Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keret
Aug 26, 2012

Soiled Meat
Hey y'all. I'm moving out of my apartment at the end of the month, and need to decide what to do with the walls. 2-years-ago me decided it was a good idea to mount various things in the kitchen and living room with these plastic drywall anchors, and now I need to resolve that decision. Our agreement states that we are supposed to patch/fill the holes and paint the entire continuous wall to avoid having the cost deducted from our security deposit. Is it worth removing these things and trying to patch and paint everything myself (I don't know what paint they used, so I'd need to ask or find something exactly the same shade), or should I just roll the dice and hope it's not much more expensive for them to repair it? The landlord has been pretty amicable thus far, but nothing serious has really come up while we've been here.

Edit: I should mention that the owner of the unit intends to renovate and turn our 1br into a 2br at the end of the lease to put it back on the market, so I expect a decent amount of work will be done in that process regardless. That's not stated in the lease cancellation agreement though, and in general I'm not sure if it's very relevant.

Keret fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU