Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«204 »
Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

Kommienzuspadt posted:

get the DW.

I went and looked at it again today. They've got two, but the newer one has a lot more wear and tear. The more I handle it, the more I like it.

They said they have a lot of 75 used pistols from an auction coming in tomorrow, but he's not sure what's in it. Since I'm off work, I'm gonna help 'em sort through it and see what's in the mystery crate o' pistols. After that, I may go ahead and grab the DW if there's not anything else interesting there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Just got a call from my FFL and the CZ75 SP-01 I ordered is on its way to the shop

My first 9mm, I haven't even shot a 9mm before

BennyJ
Aug 7, 2003

I'm a left so I'm looking for a CZ85 with the ambidextrous controls, anyone have suggestions of where to look or what is different from the variants (B, Combat, other?). For a lefty is getting an 85 better than just going cheap and buying a 75?

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

ZebraBlade posted:

Just got a call from my FFL and the CZ75 SP-01 I ordered is on its way to the shop

Its my favorite pistol caliber.

Second place would be 45ACP out of a 1911 and third is .357 from a nice big revolver.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Cheapest place for 19 round mec gear mags? http://www.cdnninvestments.coms has them for $30.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

ZebraBlade posted:

...really??

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

CZ rifles are neat rifles

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Gray Stormy posted:

Its my favorite pistol caliber.

Second place would be 45ACP out of a 1911 and third is .357 from a nice big revolver.

Seconding this. Although I want to try .45 ACP out of a SAO 97B.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

BennyJ posted:

I'm a left so I'm looking for a CZ85 with the ambidextrous controls, anyone have suggestions of where to look or what is different from the variants (B, Combat, other?). For a lefty is getting an 85 better than just going cheap and buying a 75?

The Official CZ-USA site lists all their pistol variants.

Another CZ85 question: Is the magazine release reversible? I can drop a magazine with my trigger finger if I have to, but I prefer to use my thumb. Why can't everyone use a USP/PPS-style magazine release? I know some people don't like them, but they're pretty awesome once you get used to them (which doesn't take long).

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

BennyJ posted:

I went with the Combat and can't say I'm disappointed. The factory sights are nice on the B, but it wasn't a huge jump in price going with the Combat so I figured what the hell. I think the only major difference between the B and Combat is the safety. According to cz-usa's site, the B has a firing pin safety stop while the Combat has a hammer safety stop.

Mad Dragon posted:

The Official CZ-USA site lists all their pistol variants.

Another CZ85 question: Is the magazine release reversible? I can drop a magazine with my trigger finger if I have to, but I prefer to use my thumb. Why can't everyone use a USP/PPS-style magazine release? I know some people don't like them, but they're pretty awesome once you get used to them (which doesn't take long).
I don't believe the mag release is reversible, but honestly I have no problems dropping the mag with my middle or trigger fingers. The only thing that made me really want the 85 over the 75 was the safety. It's not like it's a big deal if you're using both hands to shoot, but it's nice to be able to work everything easily single handed.

Oh yeah, here's a pic of my 85 fresh out of the box. I should probably take some new pics now that it's all cleaned up and has a few hundred rounds through it.

Funny E/N story; I got my 85 at the suggestion of TFR, only to find out after my purchase that my gun nut uncle is also a hardcore CZ lover. He called me after he heard second hand through my dad and told me that's the same gun he would have suggested. He's got a 75B and and 85 Combat that he loves to use at the range.

I'm currently debating whether or not I want to go with a P07 for my carry gun. Anyone here tried/own a P07 that would like to weigh in with any lessons learned?

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

NatasDog posted:

I went with the Combat and can't say I'm disappointed. The factory sights are nice on the B, but it wasn't a huge jump in price going with the Combat so I figured what the hell. I think the only major difference between the B and Combat is the safety. According to cz-usa's site, the B has a firing pin safety stop while the Combat has a hammer safety stop.

I don't believe the mag release is reversible, but honestly I have no problems dropping the mag with my middle or trigger fingers. The only thing that made me really want the 85 over the 75 was the safety. It's not like it's a big deal if you're using both hands to shoot, but it's nice to be able to work everything easily single handed.

