Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
This is a pretty awesome thread and very helpful, so I hope I'm not stepping out of line in bringing this thread back to attention

I dunno if this is the perfect place for it but I'm gonna take a bit of time to ask about decoration of a new apartment. This will be my first time not living in my childhood room or a cramped dorm and I'd rather not just hang up a bunch of posters and call it a day.

Basically goons, How can I spruce up a new apartment in terms of wall hangings, cool looking doodads and neat things? My roommates and I are starting to corroborate on this and we kinda wanna get creative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Very intriguing ideas, might hit up IKEA soon. Thanks guys!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
So here's a furnishing question to liven things up. I hope this is an appropriate thread to ask and if not I'll be glad to take it out.

I'm moving into a relatively new apartment for my senior year in a few weeks. It's already basically furnished and there's the couch/tables etc, but not really anything in my room suitable enough to use as a computer table and for doing homework.

I'm looking for something as compact as possible (I don't have exact measurments but the room is kind of small) yet with a couple racks or cabinets for putting cd cases/books, something like a combo desk/shelf or something and about $200-300 tops as I'm on a bit of a budget. Ikea gave me a couple good ideas but I'm wondering if goons had any input. Would something like the Micke be a good choice?

Thanks guys :)

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jul 15, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Are you planning on moving this desk with you when you move out? Ikea is great for college furniture, but it sucks rear end when you're moving, it's heavy as poo poo and the particle board breaks pretty easily.

Ideally, yes but it wouldn't be a huge thing if I couldn't. I figured I could just disassemble it and put it back in the box when I moved out.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Ok, both of these are cool as hell and I'm gonna have to give these a look. Thanks :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I'd arrange them together, that way people will notice "hey, they're part of a set. That's pretty cool." rather than going "what's with all these loving masks in random areas?"

That said I think they'd look great hanging on a wall in the living room. They'd make a great conversation starter.