Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«204 »
OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

We have a Glock Megathread. We have a Sig megathread. Hell we even have a 1911 Megathread. So why not have a CZ megathread.

CZ, as an abbreviation actually can refer to a few different manufacturers. Some of those are not even Czech, but these we are not particularly interested in. Primarily, the focus here is the CZ we all know and love, Česká zbrojovka Uherský Brod.

CZ does all sorts of various different things. Like milsurp, polygonally-rifled Makarov-chambered pistols like the VZ. 82.

Or then there's the VZ. 52. CZ Strakonice, thank you Professor Awesome

Or then there's their 75 series.

Or their sexy bolt-action rifles.

CZ also does Dan Wesson guns, but I believe they're more of a distributor there, so I can't comment on that.

Official Manufacturer's page
The Wikipedia Page
CZ Custom. These guys do custom CZ
CZ-USA
Czechpoint-USA, these guys do our VZ 58 and 61 imports
Marshall Grips. This guy does neat grips.
Cajun Gun Works - parts, and they work on CZs

There are a few companies that make clones of CZ pistols, most notable that I can think off the top of my head is Tanfoglio, there are also Israeli/Turkish/other clones. Discussion of such is more than welcome here.

Tanfoglio's website here

And a CZ pile to finish off the op. More info to be added.

OWLS! fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Oct 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

If you don't own a CZ you're a bad person.

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Might as well give it another shot. The original CZ megathread had over 3000 replies at one point (IIRC).

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Curses! I was considering making one of these just this night. Throw the link for CZ-Custom in the OP, too - they have some seriously neat poo poo.

Everyone else - buy a CZ. You can get a police-surplus 75 for under $350 still, and they aren't in bad shape at all.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

IuniusBrutus posted:

Everyone else - buy a CZ. You can get a police-surplus 75 for under $350 still, and they aren't in bad shape at all.

Stop. Tempting. Me.
Question, would the slide from a 75 B fit on a pre-B 75? Something about a reverse-dual-tone 75 with the old hammer style just strikes my fancy...

BigRedDot
Mar 6, 2008

As chance would have it, I was just given a CZ-82 today as a gift from my partner's father:

I already love it and I haven't even fired it!

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Goddammit

CZs are literally the only guns outside of 1911s that tempt me away from glocks.

at least 1911s I know I don't have the money for them in the immediate future but CZs...

This is a tanfoglio that I used to own whose grips I stained.

sweet gun but the safety sucked, the DA trigger was like 20lbs, and I didn't like the non-existent customer service. also jammed frequently and had problems both with feeding and extraction. Sold it to pay for another glock. It was a loving sweet shooter though.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

My CZ452 Varmint is literally the only gun I own that has wood anywhere on it.

Does anyone know where I can get a poly stock that will fit it?

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

Woo WOO, Look a Parrot...
LOOK AT IT!

I hunt with my cz550 full stock in 6.5x55. Next time there is some decent sun out I am going to take some new pictures of it... It is the only gun I own anymore since moving back to new jersey

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

OWLS! posted:

Question, would the slide from a 75 B fit on a pre-B 75? Something about a reverse-dual-tone 75 with the old hammer style just strikes my fancy...

I'm going to guess that it won't really function easily as a quick-swap. The B indicates that the model has a firing pin block safety in it. A Pre-B CZ 75 wouldn't have the proper parts in the frame, namely the fire control group, to deactivate the firing pin block.

You would have to replace the FCG in the Pre-B frame to get a 75B slide to function in said frame. And I'm not sure if that's even possible.

CZ Custom would know more. They might even say I'm wrong.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

I want a first model CZ 75 so badly. Those short rails call to me. Also a pre-b. For now, the PCR will have to do. I can't justify a third handgun so early in the year.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 16, 2011

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

Listen to your friend Billy Zane. He's a cool dude.

My CZ collection

The CZ 452 is always a hit when I bring it to the range with a group of people.

Mishaco
May 4, 2005

I bought some pre-B CZ-75s late last year for my store. I won't lie, it was hard not to keep one for myself. At least 1 of them found a home witha goon.

