Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«204 »
Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

ZebraBlade posted:

Primary Machine also will cut CZ slides, they did a fantastic job on my P07

Primary Machine did my Shadow 2. They really do a good job.

Edit: They did a black nitride coating on mine too. It matches the stock coating perfectly.

Trillhouse fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Apr 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer

Primary Machine did my P10C as well, they also cerakote the slide afterwards. Quick turnaround.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

Some triggered, fragile boy in TFR keeps buying Numlock avatars, because Numlock said Nazis are bad.

Spending money to delete anti-Nazi avatars to trigger the libs.

Get well, Lowtax.

Will any of them also sell a blank plate to fill the cut left by the slide in case I decide not to run the optic or it breaks and I do t have a replacement?

If it was a glock Iíd probably not care since itís easy to get replacement slides but for my p07 Iíd rather have a fall back option.

Azuren
Jul 15, 2001

TECH SUPPROT!!!11~~

Three votes for Primary Machine, I'll check them out. What do you folks think about milling rear irons for cowitness in front of vs behind the optic? I gather in front of is the new trend, but I'd think behind the optic would be superior for greater sight radius, unless they're so crowded that it impacts the structural integrity of the slide or something (??? oh god it's me I'm the fudd now aren't I)

Flatland Crusoe
Jan 12, 2011

Great White Hunter
Master Race

Let me explain why I'm better than you

Numlock posted:

Will any of them also sell a blank plate to fill the cut left by the slide in case I decide not to run the optic or it breaks and I do t have a replacement?

If it was a glock Iíd probably not care since itís easy to get replacement slides but for my p07 Iíd rather have a fall back option.

Iíve seen them offered as an option at the time as doing the optics cut and being proprietary to a given optics cut manufacturer. A generic one doesnít really work because of variable gun depth and slide top and side geometry. If you value the cover pick an optics cut guy who will supply one.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Azuren posted:

Anyone have experience getting a CZ slide milled for an optic? Looking at slapping an SRO on a P-09, specifically. I know Cajun Gun Works and CZ Custom both do it, along with other places I'm not familiar with. Just wondering who does the best work.

Primary Machine and Fire-4-Effect also do great work and both will likely have half the lead time of CGW or CZC who always take 4-10 weeks.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

I'm gonna be picking up a P-01 soon, with the intention of using it to get my CCW after/if this covid mess is over. With that in mind, anyone have recommendations for a good AIWB holster that accepts a pistol with a TLR7 or other light? I've been googling around but its a mess.

BadgerMan45
Dec 30, 2009

Sarrisan posted:

I'm gonna be picking up a P-01 soon, with the intention of using it to get my CCW after/if this covid mess is over. With that in mind, anyone have recommendations for a good AIWB holster that accepts a pistol with a TLR7 or other light? I've been googling around but its a mess.

I'm a big fan of JM custom kydex for AIWB holsters, they only offer a lightbearing holster for the P-01 with the XC-1 it looks like, but he may take a request for a TLR-7.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Also sexism, religious bias, jingoism, and so on. Don't do it, people!

Dogs, don't do it either, even if the police man really tries to train you to do it.

Has anyone ever build a vz.58? What tools do you need? I assume with the age of the design it requires a press?

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

Don't let Lowtax go down with the ship. Do your part for these dead gay forums.

It uses a pressed and pinned barrel like a stamped AK, so yeah.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Dogs, don't do it either, even if the police man really tries to train you to do it.

Anyone have any recommendations for a replacement guide rod for my SP-01? I noticed mine is bending last time I took it apart.

Also, if a plastic guide rod is bending, does that indicate I need a stiffer recoil spring? I'm not sure what the PO put in this one, but I wouldn't be surprised if he put a lighter one in because he was using handloads for competition and I'm shooting NATO-pressure ammo for the most part.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Anyone have any recommendations for a replacement guide rod for my SP-01? I noticed mine is bending last time I took it apart.

Also, if a plastic guide rod is bending, does that indicate I need a stiffer recoil spring? I'm not sure what the PO put in this one, but I wouldn't be surprised if he put a lighter one in because he was using handloads for competition and I'm shooting NATO-pressure ammo for the most part.

