and Beastmen but Tomb Kings are pretty awesome. They got everything you could ever want: giant Anubis statues carrying big gently caress-off blades, skeletons, flying sphinx's, snake dudes, mummies, chariots, giant mutant scorpions, ect.

Bellicose Buddha
Mar 16, 2009

The tongue like,
A sharp knife,
Kills,
Without drawing blood.

Flippycunt posted:

Can't speak to Orges and Beastmen but Tomb Kings are pretty awesome. They got everything you could ever want: giant Anubis statues carrying big gently caress-off blades, skeletons, flying sphinx's, snake dudes, mummies, chariots, giant mutant scorpions, ect.

Yeah, I'm almost tempted to start the Tomb Kings after I finish my ogres... The models looks so loving awesome.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Part of me is happy to see CD return, but the rest of me is pissed that they'll never be legal now.

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe

moths posted:

Part of me is happy to see CD return, but the rest of me is pissed that they'll never be legal now.

There is nothing in the BRB about "legal" and "not legal" its up to each player group to decide what is and isn't legal. If tournaments want to legalize CD units via WoC lists they could or allow for the solo list.

If i have to buy 25% WoC core to plays Cd's I will, and I know many other Cd players would as well. Just depends what the community decides.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I was never a fan of Chaos Dwarfs as a kid, but i might get some of the blunderbusses, just to give my WoC a shooting phase that's more than just my Hellcannon.

EAThief
Aug 28, 2006

I swear it's not what you think

Is this kind of a bad time to start a Warhammer army? It looks like it's gonna be pretty much impossible to get any metal models that aren't hanging out on a shelf in a store somewhere and most of the ones I can order from GWs site have ship times in the realm of 7-8 weeks.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Which Army? There are plenty that don't require ancient metal models.
/\/\/\/\

Thoughts on my Bret list? It's been mashed together out of the models I own from 7th edition, discounting my pegasi and grail reliquae because they both cost way too much to include while also running massive lances (for which I had to promote my yeomen in order to fill the back ranks)

Bretonnian: 8th edition fix list 2500

Lords - 540
Green Knight
Prophetess of the Lady (Horse, Lv.4, Earthing Rod, Heavens)

Heroes - 362
Paladin (Horse, BSB, Virtue of Heroism, Ranger standard)
Damsel (Horse)
Damsel (Prayer Icon)

Core - 1062
(35) Men at Arms (Command)
(20) Bowmen (Stakes, Brazziers)
(15) Knights of the Realm (Command, Lichebone Pennant)
(13) Knights of the Realm (Command)

Special - 0

Rare - 559
(8) Grail Knights (Command, Razor Standard)
(2) Trebs

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

EAThief posted:

Is this kind of a bad time to start a Warhammer army? It looks like it's gonna be pretty much impossible to get any metal models that aren't hanging out on a shelf in a store somewhere and most of the ones I can order from GWs site have ship times in the realm of 7-8 weeks.

It's kind of a pain, because almost every army has at least SOME models that are impossible to get right now.

The worst thing about it as that independent GW retailers know as much about what's going on as we do.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

EAThief posted:

We'll know by Monday, but I'm not holding out any hope.

Uberskooper
Apr 30, 2007
Skoops up goood
Does this mean that my all-metal Dark Elf army just went up in value?

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
I assumed he was talking about the ban on independent retailers selling to the Southern Hemisphere. But yeah, the resin thing should kick up the value of metals if they're going to be direct only.

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009

spacegoat posted:

I assumed he was talking about the ban on independent retailers selling to the Southern Hemisphere.

If that is true that is nothing except for what bullshit is.

FROOOOOOOOG fucked around with this message at 15:14 on May 15, 2011

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

New Orc list I need help with. Im stuck at around 2250 and dont know if I should cut to make a 2k list or add for a 2.5k. As for adding on, the skys the limit, I still need to buy a few more heroes.

--LORDS-- 425

Orc shaman - 255
lvl 4 - shrunk head

Goblin Warboss - 170
bsb 25 - posion banner

--CORE-- 915

30 Save boys - 315
full company - hand weapons - big stabbas

30 Save boys - 375
full company - hand weapons - big stabbas - big'uns

40 goblins - 225
bows - full company - 3 fanatics

--HEROES-- 294

BOBB - 92
shield

BOBB - 92
shield

Goblin shaman - 110
lvl 2 - scroll

-SPECIAL--

20 Black Ork - 295
full company - shields

--RARE--

Arachnarok Spider - 290

-2219-

It would be a BOBB and the orc shaman with the squad of 30 savage big'uns, other BOBB with 30 savage orcs, and the goblin shaman and goblin warboss with poison bsb in with the bow goblins.