I bought a Vz.52 pistol back in 2001 when they were dirt cheap and there wasn't really any surplus ammo floating around for them.
I bought a Vz.82 pistol in 2005 as soon as they started importing them. I had wanted one for a long time at that point. I still have both of these pistols by the way.

I bought one of the very first SA VZ.58 Sporters to be imported in spring of 2007. Yes i had to convert it and back then it was pretty unchartted waters, but gently caress it was a true Vz.58 and i didn't care. I still have it also.

I bought a SA Vz.61 Scorpion pistol some time later because....come on, its a Klobb!

This is my most recent Vz purchase:

What is amazing about the CZ brand, aside from their outstanding and unique designs, is the fact they have managed to gain a great deal of respect and noteriety in the US market. A market traditionally dominated by USA made firearms because of the "Made in America, gently caress yeah' mindset among many consumers.

Czech On....

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

CZs are pretty cool

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Postin itt to say that I shot my 3-gun club's first match today with my CZ-2003H, which is a Vz.58 and I don't know why they didn't just call it that. It has an NEA railed upper handguard, Bushnell TRS-25, NEA ambi safety, Neit TBR, Rauch Tactical peep sight, VTAC sling and a FAB defence pistol grip. It sounds like a lot, but the rifle is actually pretty basic. It has the factory stock and lower handguard.

Anyways, I was shooting against AR's from 5-80 yards and I was never limited by the rifle. Granted, this was a short range shoot, but the rifle was certainly capable. We'll see how the scores pan out.

incredibull
Sep 7, 2008

GENERIC

Mishaco posted:

This is my most recent Vz purchase:

I love the Vz.52, but the stock seems like it goes on forever doesn't it? The first time I held one it felt a bit weird, like shouldering a baseball bat. Maybe it's just me. Is yours in 7.62x39?

One conflicting thing I've always heard, is that while some say they were way overbuilt for the smaller cartridge, others claim that they weren't all that reliable; locking lug failures, etc. Which was it?

incredibull fucked around with this message at 05:17 on May 16, 2011

Mishaco
May 4, 2005

Mine is in 7.62x39 (Vz.52/57 dated 1957).

I have never heard them described as weak, with lugs shearing off.

The original Vz.52 in 7.62x45 was known for being highly reliable, more accurate than an SKS, and overall a high quality build. its biggest weaknesses were a complicated takedown method (for a GI military gun) and weight.

The Vz.52/57 was a transitional model and never was intended to be in front line service for long.Because the platform was redesigned to fire the shorter 7.62x39 catridge, some claim it wasn't as reliable as the original. On the other hand, the 52/57 had a chromelined chamber and bore so that's something.

Even the beat-up Century imports from 10-15 years ago came in with decent bolts/receivers. The bores and stocks were the bad parts. They still shot though, if not as accurate as they once might have.

The Vz.52 pistol on the other hand , people debate on that one all the time if its an overbuilt tank, or just barely strong enough for the 7.62x25 Tokarev round.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

We all got it coming, kid

They do shotguns too!

I GET DAT ARABPRE-WAR MONEY

And here's a big rear end CZ with a tiny rear end barrel on it:

And a smaller CZ with a cool thing on it:

Obligatory;

Yay CZ

Shnitzel
Jan 16, 2006
Mr. Pibb + Redvines = Crazy Delicious

So I recently got a CZ75B with the omega trigger and I had some questions:

1. I heard something about the kadet kit not working with omega 75s out of the box without gunsmithing, anyone c/d?

2. Looking for wood grips, but not a big fan of hakim's stuff. I want full checkered, nice wood. Possibly CZ OEM because I like the factory shape with the thumb contour.. Do they have any nice ones?

3. I was looking at wolff springs (http://www.gunsprings.com/Semi-Auto...mID16/dID91#838), anyone have any experience with any particular ones?

