Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

File a fair housing complaint. Get paid, move somewhere that doesn't suck.

This.

Also you might need to consider that if the apartment above you has the same layout as yours, then the leak above your toilet could be coming from their toilet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

RabbitMage posted:

Gulliotines for the ruling class, yes.

It appears the water is just condensation and the ducts aren't designed in such a way that it doesn't drain anywhere else. This isn't a consistent problem, but had happened about a dozen times in the year and a half we've been here, so I don't know how much legal weight it carries.

And I don't want to be a prissy little bitch, but I do prefer not to have water dripping on me while I poo poo, so finding out we might just have to put up with that is disappointing.

The thing to remember is that water is never just water, so the fact that it is condensate, even if true, is pretty much irrelevant. Water on ceilings and walls leads to ceiling and wall damage, which you'll be held responsible for. Water on ceilings and walls and especially in ducts also leads to mold. Mold leads to air quality and health issues. Moist environments also attract vermin of various sorts, because they all need water and will go wherever it is.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
If you do go with a full moving service, you can still save some cash by packing your small items yourself. Just use more packing/cushioning than you think is needed, label each box including if it is fragile, and keep your own list of contents. I've done several cross-country moves and when I packed my stuff, it survived. When the movers did it, several items got broken.

Also, unless it has changed recently, full service movers usually charge a minimum. So if their min is, say, 1000 lbs then you get charged for 1000 lbs even if you've edited your stuff to less than that, so if you're close to 1000 lbs, then you might as well keep what you want to keep. If your stuff weighs more than their minimum then they charge for the actual weight - so that's something to ask about when you check with them.

One other thing, and it may not be daunting in the least to you, but it sure was to me: parking a car that's towing a u-haul (or a truck that's towing a car) is insanely difficult at motels and pretty much anywhere except interstate rest stops where they expect that and have pull-through spaces for them. Also crawling up mountains with a load in tow is slow, and people will blow by you All. The. Time.

If you're already used to towing stuff, these are probably down in the noise level. (I wasn't, and I swore never again.)

TofuDiva fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Aug 7, 2019