Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Merou
Jul 23, 2005
mean green? :(

What do I do to secure an apartment if I'm 2000 or so miles away and may not be able to be there in person to at least do the application and such? I'm applying for jobs in Portland but I live in Texas. I can't (won't) move there unless I get one of the jobs.

I was thinking if I got the job, I could contact a few of the apartments I've been looking at, will they generally allow for mailing me the application and me mailing it back with the application fee check? I mean obviously before I sign the lease I'd check the apartment out properly in person but I want them to be ready to lease it to me basically on the spot if I deem it acceptable. I don't have any reason to believe I'd fail the application, I have good credit and no criminal history and about 6 years of renter's history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merou
Jul 23, 2005

I think it was this thread I read it in but I'm not entirely sure, but it was about not leaving your mattress on the ground because it needs circulation or it gets moldy or some such.

I'm hoping to move into this nice little apartment, 375 sqft, that'll be only a few blocks from my new job. I'm ok with the size but since its in a colder climate, coming from Austin to Denver, I figure I'll need more than the light quilt I have now. So I thought I'd find boxes that fit under my bed frame and put blankets and such in there for storage when they aren't needed. Does using the area under my bed for storage cause poor enough circulation that my bed will start to get funky quicker?

I figure I can stuff my seasonal things and outdoor things under there so that my closet for clothes can remain relatively unencumbered.

Merou
Jul 23, 2005

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00169254/

These are the only tools I have other than tools that I only use for fiddling with my bicycle.