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shnitzel posted:

So I recently got a CZ75B with the omega trigger and I had some questions:
2. Looking for wood grips, but not a big fan of hakim's stuff. I want full checkered, nice wood. Possibly CZ OEM because I like the factory shape with the thumb contour.. Do they have any nice ones?

Have you checked out http://www.marschalgrips.com/ ? I've heard good things about them.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Capn Beeb posted:

I GET DAT ARABPRE-WAR MONEY

Holy poo poo yes.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Edit derp

Bummey fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 27, 2011

Ninja Rope
Oct 22, 2005

Wee.

We have an HK megathread too.

I had an SP01 that was nothing but problems from the start that I ultimately sold. I also had a CZ 452 that didn't work out so great, but it sure was pretty. Undeterred, I am going to try again with a CZ-75 soon.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...

Craptacular posted:

My CZ452 Varmint is literally the only gun I own that has wood anywhere on it.

Does anyone know where I can get a poly stock that will fit it?

Wilddog in Australia, also there's a place in the UK

not poly though, fiberglass.

I've owned a few CZ rimfires, and a BRNO ZKK601 .270... with my current minimalist approach to gun ownership, the only thing I require in my collection is 'a pistol' and that will be an SP-01 Shadow probably. Love those Czech guns.

(gently caress Zastava though, they're poo poo)

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Kommienzuspadt posted:

sweet gun but the safety sucked, the DA trigger was like 20lbs, and I didn't like the non-existent customer service. also jammed frequently and had problems both with feeding and extraction. Sold it to pay for another glock. It was a loving sweet shooter though.

I've shot a couple Witnesses and haven't come across the feeding/extracting issues myself. You're right about the DA trigger though.

If you do see a Witness for pretty cheap bucks, they're worth it. They're tack-drivers, and with a little work they run great.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

ABANDONED HOMEWORLD FOR SALE, CHEAP!!!
Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.

Mishaco posted:

The original Vz.52 in 7.62x45 was known for being highly reliable, more accurate than an SKS, and overall a high quality build.

My friend at grad school is building a collection of Czech guns and got a Vz.52 in 7.62x45. It's a really neat round and the gun was a lot of fun to shoot... it felt really solid. I don't like the sights at all though. I'm sure the rifle is capable of much better accuracy than I got from it, but the rear sight is one of those awful U shaped sights and is pretty wide to boot.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

gimpsuitjones posted:

Wilddog in Australia, also there's a place in the UK

not poly though, fiberglass.

Poly, fiberglass, whatever. I'm not going to bother importing a stock though. McMillan apparently makes a rimfire stock that fits CZs now but they want over $400 for it...

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...

Really? Neat. What style is it?

I think manners were looking at doing a t3 with CZ inlet too

I eats my spinach
Jan 16, 2005

'sup gordon

I would just like to point out that the Vz.52 pistol was made at CZ Strakonice, not Uherský Brod. Though today they're both privatized companies built on the assets of old Czech state armories Strakonice's pistols don't really compare favorably to CZUB's

Also CZ-USA: set up a manufacturing facility here in the US and make CZ-805s tia

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

DJExile posted:

I've shot a couple Witnesses and haven't come across the feeding/extracting issues myself. You're right about the DA trigger though.

If you do see a Witness for pretty cheap bucks, they're worth it. They're tack-drivers, and with a little work they run great.

There's a new EAA Witness floating around on the local classifieds for $350 I'm always tempted to buy. I'd be all over it if it was in something neat like 10mm or .38 Super. A 10mm CZ-75 would own.

edit: I wonder if witness .22 kits would fit on a 75?

IuniusBrutus fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 17, 2011

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

Pre-B with no import marks. I love this gun.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Also sexism, religious bias, jingoism, and so on. Don't do it, people!

Dogs, don't do it either, even if the police man really tries to train you to do it.

Mishaco posted:

The Vz.52 pistol on the other hand , people debate on that one all the time if its an overbuilt tank, or just barely strong enough for the 7.62x25 Tokarev round.
I was under the impression it is an overbuilt tank until the rollers get worn out. Is that not accurate?