I've been using this one:
https://cajungunworks.com/product/7...s-full-size-cz/

Can't speak to the rod bending, but it's super common for people to put in the lightest spring possible on these. I dropped mine to 14# from the stock 17-18#, just to make racking the slide easier as it was on the edge of difficult for me with the stock spring.

The stock Sp-01 spring was a flat wire spring, and the replacements are mostly music wire. Cajun has a color breakdown for their springs.
https://cajungunworks.com/product/10rs-recoil-spring/

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Yeah, IIRC mine has some remnants of yellow paint on it, so it must be the 11lb. I was going to order some stuff from CGW anyway, guess I'll pick up a guide rod and a 13lb spring.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

Slightly modernized my Sphinx Grandmaster

Switched from the 30mm tube red dot bullseye set up:

to a Primary Arms Advanced Micro using a DAA mount

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

So I picked up my advertised-as-new P-01 today - feels great and can't wait to shoot it; however, there were a couple oddities:

- The included mags are Mecgar 15-round mags, not the OEM 14-rounders. Certainly not complaining, but was surprised nonetheless.

- The recoil spring is green - is this standard?

I opened it up and as far as I can tell it's in pristine condition, so I'm a happy camper either way, but I thought these things were weird.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Check out my hot takes because I'm a straight white male

Yeah, I'm pretty sure my P-01 that I bought like a decade ago has a green recoil spring.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Hey all, I'm pretty set on getting a CZ 75 now that I got a great deal on a Kadet .22LR conversion kit from A Real Hologram.

I started bidding on Gunbroker on a new-old stock pre-B from 1991, but wasn't willing to go as high as someone else was and it got away.

Just as well, since I should have asked actual CZ 75 owners stuff I need to know, like:

- is there any good reason (beyond wanting the pistol to say "Czechoslovakia" on it) to get a pre-B model?

- do the different features of the B, BD, and Omega make them shoot any different?

- refinished 75 pre-B pistols seem to be available pretty cheaply (e.g. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/863811434) but are there potential pitfalls to buying one of these?

- are the stainless versions worth getting for any reason other than looks? (and is that worth the $150-200 premium?)

- what's a reasonable price to pay for a new 75 B, BD, or Omega?

Jehde
Apr 20, 2010

Who protects?

Grimey Drawer

Apollodorus posted:

Hey all, I'm pretty set on getting a CZ 75 now that I got a great deal on a Kadet .22LR conversion kit from A Real Hologram.

I started bidding on Gunbroker on a new-old stock pre-B from 1991, but wasn't willing to go as high as someone else was and it got away.

Just as well, since I should have asked actual CZ 75 owners stuff I need to know, like:

- is there any good reason (beyond wanting the pistol to say "Czechoslovakia" on it) to get a pre-B model?

- do the different features of the B, BD, and Omega make them shoot any different?

- refinished 75 pre-B pistols seem to be available pretty cheaply (e.g. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/863811434) but are there potential pitfalls to buying one of these?

- are the stainless versions worth getting for any reason other than looks? (and is that worth the $150-200 premium?)

- what's a reasonable price to pay for a new 75 B, BD, or Omega?

Congrats on the deal!

• Not really, it's mainly hipster cool points. There are some nuances with how the trigger works which leads to...

• The B stands for the firing pin block and my understanding is this always has an effect (although minimal) on the trigger. BD has a decocker instead of safety, I don't think there's any difference other than that, and the Omega is an updated spring system from what I know isn't as good as old triggers, but easier to tune?

• Can't see any reason a refinish wouldn't shoot well, unless it's a real bad job that messes with the rails or something.

• Stainless is theoretically more rust resistant if you live in a very humid area, but again it's mainly cool points.

• This I can't speak to as I don't know the US market, however...

I would recommend looking to police surplus as well, you can find some deals there. But again I'm not sure about the availability on the US market.

Something to note about Kadet kits: They are pretty widely compatible with the CZ 75 platform, however supposedly not completely. I have heard that some very old pre-Bs have wider hammers, which don't fit in the relatively narrow Kadet kit channel. Also, I have heard of some magazine well compatibility issues with pre-Bs, where the Kadet mags won't fit. However, my Kadet Kit 2 has no problems mating to my mid-80s pre-B, so YMMV.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 7, 2020

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Oh yeah it looks like the pre-B models are not a sure thing to work with the Kadet. Good thing I didnít bid that one up, then!