I cant really subtract anything without heavily hurting a unit so I think I need to add onto this, but I dont know if I should go with adding artillery or buffing up heroes or maybe adding a small cavalry unit.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ForKhorne posted:

I dont know if I should go with adding artillery or buffing up heroes or maybe adding a small cavalry unit.

Template warmachines are at least a million times better than cavalry of any kind. Buff heroes are all well and good, but unless they cast templates/good augments, or offer more benefits to a unit's combat potential than just their own 3-5 attacks, you're better served by more troops or more artillery imo.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 15, 2011

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

ForKhorne posted:

New Orc list I need help with. Im stuck at around 2250 and dont know if I should cut to make a 2k list or add for a 2.5k. As for adding on, the skys the limit, I still need to buy a few more heroes.

--LORDS-- 425

Orc shaman - 255
lvl 4 - shrunk head

Goblin Warboss - 170
bsb 25 - posion banner

--CORE-- 915

30 Save boys - 315
full company - hand weapons - big stabbas

30 Save boys - 375
full company - hand weapons - big stabbas - big'uns

40 goblins - 225
bows - full company - 3 fanatics

--HEROES-- 294

BOBB - 92
shield

BOBB - 92
shield

Goblin shaman - 110
lvl 2 - scroll

-SPECIAL--

20 Black Ork - 295
full company - shields

--RARE--

Arachnarok Spider - 290

-2219-

It would be a BOBB and the orc shaman with the squad of 30 savage big'uns, other BOBB with 30 savage orcs, and the goblin shaman and goblin warboss with poison bsb in with the bow goblins.

I cant really subtract anything without heavily hurting a unit so I think I need to add onto this, but I dont know if I should go with adding artillery or buffing up heroes or maybe adding a small cavalry unit.

Dunno if this changed with the OnG army book but usually Lord-type characters can't be your BSB, so your Goblin Warboss should be a regular Big Boss.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
The "castle formation" as invented by yours truely (though some other variations exsist and the concept of using a bell for leadership has always existed the "formation" was MY IDEA!!!)

essentially the army trades killing power for "your not going to earn any points at all no matter what race you play"

the bsb and bell grey seer are bunkered in a clanrat unit behind the front lines. other units of slaves/clanrats surround and protect the "Command" unit. inside gaps in the formation are shooting elements such as globes and wind mortars.

the entire army relies on close range or moving and shooting elements so that the storm banner can be used. the entire army is mobile so no elements have to be left behind for defense of cannons.

The army should probably be renamed the Deathstar formation as the entire army becomes one giant death star unit. practically unkillable unless the bell or grey seer is killed. however if played correctly these should never see combat (and survive cannon shots)

this army formation and composition is not recommended for most players. it forgoes typical skaven units such as monks with a furnace (which i despise) gutter runners (which are perfectly good units they just don't fit in the formation) storm vermin with warlords and toys. (who i also despise) cannons (which are fine but cant move with the army and also have a chance of missing where the doomwheels do not) and some other usually key elements in skaven forces.

since i started using this list about 3 months ago i haven't lost a game. plenty of draws. but not a single loss

though according to the people here they think its "composition" score will be smacked. were i play we dont have composition scores (far to competitive everyone is running the cheesiest lists they can)

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

ineptmule posted:

Dunno if this changed with the OnG army book but usually Lord-type characters can't be your BSB, so your Goblin Warboss should be a regular Big Boss.

Might be, not sure on some of the wording. Mainly just took the lord version for one more leadership.

One other thing I am curious about. Do magical banners count for magic gear? Sounds stupid but im not sure, because whatI wanted to do is just buy a banner for the goblin boss and make my BSB on an Orc warboss.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

^^^
only bsbs and some standard bearers may buy magic banners.

Not a viking posted:

The "castle formation" as invented by yours truely (though some other variations exsist and the concept of using a bell for leadership has always existed the "formation" was MY IDEA!!!)

essentially the army trades killing power for "your not going to earn any points at all no matter what race you play"

the bsb and bell grey seer are bunkered in a clanrat unit behind the front lines. other units of slaves/clanrats surround and protect the "Command" unit. inside gaps in the formation are shooting elements such as globes and wind mortars.

the entire army relies on close range or moving and shooting elements so that the storm banner can be used. the entire army is mobile so no elements have to be left behind for defense of cannons.