BadgerMan45
Dec 30, 2009

SadWhaleFamily posted:

I'm going to guess that it won't really function easily as a quick-swap. The B indicates that the model has a firing pin block safety in it. A Pre-B CZ 75 wouldn't have the proper parts in the frame, namely the fire control group, to deactivate the firing pin block.

You would have to replace the FCG in the Pre-B frame to get a 75B slide to function in said frame. And I'm not sure if that's even possible.

CZ Custom would know more. They might even say I'm wrong.

If you want to keep the firing pin block, you'll need to put a B sear, firing pin block lever, and firing pin block lever spring. The only part of the sear you'll probably have to fit (assuming you don't want to do a trigger job" is the leg that interacts with the safety. Alternatively you can just remove the firing pin block stop and spring and it should work on the Pre-B frame. I don't think the difference in the rails will stop you from mating the two, but I can't be certain. Hope that helps.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I was under the impression it is an overbuilt tank until the rollers get worn out. Is that not accurate?

I've heard that that the way the barrel is cut to interact with the action leaves parts of the chamber with less than perfect support, and combined with CZECH SMG SUPER BOMBBAD AMMO catastrophic failures can result.

I don't think I've heard a single KB! story about them yet though, so I suspect much of the dislike of them is due to it not being a JMB design. You can order hardened rollers for about $30, and so long as everything seems to function fine, I seriously doubt there is anything to worry about.

Except the decocker. Probably should just forget that exists.

CAT ON THE COUCH!!
Mar 30, 2009

Hark!! Yonder goon hast defamed a lady!! Fear not, CoTC to the rescue!!

lol ponytar

I think we all can agree if you want a a 75 get a b in .40S&W because its a MANSTOPPAH

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Then why aren't we talking about 97B s?

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Mishaco posted:

I bought some pre-B CZ-75s late last year for my store. I won't lie, it was hard not to keep one for myself. At least 1 of them found a home witha goon.

Yup, and it owns. See below.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

Pre-B with no import marks. I love this gun.

This is sweet. Mine is Czech po-surp so it has a CAI import stamp and it's beat to hell finish wise (particularly on the front/top of the slide), but I've only had it a few hours and I'm already in love with it. Thanks misha!

OWLS! posted:

Have you checked out http://www.marschalgrips.com/ ? I've heard good things about them.

Any thread about CZs isn't complete without discussing Marschal grips. I've got some on my vz. 82 and my Sig P6, and absolutely love them. Really high quality, lots of different types of wood...absolutely worth the money/wait.

IuniusBrutus posted:

Except the decocker. Probably should just forget that exists.

Decocker on a SAO gun.

My CZ collection includes a vz. 52, a vz. 70, a vz. 82, and a CZ-75. I fully intend on picking up a vz. 24 and vz. 27 to finish out the historical Czech handgun collection (I'll probably wind up snagging a vz. 38 as well at some point, just because it looks so drat goofy). Also a vz. 52/57 and some sort of vz. 58. I'd like to get some sort of .22 because they look like so much fun, but my high quality .22 bolt action desire has been sated by my Kimber 82G and Mossberg M44.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

iyaayas01 posted:

Any thread about CZs isn't complete without discussing Marschal grips. I've got some on my vz. 82 and my Sig P6, and absolutely love them. Really high quality, lots of different types of wood...absolutely worth the money/wait.

That's funny because I ordered grips for my brother's 82 & P6 from them for his birthday. Also I recommend red stain on walnut for the 82. It looks gorgeous.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

Okay, so I'm really close to buying a lightly used Dan Wesson Pointman-7. Anybody have any experience with them? drat fine looking gun, really really smooth action, match barrel and whatnot. Right now it's a toss-up between the DW and an Anshutz .22mag off gunborker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

Okay, so I'm really close to buying a lightly used Dan Wesson Pointman-7. Anybody have any experience with them? drat fine looking gun, really really smooth action, match barrel and whatnot. Right now it's a toss-up between the DW and an Anshutz .22mag off gunborker.

get the DW.

«204 »