Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

my kinda ape posted:

https://shop.cz-usa.com/cz-products/rifles/457-barrel-sets.html?p=1&product_list_limit=all

Looks like they sell 24 inch American and Lux style, as well as 20 inch Varmint (heavy barrel) style. You can get the Varmint style in either unthreaded or threaded.

I think the Lux has a front iron sight so unless you love the look or already have a Lux then you wanna go with the American or Varmint. I'm not sure if the extra 4" of barrel will add any extra velocity for such a small cartridge (look it up to be sure) and if it doesn't then it's just going to be in the way with no purpose but aesthetics on a rifle without iron sights. So I'd probably go with the Varmint. I'd also probably spend the extra $10 for the threaded barrel in case you ever decide to get a suppressor. Even if you know you'll never get a suppressor it's probably worth more than $10 in increased resale value if you ever sell the gun. It'll cost a lot more to get the barrel threaded after the fact if you get the unthreaded barrel and change your mind down the road.

Fabulous! I'm glad I can get them straight from CZ. I assume it'll come with the magazine and hex wrenches like the combo does? The listings are pretty blank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK

Oven Wrangler

Lumbermouth posted:

Fabulous! I'm glad I can get them straight from CZ. I assume it'll come with the magazine and hex wrenches like the combo does? The listings are pretty blank.

I ordered a 22WMR barrel from them a couple months ago and it definitely came with a magazine, not sure if it came with hex wrenches but I think it did?

If you are just getting into guns then I highly suggest something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008HYVG6I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And a Wheeler FAT Wrench adjustable torque wrench (or similar).

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

my kinda ape posted:

I ordered a 22WMR barrel from them a couple months ago and it definitely came with a magazine, not sure if it came with hex wrenches but I think it did?

If you are just getting into guns then I highly suggest something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008HYVG6I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And a Wheeler FAT Wrench adjustable torque wrench (or similar).

Thanks so much for your help!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

ZebraBlade posted:

I want one but drat is it hard to justify $115+ for a 50rd mag when 35rd mags are readily available for $14-$17

Plus you can do 50rds like this for under $30

but lol long

Havenít tried it yet but here it is in the beast.

Nomyth
Mar 15, 2013

And if a Nyto get a attitude
Pop it like it's hot
Pop it like it's hot
Pop it like it's hot

cute space blaster

the drum doesn't look fun to reach around though

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

It's honestly really fun to shoot now that I figured out the weird ejection issue I was having at first. Like I said I haven't shot the drum yet but it doesn't feel too in the way when I shoulder the gun. Definitely more obtrusive than a regular stick mag but not horrible.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Hey I want to upgrade my 75B trigger, and I understand that Cajun Gun Works and CZ Customs are the two go-to options. Iím wary of sending anything away in the mail right now, especially a serialized firearm, and Iím seriously thinking of buying the CGW kit and installing it myself.

Is this a terrible idea? Iíve built two ARs and done work on my 10/22s without any issues, but I donít want to bite off more than I can chew here.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Apollodorus posted:

Hey I want to upgrade my 75B trigger, and I understand that Cajun Gun Works and CZ Customs are the two go-to options. I’m wary of sending anything away in the mail right now, especially a serialized firearm, and I’m seriously thinking of buying the CGW kit and installing it myself.

Is this a terrible idea? I’ve built two ARs and done work on my 10/22s without any issues, but I don’t want to bite off more than I can chew here.

It's not as hard as it looks. Straight remove and replace, as every part I've used from either company dropped right into my '99 75B. If you buy from CGW they have all the tools you need right there, minus a hammer. The trigger spring can be a pain to install, so make sure to get the slave pin from CGW or you'll be fighting a punch getting it all back together. There is also one tiny spring for the safety plunger (?) that's easy to loose but difficult to remove, it won't fall or shoot out of the frame accidentally. If you retain double-action, you won't even have parts left over!

Both companies have great customer service and you have maybe five or six people here who have performed the same modifications. If you get stuck, we can deffo help you out.

e: Don't be afraid to mix and match some parts between companies. I've used both the CZC and CGW adjustable triggers with the CGW kit. Maybe keep the hammer and sear from the same maker.

madeintaipei fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jan 14, 2021

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

Apparently CZ wants to buy Colt.

Bring on the CZolts!

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

I Demand Food posted:

Apparently CZ wants to buy Colt.

Bring on the CZolts!

