Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«204 »
22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Also sexism, religious bias, jingoism, and so on. Don't do it, people!

Dogs, don't do it either, even if the police man really tries to train you to do it.

The nice part about that guide is that a lot of it is transferrable in general to different guns, the shape of things and how they engage is different but the general parts that matter are the same. I still need to get my TZ-99's hammer back in (this loving spring has to be well north of 20lbs and compresses about 30% at rest) and do polishing with polishing compound but everything seems a lot smoother on it even with just 1200 grit to everywhere that moves and contacts another piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Dogs, don't do it either, even if the police man really tries to train you to do it.

Double posting because I'm just that cool. I hit the parts with cheap white polishing compound from HF today, the parts I sanded first feel like glass. I didn't sand the sear parts because I was worried about removing too much material so I just hit them with the polishing compound briefly, they're still very smooth, just not quite as smooth. Highly recommend it. Now I just need to find a 48.25mm hammer spring.

sarr
Mar 24, 2008

Praise the Sun!

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Double posting because I'm just that cool. I hit the parts with cheap white polishing compound from HF today, the parts I sanded first feel like glass. I didn't sand the sear parts because I was worried about removing too much material so I just hit them with the polishing compound briefly, they're still very smooth, just not quite as smooth. Highly recommend it. Now I just need to find a 48.25mm hammer spring.

I ordered some 3M polishing paper, gonna give it a go!

What is different with a 48.25mm hammer spring?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Hammer springs for different guns are different lengths. If you have too much extra length on a spring you get stacking or might not even be able to pull the trigger in extreme examples as the spring can completely compress before the hammer reaches the fully cocked position. Too little length and you risk light strikes or in extreme cases not even having the pressure to drop the hammer.

The CZ springs are roughly 62mm, the one on this other gun I'm working on is 48. They're both almost exactly the same OD and ID though.

MrBusiness
Jan 19, 2016

This thread on the Brian Enos forums is the best guide to CZ polishing I've found and references the previously-posted thread too.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

Some triggered, fragile boy in TFR keeps buying Numlock avatars, because Numlock said Nazis are bad.

Spending money to delete anti-Nazi avatars to trigger the libs.

Get well, Lowtax.

Just got my call from Cajun, my gun is comming home!

Been a while but I sent my gun in right before thanksgiving.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

MrBusiness posted:

This thread on the Brian Enos forums is the best guide to CZ polishing I've found and references the previously-posted thread too.

I heard Brian Enos has a new album out, "Music for Gasports".

What? It says 'terrible puns' in the thread title!

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Is there a guide to cleaning up the Omega trigger like there is for the conventional one? It would be kind of weird if there wasn't considering that the guy who wrote that first guide is the owner of CGW, which was the first shop to do real work on them. I might be helping my friend with his, trying to convince him to get the ultralite kit and the reduced power TRS as well. Those two parts combined with the polish job seem like the biggest thing for reducing trigger pull, maybe a short reset kit could help with that as well if he wants to shorten the reset.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

repost from wrong thread lol

Hey y'all,

I forgot the number for the .308 bolt action that is box, not magazine fed and iron sited. I thought CZ is coming out with one or one did come out this year. Any ideas?

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

CZ did a rifle for the Canadian Ranger trial that tikka/colt won. 557 Ranger what you are looking for?

Yond Cassius
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

ThinkFear posted:

CZ did a rifle for the Canadian Ranger trial that tikka/colt won. 557 Ranger what you are looking for?

The 557 Ranger is mag-fed, so that wouldn't be it.
The 557 Carbine would have fit the bill.

Unfortunately neither is readily available right now, though you might be able to find some old stock with some hunting.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Thank you, the 557 will be what I'll keep my eye out for it.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

We all got it coming, kid

Got some Scorp pmags today after fearing they got lost in the postal system, these are so much better than the factory mags holy poo poo

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

That reminds me I have one but never even opened it. At least I haven't had any feed lips crack open my original ones (yet?)

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Capn Beeb posted:

Got some Scorp pmags today after fearing they got lost in the postal system, these are so much better than the factory mags holy poo poo

My Magpul mags wont feed hollow points or the flat point bullets I load so they are completely useless to me.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

ZebraBlade posted:

My Magpul mags wont feed hollow points or the flat point bullets I load so they are completely useless to me.

Well that blows, dang

Longhair
Dec 19, 2005
*SLAM* BITCH!