Oh yeah, here's a pic of my 85 fresh out of the box. I should probably take some new pics now that it's all cleaned up and has a few hundred rounds through it.

Funny E/N story; I got my 85 at the suggestion of TFR, only to find out after my purchase that my gun nut uncle is also a hardcore CZ lover. He called me after he heard second hand through my dad and told me that's the same gun he would have suggested. He's got a 75B and and 85 Combat that he loves to use at the range.

I'm currently debating whether or not I want to go with a P07 for my carry gun. Anyone here tried/own a P07 that would like to weigh in with any lessons learned?

I have heard not impressive things about the P07. Honestly you are probably better served by the P01.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Kommienzuspadt posted:

I have heard not impressive things about the P07. Honestly you are probably better served by the P01.

The P-07 is rear end ugly, too.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

Kommienzuspadt posted:

get the DW.

I did...Crosspostin' from my box thread for some CZ love.

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

Pre-emptive 5 on this thread.

I love my CZ Sp01 Shadow.

I am going to the range tomorrow to shoot it some more

moosepoop fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Oct 3, 2012

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Me trying to be a super cool target shooter with my 453 Varmint:

Did not hit a drat thing.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

CZ75 SP-01 gets to stay at the gun shop for a few weeks. My kitty swallowed a sewing needle today and needed surgery. Good thing the guys at my local shop are cool as gently caress and will hold it for as long as I need.

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful

I love my P-01 and I'm sure another few hundred rounds + incessant dry firing will fix this drat trigger. It's already better than it was.

The downside is after looking at the Shadow I really want one, even though it's pretty much just a larger P-01. drat you, CZ.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Heintron posted:

GF poses. by Heintron, on Flickr

Either she has huge hands or mine are tinier than I thought, because I can't even touch the end of the trigger guard with my finger.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

I did...Crosspostin' from my box thread for some CZ love.

God drat that is the loving sweetest pistol.

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

Bummey posted:

Either she has huge hands or mine are tinier than I thought, because I can't even touch the end of the trigger guard with my finger.

You know what they say about girls with big hands

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Heintron posted:

You know what they say about girls with big hands

They own Glocks?

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

Safety Dance posted:

They own Glocks?

They will break you

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

If anyone does one of those "poor man's trigger jobs" on a 452, test for full sear engagement before you go out. I fiddled with my 452FS with the middle spacer and spring in the kit and the sear would slip and fire the gun if jarred. And not by a lot, either. You can use the very scientific method of bonking a really, really unloaded cocked rifle down on a cushioned chair or something butt-first and seeing if it trips.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Sweet lord, I got to handle a 75 B SA the other day and I see why you guys love them. I was about to jump all over the thing before I saw it was chambered for .40

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

DJExile posted:

Sweet lord, I got to handle a 75 B SA the other day and I see why you guys love them. I was about to jump all over the thing before I saw it was chambered for .40

Pussy I'm a slut for the Short & Weak.

My wife held drat-near every SAO in Kittery before deciding on this one:

Berettas fit my hand better, but I can see why you guys go nuts over these things.

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Butch Cassidy posted:

Berettas fit my hand better, but I can see why you guys go nuts over these things.

Is that an 85 SAO?

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

SadWhaleFamily posted:

Is that an 85 SAO?

Sorry to disappoint, but it is just a 75B SP-01. Shoots like a dream, and the trigger is much lighter/smoother than a standard 75B. Considering that it was almost new and came with night sights, $450 seemed like a pretty good deal.

Scottish_Loser
Aug 3, 2007
3/4 Scottish 1/4 Loser(..errr Swedish)

Yeah I got my CZ-75B from a gun show a ways back. NIB 2 mags out the door for $430. Did I get a good price? Also it has "night sights" (read: glow in the dark after a quick charge with a flashlight) :3

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Scottish_Loser posted:

Yeah I got my CZ-75B from a gun show a ways back. NIB 2 mags out the door for $430. Did I get a good price? Also it has "night sights" (read: glow in the dark after a quick charge with a flashlight) :3

That's a great price.

