Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
denzelcurrypower
Jan 28, 2011
Is there such a thing as good decaf? I consider myself a bit of a coffee snob but over the past few months I've developed some bad reactions to caffeine. I don't want to give up my love for coffee but I've heard decaf is universally lovely coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

denzelcurrypower
Jan 28, 2011
Awesome, thanks for the tips! I'll ask the few roasters I know of if they offer that kind specifically. Your help is much appreciated.

denzelcurrypower
Jan 28, 2011
Can I make good coffee by using espresso beans in a french press?

The reason I ask is that I want to get fresh roasted decaf beans. My brother usually orders from Social Coffee (I live in Toronto) but the only decaf they offer is Espresso beans. It's not Swiss Water Decaf either so I'm wondering if it's even worth it.

Anyone know a good roaster with decaf beans around Toronto? Preferably Swiss water decaf.

denzelcurrypower
Jan 28, 2011
Wow, that is expensive but they certainly have a lot of selection. If it's really good coffee I think it's worth a try. However the vast array of options scares me a little - is their coffee still fresh when you buy it? I find a lot of roasters keep too much overstock and it leads to week old + coffee which, while still very good compared to commercial coffee, didn't compare at all to the 2nd day roastings that I tried from Social.

e: Can you get beans at the Bloor and Bathurst shop?

2nd e: I just saw on the site it says roasts next day, ships within two days. That's great but I live in Toronto so I'd probably be picking it up at the shop. I wonder if it would be as fresh there? Maybe I can make an order and pick it up myself? And how long does the swiss water process take?

denzelcurrypower
Jan 28, 2011
Wow, awesome. So they'll actually roast the beans while I'm at the store? Seems like it's worth the price, cuz that's pretty great. Thanks for the recommendation, I'm gonna give them a try.

e: Maybe I misunderstood but either way it seems the beans will be fresh so I'll give 'em a try.