Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Machai
Feb 21, 2013

ok so I am having problems with Cydia 1.1.9 on iPod7.0.4

I keep getting size mismatch errors when trying to install things. The icon next to the default cydia source on my source list is a question mark.

Is there a way to reinstall Cydia w/o having to re-jailbreak? I found iLEX RAT, but that requires me to have iFile installed which I cannot do with Cydia being broken.

A somewhat related question: I want to change permissions on a specific file but cannot install openSSH. I do have afc2add which supposedly lets me change permissions with ifunbox, but the ifunbox does nothing when I click the permissions option on the file. Is there another application out there that would work with afc2add to let me change file permissions?

e: turns out the default source was being blocked by my router, both problems fixed now

Machai fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jun 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Has anyone else had problems with bite SMS having the keyboard disappear on the lockscreen or when popping up over other apps that are running so that you can't type a reply right there on the spot? Does that make sense? Not sure whether it's meant to be a feature, or a bug, but I basically can't quick reply to texts anymore because the keyboard doesn't come up. I have to hit open to get it to open up the app and do it from there.

Anyone had this or have any ideas on how to fix it?

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006

nrr posted:

Has anyone else had problems with bite SMS having the keyboard disappear on the lockscreen or when popping up over other apps that are running so that you can't type a reply right there on the spot? Does that make sense? Not sure whether it's meant to be a feature, or a bug, but I basically can't quick reply to texts anymore because the keyboard doesn't come up. I have to hit open to get it to open up the app and do it from there.

I've seen it. No idea on a fix.

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug

nrr posted:

I've also had this - a respring fixes it, but that's the only solution I've found short of a reboot.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

In case you didn't know there's a 7.1.1 untethered jailbreak out. A lot of this is copy/paste. Apparently 7.1.2 is coming out soon so update if you haven't. I did this on an iphone 5 with no issues.

http://pangu.io/

Spyware free - https://twitter.com/iH8sn0w/status/481118912075927553

Make sure you follow these instructions

Make sure you have iTunes installed.
Edit your iPhone's date to June 2, 2014
Open the PanGu.exe file
IMPORTANT: UNCHECK THE CHECKMARK to the left where you see random characters and the "PP"
Click the black button to the right
As soon as the "brush stroke" loading bar fills to 20%, the PanGu app will appear on your phone
Tap it
Select Continue
It will fill the loading brush stroke until 80% and your iTunes will open (it will only open IF you have iTunesHelper.exe on your Windows Taskbar)
Close iTunes
Your device will reboot
When it opens again, wait for the brush stroke to complete to 100%
Your device will reboot once more
The process will be finished 100%
The PanGu app will be replaced with Cydia
Do your usual stuff by opening Cydia and continue with what you want to install by then.
If you have alarms, set them again after the Jailbreak process is complete

List of working apps

2×2 Folder Icons
3G Unrestrictor 5 (iOS 7 & 6)
Accelerate
Activate Link
Alkaline
Almpoum
AndroidLockXT
Animer7
Appdye
AppInfo
Applocker
Appro
AppSync Unified
Aria
Arise
ArrangeStatusBar
AttachmentEncryptor
auki
Background Manager
Badge Customizer
Barrel
Bars
BaSic-AdBlocker7
BatteryLife
BetterNC7
BetterPasscodeKeypad
BetterPowerDown
biteSMS
Bloard
Bluepicker
Blur Remover
BlurredMusicApp
Bridge
BrightVol
BTC Mouse & Trackpad
Burst mode
BytaFont 2
CallBar
CameraTweak2
CamVolZoom
CC Deseparator
CCControls
CCHide
CCMeters
CCSettings
CCToggles
CellularUsageOrder
ChargingHelper
Chrome Downloader Plus
ClassicBadges
ClassicLockScreen
Clear Background Apps
CleverPin
Clipshot
Cloaky
CloseAll
Color Keyboard for iOS 7
Color Profiles
ColorBadges
ColorShot
CryptoNotes
Curiosa
CustomLS
Cybernetic
CyDelete7
Cylinder
Data meter
Dated
DisturbPlease
DockShift
Drunk Mode
DynamicText
fakeclockup
f.lux
f.lux Flipswitch
FlagPaint7
Flat Notes
Flex 2
FlipControlCenter
Flipswitch
Folder Enhancer
FolderCloser
FolderEnhancer (iOS 7)
FolderSwipe7
FrontFlash
FullKarma
GIFViewer
GroovyLock
HapticPro
HiddenSettings7
HiddenWallpapers
HUDDismiss
HudSlider
iCleaner Pro
IconSupport
iFile
Ikeywi 2
iLEX R.A.T. (iOS 7)
iMessage Unlimited Media Send
Infinite Tweet 2
Inform Me
Intube
ipEQ for iPhone
KeyShortcut Pro
LastApp
LastPic
LockHTML3
LockPages
MessageHeads
Messages Customizer
mikoto
MobileTerminal (iOS7)
Möbius
MultiIconMover+
MultitaskingGestures
NCAllOnly
NCObey
NetworkList
NewTerm
NextGenUI
No Yahoo!
NoAnnoyance
NoNearMe
NoPageDots7
NoSlowAnimations
NoSpot iOS 7
NoStatusBar
NotesCounter
Now listening
NowPlayingStatusBar for iOS 7
OneByOne Contacts
OpenSSH
OpenSSL
Orangered for iOS 7
Phantom for Snapchat
Photo Booth (iOS 7) for iPhone/iPod touch
Platinum
Power Banners
PreferenceLoader
PreferenceOrganizer 2
PreferenceTag
PrivateSMS
ProTube
ProximityCam
Purge
QuickActivator
QuickPass
Random Icon Flip
Record ‘n’ Torch
ResetAllKiller
RightX
RocketBootstrap
roqyUSB7
RotateVideo
Safari Resetter
SafariTabCount
SameStatus
SaveGram
sbquit
ScramblePass
SelfDestruct
ShowCase
SimplePasscodeButtons
SkipLock
Slide2Kill 7
SlideCut
SlideForUsage
Slo Mo Mod
SmartClose
Snapchat Log
Snooze
Software Update Killer
Speed Intensifier
Spin
SpotDefine
Springtomize 3
SPTouch
SSH Connect
SSHMediaControls
StatusModifier
Statusvol
Still Capture Enabler 2
SubtleLock (iOS 7)
SwipeSelection
SwitchSpring
SysInfoPlus
Syslog Flipswitch
TapToUnlock7
TetherMe
TetherStatus
TimeForAlarm 2
TinyBar
Typestatus
unBold
Uninstall Application Size
Untrusted Hosts Blocker
Vertex
Video pane
Video Zoom Mod
Volume Step
WiFi Booster
WinterBoard
WinterTerminal
xCon
Zeppelin