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

Butch Cassidy posted:

I love these guns, but I can't help thinking I won't be happy with how thin the slide is (vertically). Are you bothered by the relative lack of grip space to actuate the slide (say, compared to a 1911)?

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

Juice posted:

I love these guns, but I can't help thinking I won't be happy with how thin the slide is (vertically). Are you bothered by the relative lack of grip space to actuate the slide (say, compared to a 1911)?

I have never had a problem with this. I have not even though about it until I read your post.

Went shooting today and alternated between an USP and my CZ. The USP felt like a toy compared to the Shadow. Also I did not notice any problem racking the slide in my CZ compared to the USP.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Juice posted:

The size of the slide is actuly one of my favorite parts about them - it makes it very easy to get a high, agressive grip on the gun without getting your fingers pinched. As for how hard it is to rack it...I have fairly large hands, and I've never had any issue with getting a hold of it.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

Juice posted:

During a traffic stop a cop pulled me out of my car and searched me without permission, found my pistol and carry permit. He did not know how to unload the weapon safely, repeatedly asking me where the "thing that goes back" was. He was visibly very upset when I offered to do it for him.

I later got a letter of apology from the Ross Township PD for the incident.

The Item In Question:

Edit: OD is the best D.

N183CS
Feb 20, 2007

MOMS WITH GUNS

CZ rifles use such sexy walnut, it's a shame they use that horrible satin poly on them. Someone should do a nice oiled finish.... oh wait:

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Scottish_Loser posted:

Yes. Don't ask me how much I paid for my 75B, I will literally cry.

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

Juice posted:

I felt the same way. Then I realized that most of the time I actually need to touch the slide, it's already locked back and the surface area is a nonissue. There IS a learning curve, but it's easy to get over.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Exit Strategy posted:

During a traffic stop a cop pulled me out of my car and searched me without permission, found my pistol and carry permit. He did not know how to unload the weapon safely, repeatedly asking me where the "thing that goes back" was. He was visibly very upset when I offered to do it for him.

I later got a letter of apology from the Ross Township PD for the incident.

The Item In Question:

Edit: OD is the best D.

Serves you right for owning a Military Combat Pistol

operation_paperclip
Aug 26, 2010

I finally got a tripod, so now I can fumble my way through taking some photographs. Here are a couple of police surplus CZ pistols. First is a CZ-70, which was basically a slightly updated CZ-50. Its magazine holds 8 rounds of the formidable .32 acp cartridge. Despite its all-steel construction, it's not very fun to shoot, as it has a truly abysmal trigger pull, even in single action. The trigger itself has helpful grooves that dig into your finger as it struggles through the twenty-pound pull, causing you to question whether or not you actually want to fire it at all. I may be exaggerating slightly, but it really does have a terrible trigger. The grips are also somewhat uncomfortable and the direct blowback action gives it some snappy recoil.

Next is a CZ-83, also chambered in .32 acp. This is a rare chambering for this pistol, as the vast majority of CZ-83s imported are chambered in .380, while the milsurp CZ-82s are chambered in 9x18 Makarov. Its magazine capacity is 15 rounds (the .380 and 9mm Makarov magazines hold 12 rounds). Unlike its predecessor, this pistol has an amazing trigger in either single- or double-action, very comfortable grips, and large ambidextrous controls. The only drawbacks are lack of a decocker and a slightly wide grip profile due to the double-stack magazine.

I'd definitely recommend getting a CZ-82 or 83. Lots of po-surp 83s in .380 have been imported recently, and they don't cost much more than the milsurp 82s. Sadly, they are not C&R eligible like their martial brethren.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

operation_paperclip posted:

cz-70 trigger nightmare.

This guy isn't kidding. The most accurate comparison I can think of is a Nagant revolver, except the SA pull on a Nagant is decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

operation_paperclip posted:

CZ pistols

Hey, don't you also have a CZ rifle of some kind that I would surely, certainly like to see pictures of?

«204 »