The army should probably be renamed the Deathstar formation as the entire army becomes one giant death star unit. practically unkillable unless the bell or grey seer is killed. however if played correctly these should never see combat (and survive cannon shots)

this army formation and composition is not recommended for most players. it forgoes typical skaven units such as monks with a furnace (which i despise) gutter runners (which are perfectly good units they just don't fit in the formation) storm vermin with warlords and toys. (who i also despise) cannons (which are fine but cant move with the army and also have a chance of missing where the doomwheels do not) and some other usually key elements in skaven forces.

since i started using this list about 3 months ago i haven't lost a game. plenty of draws. but not a single loss

though according to the people here they think its "composition" score will be smacked. were i play we dont have composition scores (far to competitive everyone is running the cheesiest lists they can)

Post more warseer please.

Anti-Citizen
Oct 24, 2007
As You're Playing Chess, I'm Playing Russian Roulette
. . .all the interesting/good units (which I despise)

Bellicose Buddha
Mar 16, 2009

The tongue like,
A sharp knife,
Kills,
Without drawing blood.
Well had my first taste today: I fought some brets and won and fought some skaven and lost. With the brets, near as I could tell it was beginners luck coupled with no one else playing ogres at the place. I killed his general, a paladin the second turn and his knights lost combat both times. Skaven was only 750, and I struggled to even come up with three units, as ogres tend to be really expensive point wise.. In the end his doom wheel was what did me in. All in all I liked how the decisive the battles were. Very quick and very streamline. Can't wait to put my ogres on the war path again. :)

Bellicose Buddha fucked around with this message at 03:28 on May 16, 2011

Wondermoose
Aug 17, 2009
I thinking of getting into Warhammer. I am an old 40k player and recently picked up warmachine, and I have found my favorite play style is to walk up to things and beat their faces in. So I can't decide if I want to play Orcs and Goblins, or Warriors of Chaos. I love Orcs, I think they are hilarious, but Chaos is so badass. I don't have a lot of money to throw away so I thought Chaos would be cheaper because I wouldn't have to buy as many models as Orcs. But I like the how there is more variety in the models for the Orcs.

Simply I cannot decide for myself which of the two I want to play, this has been bothering me for days. So I have decided to have my want to be a unique and special snowflake decide for me. In your guy's experience, which of the two armies is more popular?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I would say either are great prospects for having a fun, characterful army with lots of potential for interesting modelling projects.

If I were starting afresh I would probably go for Chaos. As you say, they're just so badass. I personally like OnG but I am lucky because I have a pretty solid core of models for them already - approx. 100 of the two-pose Orcs from the 6th Edition box (and some arrer boyz :downs:) with 40+ multipart Orcs from the regiment boxes before they doubled in price, and two sets of skull pass goblins... Basically the most intimidating investments sorted (thank you ebay!) so I can understand the worry about not wanting to invest in all those minis.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Wondermoose posted:

I thinking of getting into Warhammer. I am an old 40k player and recently picked up warmachine, and I have found my favorite play style is to walk up to things and beat their faces in. So I can't decide if I want to play Orcs and Goblins, or Warriors of Chaos. I love Orcs, I think they are hilarious, but Chaos is so badass. I don't have a lot of money to throw away so I thought Chaos would be cheaper because I wouldn't have to buy as many models as Orcs. But I like the how there is more variety in the models for the Orcs.

Simply I cannot decide for myself which of the two I want to play, this has been bothering me for days. So I have decided to have my want to be a unique and special snowflake decide for me. In your guy's experience, which of the two armies is more popular?

Just gonna throw this out here, Chaos and O&G are probably two of three, if not the two, most popular armies.

Syphilis Fish
Apr 27, 2006
Man, I haven't played warhammer seriously in forever. I have like one game a year for the past five or eight years. Last nights game was so much fun however, my online shopping cart has a dark elf army batallion in it...

*click*

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

lenoon posted:

Goblinchat:

50 night goblins with bows. 3 fanatics. Poison banner.

Have fun!

Might be late to the party to point this out, but in the new book it specifically states Night Goblins can't take the poison banner, so can't combine the potency of poisoned goblin archers and fanatics unfortunately.

ApocalypseMeow
Mar 4, 2008

I love the smell of Catnip in the morning....Smells like Victory.
From the bell of lost souls forum:

quote:

Starting from the 28th of May 120 products that were Games Workshop direct only items will be coming back on the shelves as resin or resin Hybrids. This new range “Citadel Fine Cast” range will be limited in number for the first few months, so we will be taking advance orders for them.