Partially working

Activator - "Slide in gesture" from "screen left" doesn't work
Auxo 2 - Only with FlipControlCenter. It'll work otherwise but the toggles will send you to safemode.
Blurfolders – Sets folders to NewsStand icon and label but opens like it should. Eventually crashes to safe mode.
CCSliders - Must have "Show Title When Changing" unchecked or else safe mode crash
Eclipse – Works excepts from Settings pane.
Five Icon Dock – Icons overlap but works otherwise.
Forecast - Animations not working, hourly view on lock screen glitchy when touched
Hold2Speak – Works if call is started from phone app but not if answering a call.
Jellylock7 - only without passcode
LockInfo7 – Most options cause safe mode. Hiding lockscreen clock works after exiting safe mode.
NoteCreator – Saves notes but then sometimes crashes SpringBoard, doesn’t work in landscape mode.
PkgBackup – Backs up fine, but will not restore.
SBSettings – Notification Center option does not work and crashes on iPad. Power button does not work either.
Veency – Works but only until you click, which causes safe mode.

Nitrous seems to be working as well

Just wish irealsms would get an update :( Either way I held out on ios6 long enough I'm glad I could finally upgrade and jailbreak io7

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jun 26, 2014

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Anyway besides pkgbsckup to copy over cydia/jsilbreak customization? ( when updating from 7.0.4 to 7.1.1)

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

goodness posted:

Anyway besides pkgbsckup to copy over cydia/jsilbreak customization? ( when updating from 7.0.4 to 7.1.1)
OpenBackup

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Considering the JB just came out and a lot of poo poo doesn't work I would just screenshot all your tweaks and install one by one but that's just me

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Christoff posted:

Considering the JB just came out and a lot of poo poo doesn't work I would just screenshot all your tweaks and install one by one but that's just me

Yeah I will probably do this.

Trying to restore and update from 7.0.4 but I get a 3194 error when trying to.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

goodness posted:

Yeah I will probably do this.

Trying to restore and update from 7.0.4 but I get a 3194 error when trying to.

I think I had the same issue is that the one where your phone is stuck on connect to itunes and itunes won't recognize it?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Christoff posted:

I think I had the same issue is that the one where your phone is stuck on connect to itunes and itunes won't recognize it?

Um, I mean it connects to itunes. And I click the restore and update button under the iPhone menu in iTunes.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694

I was having error 4005. Don't plug through usb hubs :rolleyes:

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

And done. Glad I finally got to update.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Idownloadblog also showed a way to get this running on a Mac as that version of the Pangu tool isn't released yet. I'll have to do get that done myself later on today incase 7.1.2 patches this exploit.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Christoff posted:

List of working apps

Here's a spreadsheet I found on reddit.

https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/published.do?rid=yjvcr05b6df3bf7784cd7b1fa807cbb25436b

I in no way endorse or promote reddit, just had to go somewhere for jailbreak info while the forums were down.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Hamburlgar posted:

Idownloadblog also showed a way to get this running on a Mac as that version of the Pangu tool isn't released yet. I'll have to do get that done myself later on today incase 7.1.2 patches this exploit.

