Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Didn't some goon once source a Battlestar Galactica quote to George Washington and have it stay on his page for two years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Logikv9 posted:

I completely forgot his name, but a new thing happening apparently is that crazy creationists basically hide their beliefs for awhile, go to prestigious schools, get phDs/other degrees in various fields (sometimes biology), then going around and sponsoring creationist sciences using their degree to basically give some sort of credibility to their claims.

Oh, then claiming some sort of EVOLUTIONIST LIBERAL CONSPIRACY going on behind the laboratory doors.

Isn't that literally what happened with Johnathon Wells? Didn't he go in to school as a Moonie devotee with the goal of "destroying Darwinism?"

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Man, that guy must hate Ben Franklin then.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Captain_Maclaine posted:

If I recall their general stance on the Crusades is 1) they were justifiable on grounds of self-defense and 2) not nearly as bad as Muslims/liberals make them out to be.

Wonder what, if anything, they have to say on the sack of Constantinople during the 4th Crusade. Probably something about how Orthodox Christians are liberals and therefore had it coming.

Didn't large numbers of the Orthodox in Turkey turn to the Muslim armies to oppose the Crusaders because of events like that?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Pead posted:

I like it THEREFORE it is a great conservative thing -- Andy Schlafly

I am kind of interested in seeing the thought process for that one, even though it would only take ten seconds to explain.

• Locked thread