Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amara
Jun 4, 2009
I've moved across the country 3 times now with door-to-door, another of these container companies. Every time it's gone very smoothly and inexpensively. They're smaller than the standard PODS size which is nice since I didn't even have enough stuff to fill it and it fits in parking spaces better for loading and unloading. I have never owned a car, so driving the stuff myself with a truck wasn't reasonable. I packed stuff up, flew to my new city, and then (eventually) had the pod delivered and I unpacked it.

The nice thing about container companies is you can (for a fee) store your poo poo at either end for a few months. This was pretty helpful for me since I moved into temp housing for a while before my year-long leases kicked in. So I just paid them 40 bucks a month or so to store and then scheduled drop-off only when I made it to my permanent place. It's a ton of flexibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amara
Jun 4, 2009
Uh so my lease technically ended in June. I had a thought today where I was like, I think I've been living here longer than a year? Checked my lease doc and yup it ended in June.

Should I... talk to my landlord about this? I mean I keep sending rent checks and he hasn't mentioned anything (really I never hear from him at all) about a new lease soooooo...?