Here are the new recast products at the full RRP;

41-60 COMMANDER DANTE £10.50
53-60 LOGAN GRIMNAR £14.50
55-61 THE EMPERORS CHAMPION £9.50
48-63 SPACE MARINE CHAPLAIN WITH JUMP PACK £10.50
44-60 DARK ANGELS COMPANY MASTER £10.50
48-61 SM LIBRARIAN IN TERMINATOR ARMOUR £14.50
53-61 NJAL STORMCALLER £14.50
41-61 ASTORATH THE GRIM £12.50
43-60 ABADDON THE DESPOILER £14.50
43-61 HURON BLACKHEART £10.50
50-61 ORK WARBOSS WITH ATTACK SQUIG £14.50
50-63 ORK BIG MEK £14.50
50-65 ORK PAINBOY WITH GROT ORDERLY £10.50
46-61 ELDAR AUTARCH WITH POWER WEAPON £10.50
46-62 THE AVATAR OF KHAINE £22.50
46-63 HARLEQUIN DEATH JESTER £10.50
46-64 HARLEQUIN SHADOWSEER £10.50
47-61 COMMISSAR YARRICK £10.50
47-63 IMPERIAL GUARD LORD COMMISSAR £9.50
51-61 TYRANID ZOANTHROPE £15.50
51-63 TYRANID TYRANT GUARD £15.50
51-64 TYRANID HIVE GUARD £15.50
51-65 TYRANID BROODLORD £15.50
57-61 BROTHER CAPTAIN STERN £14.50
57-60 LORD KALDOR DRAIGO £14.50
57-62 CASTELLAN CROWE £10.50
57-63 INQUISITOR COTEAZ £10.50
45-60 DARK ELDAR ARCHON £9.50
45-64 LELITH HESPERAX £10.50
45-63 URIEN RAKARTH £10.50
45-61 DARK ELDAR SUCCUBUS £9.50
56-60 TAU ETHEREAL WITH HONOUR BLADE £9.50
83-62 CHAOS EXALTED HERO £9.50
83-63 CHAOS KHORNE EXALTED HERO £10.50
86-60 EMPIRE CAPTAIN WITH HAMMER & PISTOL £9.50
92-60 WOOD ELF HIGHBORN WITH GREAT WEAPON £9.50
84-60 DWARF LORD WITH HAMMER & SHIELD £9.50
84-61 DWARF RUNELORD WITH GREAT WEAPON £9.50
90-60 SKAVEN WARLORD £9.50
90-61 QUEEK HEADTAKER £10.50
90-62 DEATHMASTER SNIKCH £10.50
91-61 VAMPIRE LORD £9.50
89-60 GRIMGOR IRONHIDE £10.50
89-62 BLACK ORC BIG BOSS £10.50
87-60 CARADRYAN £10.50
85-61 DARK ELF ASSASSIN WITH TWO HAND WEAPONS £9.50
81-60 MALAGOR THE DARK OMEN £12.50
10-61 URUK-HAI WITH CROSSBOWS £14.00
10-62 URUK-HAI BERSERKERS £14.00
08-61 GOTHMOG (PELENNOR) £20.50
05-60 ELROND AND GIL-GALAD £15.00
10-60 SARUMAN AND GRIMA £15.00
02-60 GANDALF THE WHITE £20.50
04-60 ARAGORN (THE BLACK GATE) £20.50
04-62 THEODEN (HELM’S DEEP) £20.50
04-61 BOROMIR (ITHILIEN) £20.50
09-60 SULADAN THE SERPENT LORD £20.50
08-62 THE DARK MARSHAL (RINGWRAITH) £20.50
05-61 DAIN AND BALIN £15.00
97-60 SKULLTAKER £14.50
48-40 MARNEUS CALGAR AND HONOUR GUARD £36.00
48-41 SPACE MARINE TECHMARINE WITH SERVITORS £25.50
55-40 BLACK TEMPLARS SWORD BRETHREN SQUAD £25.50
48-42 SPACE MARINE STERNGUARD VETERAN SQUAD £25.50
48-43 SPACE MARINE VANGUARD VETERAN SQUAD £25.50
53-40 CANIS WOLFBORN £30.00
43-40 NURGLE DAEMON PRINCE £21.50
43-41 CHAOS SPACE MARINE RAPTORS £25.50
43-42 DEATH GUARD PLAGUE MARINES £25.50
50-43 BOSS ZAGSTRUK £14.50
50-40 GHAZGHKULL THRAKA £22.50
50-41 ORK TANKBUSTAS £25.50
50-42 ORK BIG MEK WITH SHOKK ATTACK GUN £23.00
46-41 ELDAR RANGERS £20.50
46-42 ELDAR DARK REAPERS £23.00
46-44 ELDAR STRIKING SCORPIONS £23.00
46-40 ELDAR FARSEER AND WARLOCKS £20.50
51-42 TYRANID LICTOR £15.50
51-40 TYRANID HIVE TYRANT £36.00
51-41 TYRANID PYROVORE £21.50
45-40 DARK ELDAR INCUBI £23.00
45-41 DARK ELDAR MANDRAKES £20.50
56-40 TAU SNIPER DRONE TEAM £23.00
83-42 ARCHAON THE EVERCHOSEN £30.00
83-43 CHAOS LORD ON DAEMONIC MOUNT £22.50
83-41 CHAOS DRAGON OGRE SHAGGOTH £36.00
86-41 LUDWIG SCHWARZHELM £22.50
86-40 KURT HELBORG £22.50
82-41 THE GREEN KNIGHT £22.50
82-40 KING LOUEN LEONCOEUR £30.00
92-42 WOOD ELVES TREE KIN £30.00
92-40 ORION KING IN THE WOODS £22.50
92-41 WOOD ELVES TREEMAN £36.00
84-40 THOREK IRONBROW £36.00
84-41 DWARF GYROCOPTER £23.00
84-42 DWARF BOLT THROWER £23.00
90-40 SKAVEN WARPLOCK JEZZAILS £30.00
91-40 VAMPIRE COUNTS VARGHULF £21.50
91-42 COUNT MANNFRED £22.50
91-41 VAMPIRE COUNTS BLOOD KNIGHTS £61.50
88-41 KROQ GAR £40.00
89-44 GOBLIN SPEAR CHUKKA £18.50
89-43 SAVAGE ORC GREAT SHAMAN ON WAR BOAR £15.50
89-41 ORC WARBOSS ON WYVERN £40.00
89-42 GOBLIN ROCK LOBBER £23.00
89-45 GORBAD IRONCLAW £30.00
89-40 AZHAG THE SLAUGHTERER £55.00
85-41 DARK ELVES REAPER BOLT THROWER £18.50
08-40 THE DARK LORD SAURON £25.50
08-42 GULAHVAR THE TERROR OF ARNOR £30.00
08-43 MORDOR TROLL CHIEFTAIN £25.50
02-40 THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING £37.00
97-42 FLAMERS OF TZEENTCH £15.50