Capn Beeb posted:

Have 2 inbound and have heard mostly good things so far. The 2 20-rounders from CZ that came with mine are fully functional. I also got 2 of the Manticore 32 rounders with steel feed lips and those have been flawless, but are now hard to find, so I was happy to see Magpul jumped in, and hope they are as good as their AR mags. Will have to test them with different ammo I guess. The Manticore mags have been fine with everything I've put in them, from several brands of 115gr ball both brass and aluminum cases to Federal HST JHPs in 124gr +p and 147gr, as well as some kinda funky IWI 115gr Di-cut JHPs that were cheap at Midway a while ago.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

The PSA mags are the best Evo mags I have found, but you gotta order them from PSA soooooooo use a one-time use card

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

Recently bought a CZ 75BD as my first center fire gun - I love basically everything about it except the grips. Im thinking wooden grips - anyone have a go-to source I should check out?

great_heron
Oct 1, 2011

Sarrisan posted:

Recently bought a CZ 75BD as my first center fire gun - I love basically everything about it except the grips. Im thinking wooden grips - anyone have a go-to source I should check out?

I am in a similar boat, actually, I have a pre-B transitional that I bought as my first handgun like 9 years ago now. I was looking at CZ Custom and Hogue and I like what they offer.

MrBusiness
Jan 19, 2016

http://us.nill-shop.com/Replacement...5-Kadet-Rhomlas

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

Those options look pretty nice. Thanks for the suggestions!

loud-bob
Feb 11, 2004

AHHHHHHHH

I bought a p-10c the supressor ready model. I loving love it. I thought it would be like a glock 19 but its almost the same size as my glock 17.

Shot about 250 rounds today and the trigger is very good for a striker fired pistol. Only thing is my hand got tore up. The grip is sharp.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

loud-bob posted:

I bought a p-10c the supressor ready model. I loving love it. I thought it would be like a glock 19 but its almost the same size as my glock 17.

Shot about 250 rounds today and the trigger is very good for a striker fired pistol. Only thing is my hand got tore up. The grip is sharp.

Yeah the grip is absurdly aggressive and why I got rid of mine. I know I could use gloves but aint got no time for that. Assuming everything else was just perfect for me on the gun, I suppose it might be worth taking some sand paper to it and knocking down the checkering a bit.

Azuren
Jul 15, 2001

TECH SUPPROT!!!11~~

Looking for advice, trying to help my wife pick out a first handgun for her. Showed her my CZ SP-01, G19, 1911, and a Tokarev to see what fit the best in her hand, and she likes the CZ the best.

Full-sized
Non-steel frame (the SP-01 was a bit too heavy)
9x19mm
Ambi safety (she's a lefty)
Front rail to mount a light
Ability to mount a red dot on the slide

After perusing CZ's site, I'm think I'm looking at either the P-09, or the P-10 F optic cut. Anyone have experience with both and the pros/cons, or any other models I'm not seeing or should consider? Big difference I'm seeing is the P-09 is hammer-fired and would need to be milled for an optic, P-10 is striker-fired and comes cut for an optic, but posters are saying the grip is uncomfortable?

Oh poo poo, just saw the SP-01 Phantom... That might be the one right there. Of the three, what do you guys think?

E: Looks like the Phantom only comes with a decocker. Not a deal breaker, but can you convert it to ambi safety, or is that not possible?

Azuren fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 20, 2020

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

The internals of the decocker CZs are completely different from the safety ones, excluding the Omega trigger models that can be converted.

Flatland Crusoe
Jan 12, 2011

Great White Hunter
Master Race

Let me explain why I'm better than you

DeesGrandpa posted:

Yeah the grip is absurdly aggressive and why I got rid of mine. I know I could use gloves but aint got no time for that. Assuming everything else was just perfect for me on the gun, I suppose it might be worth taking some sand paper to it and knocking down the checkering a bit.

I had a P10c for a while too. I felt like it was one of the best striker fired sort of compact pistols out there but the grip was a turn off for some people. I didnít mind it and it was nice in the rain.

The trigger was good, the ambi magazine release was too stiff really and the close the slide on a full mag trick was a novelty but a training distraction.

The stock sights were better than a Glock but it was also 3-4 oz heavier than a G19. The trigger reset was really good and it hosed steel targets at close range quite well. The magazines were super stiff to load and required a maglula. I can load a Glock or Sig magazine without that tool fairly easily.

Ultimately it was a silly gun for me because it was too big for skinny me to carry and I have my beloved full sized pistols for home and woods guns.