When I saw it, that hot tip was just "Run Windows in a VM."

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Not sure what the deal is, but I get about halfway through the "brush" and the ??????'s turn red. Anyone have that issue?

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Not sure what the deal is, but I get about halfway through the "brush" and the ??????'s turn red. Anyone have that issue?

Make sure you don't have a pass code or auto-lock enabled.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Right click the app and run as administrator.

If you just restored or updated your device and it's in the process of downloading your old apps, settings, photos, and data, then let it finish doing that first.

There is an english version of that Pangu program floating around out there.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Make sure you don't have a pass code or auto-lock enabled.

Also this.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
No luck, I had auto-lock turn on so I set it to never, tried again. Quite odd, I've followed the steps properly.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

What's the big reason to update from 7.0.6 to 7.1.1?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
I know rite? I still run windows 3.1 and Lowtax still runs UBB because what's the point of updating?

vvvv Sigh. ios threads. You're not going to stick with 7.0.4 forever so either do it or don't but eventually you will and you'll find the exact same questions sitting there waiting for you.

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 26, 2014

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Zigmidge posted:

I know rite? I still run windows 3.1 and Lowtax still runs UBB because what's the point of updating?

This is a silly response. Newer versions aren't necessarily always an improvement. Within the context of the jailbreaking scene, it's worth finding out whether the upgrade is beneficial enough to warrant not only the time it takes to reinstall everything, the risk of the JB process going wrong, but also the risk of incompatibilities while developers get around to updating (some take months).

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

There have been a number of SSL security fixes since 7.0.6 as far as I understand, so the question is how insecure you want your phone to be.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
Here's your iOS 7.1 information: https://www.apple.com/ios/ios7-update/

Decide for yourself if it's worth updating, I guess.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I don't see why you wouldn't update to the latest that you can jailbreak or why you'd need convincing. 7.1.2 is coming out soon so might as well update now

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
7.1.1 runs faster, has a severe vuln fixed, and crashes a lot less on the 64-bit devices.

You don't even need to erase and restore to update. Just download your IPSW, shift click the update button and select your IPSW, let it update and then jailbreak it by following the instructions. It took me 25 minutes to update and reinstall all of my Cydia tweaks.

nite time dinosaur
Sep 12, 2011

this is what you get when you mess with us
This is a pretty good summary of the changes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_7#7.1

Natural Laxative
Aug 20, 2004

"Pangu is not a valid win32 application" anyone getting this when trying to load the jailbreak program?

Edit- figured it out, the file kept stalling during download, finally got it to fully download.

Natural Laxative fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Jun 27, 2014

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Mr Hands Colon posted:

No luck, I had auto-lock turn on so I set it to never, tried again. Quite odd, I've followed the steps properly.

Just following up on this issue: I'm a moron. I was letting the .exe run on my machine and not paying attention to my phone to see that the Pangu icon was showing up, it was though. The red ????'s were a result of inactivity/timeout, I was able to install the JB and it went fine. However, after installing repos and packages (literally all were 100% legit tweaks and things that I have paid for in the past) last night, my email/calculator/Safari would immediately crash. I restored from the last backup and everything seems fine now (I hope).

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

I'm having issues with it. I'm on 7.1.1 on a 5S, plugged in, auto-lock and passcode off, time set to 6/2/14, but every time I open the Pangu executable, it just scrolls the "hey, change the time!" tip and nothing I do makes it disappear. Am I just dense?

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab
Thanks for the jb walkthru, it worked well and quickly.

Yes, I also changed the date beforehand and then ran pangu and got the "hey, change the time!" So I opened up setting again and set it again and it went away.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah I'm not sure why people are having issues. I hate to say this on here but *gasp* check the reddit JB threads

So far so good for me just looking forward to the apps getting updated. But bitesms and auxo 2 work so that's all I really need. Also multitaskgestures works as well. Had trouble using it with auxo 2 though. It worked just with some small issues. I understand they're obviously not supposed to be compatible.

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

Worked perfectly on my iPad mini.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Rabite posted:

Thanks for the jb walkthru, it worked well and quickly.

Yes, I also changed the date beforehand and then ran pangu and got the "hey, change the time!" So I opened up setting again and set it again and it went away.

Yeah, I've tried that, too. I wonder if Windows 8.1 is messing with it at all.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

sleepwalkers posted:

Yeah, I've tried that, too. I wonder if Windows 8.1 is messing with it at all.

I couldn't do it with windows 8.1, but I used my windows 7 work laptop and it went very quickly.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Mine worked perfectly fine with 8.1 :confused:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Mine worked perfectly fine with 8.1 :confused:

Likewise

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
NoNewsIsGoodNews is doing nothing to hide the icon and Poof isn't even showing Newsstand in the list of apps. Anyone have any alternatives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

With ios7 you can put it in a folder now

• Locked thread