Some of those prices are insane even for GW, a £10 increase for Blood Knights!?
I was holding off buying metal minis in the hopes the resin would be cheaper, now I think I better pick some up quickly :suicide:

shotgunbadger
Nov 18, 2008

WEEK 4 - RETIRED
gently caress it, I'm out. Call me when Ogres get an update bros, I'm gonna stick to my TKs and I'm just done with GW, I can't keep justify playing this money sink when I have new far more fun, much smaller, money sinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Talking about this in the 40K thread. Also:

quote:

Guys,
I've just received word from Games Workshop that I am ok to talk about the new changes.

I'm afraid it is bad news. This is all you need to know in a nutshell: independent retailers supplied from GW Northern Europe cannot sell GW products outside the EU, plus countries like Norway and Switzerland. I will be posting a list of all the countries we will be allowed to sell GW products to on a news article on our website shortly.

I will refrain from commenting about GW's decision, but suffice to say that I am very sad for all of you Rest of the World customers - and for our own business, of course. However, we're offering you an 18% off UK RRP voucher for all Games Workshop products until the 30th of May - check out our webstore for details.

I would like to thank you all for your support, now and in the future. And remember - the wargaming world does not revolve around Games Workshop's products, so I'll still be seeing you all for our very own BaneLegions as well as Hordes and Warmachine and suchlike!

Cheers

Rob Lane
MD, Maelstrom Games

quote:

Games Workshop's new Terms and Conditions
Firstly, Games Workshop's new Terms and Conditions, which come into force on the 31st of May 2011. These, among other things, restrict the sale of language products - i.e., rulebooks and codices that are not in English - and, most crucially of all, restrict the sale of all of their products to the European Union, although there are a couple of countries (such as Norway and Switzerland) that are geographically within Europe but not in the EU that we can still sell to.

The full list of countries that we can sell GW products to is as follows:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom

Obviously this means that all of our faithful Games Workshop customers from the Anglosphere - Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United States - as well as those from Brazil, Chile, Peru, Russia, Japan and South Korea (apologies for those countries I have missed out) will now miss out on our superb service and cheap prices, but I'm afraid the terms and conditions of our contract with Games Workshop mean that we have to say goodbye.

blammo

• Locked thread