So, uh, between the matte and the polished stainless 75 B options, which should I go for?

This looks like a matte model thatís had its sides polished or brushed a bit:

Yond Cassius
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Apollodorus posted:

Oh yeah it looks like the pre-B models are not a sure thing to work with the Kadet. Good thing I didnít bid that one up, then!

So, uh, between the matte and the polished stainless 75 B options, which should I go for?

This looks like a matte model thatís had its sides polished or brushed a bit:

That's actually a factory version with polished flats, but it's been long, long discontinued - I want to say they were around in 2012-2013. I've been watching to see if one comes up for years.

I'd say your choice depends on what you want to do with it; a polished finish is going to take some babying and will start showing wear fast if you decide to use it as a carry or hard-use range-games gun (which, in turn, might be a selling point if you like the wabi-sabi). Either way, do it soon; I understand both stainless versions were discontinued last year.

Quickshanks
Oct 3, 2011

So damned good.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/867210977

Is this blued or coated? I feel like the Jericho might be one of the top ten pistols that would be made a thing of beauty by the addition of a high gloss blue.

edit: nevermind. Should probably have looked at it on a bigger screen than my phone before asking that.

Quickshanks fucked around with this message at 07:35 on May 12, 2020

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Should I buy a CZ Bren 2 carbine? Price is in the wheelhouse (around $2000), but trying to justify over an LWRC AR of similar price. I live in MD so I'm limited in what semi auto rifles I can buy.

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Should I buy a CZ Bren 2 carbine?

yes

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Yond Cassius posted:

Either way, do it soon; I understand both stainless versions were discontinued last year.

Hm so if there were a stainless lightly-used/like-new 75 B available for $650 that might be a good thing to jump on, yeah?

Yond Cassius
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Apollodorus posted:

Hm so if there were a stainless lightly-used/like-new 75 B available for $650 that might be a good thing to jump on, yeah?

That's not a "must-buy" deal, but it's very far from bad. New ones are going for $700-750 right now if you're good at shopping, but I bet you'll be lucky to find $800 by the end of the year, and the used prices will go up with them.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

750 for a used cz 75 sucks lol. If you're gonna put the kadet kit on it then why would you want a clear stainless model, it'll look like trash.

Here's a brand new stainless one from a reputable source for less than 750: https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/c...less-91128.html

And the standard model: https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/c...coat-91102.html

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

It was 650, not 750. Actually 650 was the buy now price, itís an auction with no reserve.

And yeah...I think Iíll just go for the regular black kind to work with the Kadet and spend the savings on upgrades.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

I create

I need a little advice regarding the p-01. I currently own a sp-01 and, given how well I shoot it, it makes sense to purchase its little sibling. Unfortunately, no LGS has one in stock.

My concern is with the beaver tail. I use a very high grip, as high as I can manage, and press very hard. I once owned an 85 combat which I sold because the flat beaver tail bruised the webbing of my hand. I can't tell from pictures, but the tail of the p-01 seems much flatter than the sp-01. Has it been relieved, at least?

I know I can always resell it, but I would appreciate any feedback.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Yond Cassius posted:

That's actually a factory version with polished flats, but it's been long, long discontinued - I want to say they were around in 2012-2013. I've been watching to see if one comes up for years.

I think I found one: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/868696701

Yond Cassius
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Oh shoot! Thank you; I'll have to keep an eye on that. They really didn't make it easy to find, did they?

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Yeah, no indication at all in the listing. Weird...I'd think I would try to draw more attention to an $850+ gun if I were trying to sell it.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Does anyone here have a CZ 75 SA? They're out of production now but there are a few floating around for sale, and I'm seriously thinking that may be the right way to go if I want to do target shooting (either with the regular 9mm slide or the Kadet) given that I don't plan to carry. I'd be eager to hear if you have any recommendations for or against getting one.

ronaldreagan
Mar 25, 2005

I have a CZ-75B SA, one of the few guns that I bought new. I also have a regular CZ-75B, a PCR, a compact .40 lower half and a kadet upper so I have a fair amount of comparison against other CZs.

It's a nice gun, however it isn't really outstanding compared to a regular CZ-75B. I do like the flat trigger and bigger safety, they are small but noticeable differences. The longer beavertail and fuller slide width look nice but to me they don't make any difference.