Ultimately it suffered from being another boringly good plastic pistol but without the accessory support of a G19 or even a Sig 320/S&W M&P.

The P10ís are cheaper to buy initially but they have a very soft used value despite being a good gun.

Azuren
Jul 15, 2001

TECH SUPPROT!!!11~~

How's the grip angle on the P-09? Does it point/fit the hand like the traditional steel-framed CZs?

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

Can anybody drop me a list of the recommended Scorpion mods? I tried going back through and finding one but no luck.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

HBI trigger spring kit and LH safety delete/RH AK style safety are both must haves to me. Magpul or Yetiwurks grip on a pistol is really nice. Extended mag release with the HK style tab is also a good upgrade. Midwest Industries makes a replacement hand guard that is Mlok instead of pic rail.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Just build this basically

$225 in lead we trust Barrel & Trunnion
$130 Midwest industries hand guard
$223 SB tactical CZPDW Brace
$50 HBI safety (right & left)
$9 HBI trigger spring
$30 HBI mag release
$35 HBI charging handle
$24 Apex pistol grip
$26 Parker Mountain QD mount
$75 Magpul QD 3pt sling
$20 Magpul M lok hand stop
$85 Crimson Trace 500 lumen flashlight
$74 CZ Customs RMR mount
$600 Trijicon RMR

Please donít anyone add that up and tell me the total

beanieson fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Apr 12, 2020

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Thanks, you just reminded me to put the rmr I got in a 2 for 1 deal with a prism mount on mine:

HB industries trigger spring
Theta forward trigger

Those two and a little polishing make the trigger WAY better

Apex grip = more natural grip angle

Magpul mag release, more leverage, easier to use with a finger

Pmm qd sling cups

Magpul vfg

Burris rmr

I love the CZ stock folding stock

large hands fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Apr 13, 2020

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Front to rear:

Dead Air Ghost-M
HKParts 3 lug mount on the factory 18x1 () threads
Midwest Industries handguard
*Manticore Arms fixed charging handle
Magpul mlok handstop kit
Vickers One Sling
HBI magazine release
Apex grip
Factory left hand safety, right side HBI mini AK safety lever
Parker Mountain QD sling mount

The PA advanced micro dot is sitting on an ADM quick release lever though that's currently on my Marlin

*Was cleaning it the other night when one of the two roll pins that holds the charging handle on the rod came out. Went back in easy enough, but I noticed they were both surprisingly small and loose in their holes. Emailed Manticore about it, not heard back yet

I still want to track down an OD green stock though, only seen a picture of one out in the wild and someone here talked to a CZ rep and even they didn't know they made one, mystery stock!

Edit:

Manticore got back to me, they're replacing the charging handle sight unseen, nice

Capn Beeb fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 13, 2020

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Got the replacement handle today and uhh yeah I'd say my suspicions were right

Original Manticore charging handle on the right, note that the roll pins are closed and barely fill their holes whereas the pins on the new handle are expanded and nestled nicely in place. Just swapping the handles out the pins on the original fell loose enough that the handle could be removed At least Manticore replaced it sight unseen

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

Looking for an aftermarket magwell for my recently acquired sp-01. Like tactically flared not racegun flared.

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer

Super 3 posted:

Looking for an aftermarket magwell for my recently acquired sp-01. Like tactically flared not racegun flared.

Armory Craft makes one, if you end up going that way PM me, I got a 10$ off coupon that came with my baseplates.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

Marvin K. Mooney posted:

Armory Craft makes one, if you end up going that way PM me, I got a 10$ off coupon that came with my baseplates.

Thanks i'll do that.

Additional questions CZ barrels require fitting. I watched a few videos and it doesn't seem that complicated, wanted to check in to see what opinions are here?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Most of them should be drop in unless youíre getting a kkm match fit or something

Azuren
Jul 15, 2001

TECH SUPPROT!!!11~~

Anyone have experience getting a CZ slide milled for an optic? Looking at slapping an SRO on a P-09, specifically. I know Cajun Gun Works and CZ Custom both do it, along with other places I'm not familiar with. Just wondering who does the best work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Azuren posted:

Anyone have experience getting a CZ slide milled for an optic? Looking at slapping an SRO on a P-09, specifically. I know Cajun Gun Works and CZ Custom both do it, along with other places I'm not familiar with. Just wondering who does the best work.

Primary Machine also will cut CZ slides, they did a fantastic job on my P07

«204 »