Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Rather than meeting up at a property to tour it with me, a realtor is just asking me to text them a picture of my driver's license and they will reply with a code that unlocks the front door. Is this a scam or just common practice for a realtor who lives out of town like they claim to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Is there an easy way to see what internet providers are availabe for a specific address? (Houston, TX)

Even ISPs' own websites don't have a way to see if they can reach me other than asking them in an email and hoping they get back to me ~soon~.

E: This is made extra hard because I'm moving into a garage apartment with a silly address that has used three different spellings on two different streets in the records/utilities I've searched so far.

Roumba fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jul 10, 2018

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
What's the best way to clean out the lint filter on a dryer? If I scrape it off with my fingers dust explodes all over the place.

My old place had the W/D in the garage so I didn't give a poo poo before, I just took the trap over to the main trash can, gave it the business right there in the driveway and shook the survivors out in the wind.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
It's like someone moved in to one of those mockups they make in front of apartment complexes to make sure all the different windows, trims and paints match.

Or someone really wanted a home that looked like a motherboard if you squint.