When it comes down to the actual trigger pull the SA is good but, as I said, not outstanding. I bought my regular CZ-75B well used and that gave it just as good of a single action trigger as the new SA. Now you can make some pretty significant improvements with the custom hammer, sear, springs, firing pin block removal, etc but if you're doing all that it hardly matters what gun you're starting with. Since I removed the FPB and put a race hammer & sear in the CZ-75B it now has a better single action trigger than the CZ-75B SA. I suspect the SA still will improve a bit as I shoot it more but I doubt it will ever be as good as using the custom parts.

Standard 75B on the left, SA on the right

The kadet should work fine on either, for some reason it hasn't been locking back on my SA but I haven't bothered to look into it yet.

Most of the time my kadet lives on the PCR lower, the PCR upper lives on the compact .40 lower, the 75B SA stays in the safe and the well used workhorse 75B comes to the range every time.

BadgerMan45
Dec 30, 2009

Apollodorus posted:

Does anyone here have a CZ 75 SA? They're out of production now but there are a few floating around for sale, and I'm seriously thinking that may be the right way to go if I want to do target shooting (either with the regular 9mm slide or the Kadet) given that I don't plan to carry. I'd be eager to hear if you have any recommendations for or against getting one.

I concur with what ronaldreagan said, I wouldn't bother with the SA especially since you may end up paying a premium. You'll end up with a better trigger if you do the SAO conversion on a 75 yourself and upgrade the hammer and some other parts as well. I went that route some years ago and like it much better than the factory SA I handled. Just make sure you don't buy an Omega version, as apparently that is nearly impossible to convert to SAO. Another thing to consider when buying a 75 for this conversion is if you want to spring for one of the frames with a higher/longer beavertail than the standard 75.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Yeah everything Iíve read elsewhere suggests the Omega is just not what I want.

I really like DIY projects, and after building my first AR with no issues I think Iíd enjoy tinkering with a pistol as well. I imagine itís a more complex proposition to work on a CZ trigger than an AR (making an analogy between working on laptops vs desktops, maybe?) but if a regular 75 B can be modded effectively then I guess thereís no reason to spend too much time looking for an SA version when the Bís are easy to find.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Everyone who has ever worked on a cz trigger in a non professional basis has cursed the day they ever thought about doing it

Cz triggers are one of those things you pay to get done, or you pay for the tools to do it without killing everyone around you, and possibly ALSO paying for someone to do it.

Cz disassembly is not fun is what I'm told

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

I did a complete trigger kit on my Shadow 2 which involved taking it completely apart. There's a few good guides on the internet, plus youtube. But it was a huge pain in the rear end and there are some tiny parts that pop out and you're like "what the hell is this thing? is it broken?" but its just the safety detent and the guide didn't tell you to expect it to pop out. If you do go through with it, get a good steel bench block and a set of punches. I'm not extraordinary gifted when it comes to poo poo like that but I figured it out in the end and it was rewarding to see it go from gun, to frame and a pile of gun parts, to working gun again. The middle stage is terrifying a little though.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

I did the full replacement of the Cajun trigger on my P07 and it was fine (except the decocker spring which was a massive bitch to reinstall). Watch a video on taking apart and reassembly and its really pretty easy.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Roundboy posted:

Everyone who has ever worked on a cz trigger in a non professional basis has cursed the day they ever thought about doing it

Cz triggers are one of those things you pay to get done, or you pay for the tools to do it without killing everyone around you, and possibly ALSO paying for someone to do it.

Cz disassembly is not fun is what I'm told

Ah, so, my desktop vs laptop analogy was even MORE accurate than I supposed.

I'm seeing (lightly) used 75 SAs for about the same price as new Omegas and BDs, i.e. mid-$500s, but maybe a new gun with warranty is just a smarter idea in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nomyth
Mar 15, 2013

And if a Nyto get a attitude
Pop it like it's hot
Pop it like it's hot
Pop it like it's hot

Bought this lovely little number earlier this week, waiting to get the okay from the FFL to take it home tomorrow. It's a refinished trade-in-- very impressed with the stock trigger and I can't believe something this cool can exist when I just intended to practice with it while my 9x19 stock was dried up.

(yes i know it's cocked with safety off, I didn't think about that when taking the pic but made sure to check that it was empty twice and pointed in a safe direction etc.)

«204 »