CZ40 anniversary edition, here we gooooo. In 9mm though

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

madeintaipei posted:

CZ40 anniversary edition, here we gooooo. In 9mm though

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Just convince some sheriff's office to buy them, put them on the list. Some of those fuckers were buying 3rd gen S&Ws into the mid-2000s. It shouldn't be a hard sell. Bring liquor. Maybe strippers. Do y'all have Golden Corral?

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Apollodorus posted:

Hey I want to upgrade my 75B trigger, and I understand that Cajun Gun Works and CZ Customs are the two go-to options. Iím wary of sending anything away in the mail right now, especially a serialized firearm, and Iím seriously thinking of buying the CGW kit and installing it myself.

Is this a terrible idea? Iíve built two ARs and done work on my 10/22s without any issues, but I donít want to bite off more than I can chew here.

I've never built an AR, my 10/22 is sitting with a pile of parts taunting me, and I fully cajunized my shadow 2 as the first time I did more than a simple strip for cleaning. You'll be fineeeeee. Just uh, watch youtube videos. I had to hand fit the disconnector in mine too, but it was worth it. I used a sharpie to mark where I was going to grind down, hit it just enough to remove the ink and level the area, then rebuilt, saw if the disconnector would clean, disassemble, repeat. Leave the detents out until you're done as they are massive pains to keep reinstalling/removing. Don't be surprised if it all works, then stops working once you put the slide back on - that just means you're almost there.

Here's how mine ended up: https://imgur.com/a/LsMsZlx
2lb SA pull, 6lb DA, zero creep or overtravel. I've only owned pistols ~6 months before doing that.

Nomyth
Mar 15, 2013

Pop it like it's hot
Pop it like it's hot
Pop it like it's hot

my kinda ape posted:

It's honestly really fun to shoot now that I figured out the weird ejection issue I was having at first. Like I said I haven't shot the drum yet but it doesn't feel too in the way when I shoulder the gun. Definitely more obtrusive than a regular stick mag but not horrible.

Well that's pretty good then

How high does your optic end up sitting from your bore? I'm not familiar with the heights that Manticore Arms (err, CZ but by Manticore) rails use

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Nomyth posted:

Well that's pretty good then

How high does your optic end up sitting from your bore? I'm not familiar with the heights that Manticore Arms (err, CZ but by Manticore) rails use

That's probably the biggest downside of the whole setup, the optic is probably 4-5" above the bore.

Nomyth
Mar 15, 2013

Pop it like it's hot
Pop it like it's hot
Pop it like it's hot

without a riser? Do you still get a cheek weld on that thing or is it more of a chin weld?

chin weld isn't necessarily bad, it makes for a more natural stance imo. zeroing range ends up being pretty different from everyone else though

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

my kinda ape posted:

Haven’t tried it yet but here it is in the beast.

Hey whats that vfg you have on there?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Final Blog Entry posted:

Hey whats that vfg you have on there?

https://a3-tactical-inc.myshopify.c...t=4209324621865

3" knurled grip.

It's pretty nice. My one warning is that the M-Lok screws don't come with threadlocker pre-applied and if you forget to apply it they will come loose from recoil. A3 Tactical quickly shipped me a replacement nut+screw after I lost one though so their customer service is good in my experience. The screw that holds the grip to the base uses a nylock nut so that should stay put on its own.

Nomyth posted:

without a riser? Do you still get a cheek weld on that thing or is it more of a chin weld?

chin weld isn't necessarily bad, it makes for a more natural stance imo. zeroing range ends up being pretty different from everyone else though

The bullpup kit sort of has a riser built in. You don't have to use it but I have it on as you can see in the picture. You still get a decent cheek weld. If I press my cheekbone down all the way the optic is a bit high and the dot ends up near the very bottom of the glass, but if I put it in the middle of my cheek (point of contact lined up with my top row of teeth about) then the dot ends up dead center in the glass.

Top of the rail to the center of the bore is about 2.75" and the center of the bore to the center of the glass on my Romeo8T is a little over 4", maybe 4.2" or so.

IMO it's actually quite ergonomic. The drum mag does make it so you have to hold your arms out a little more compared to the stick mags but it's not bad.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jan 15, 2021

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

my kinda ape posted:

https://a3-tactical-inc.myshopify.c...t=4209324621865

3" knurled grip.

It's pretty nice. My one warning is that the M-Lok screws don't come with threadlocker pre-applied and if you forget to apply it they will come loose from recoil. A3 Tactical quickly shipped me a replacement nut+screw after I lost one though so their customer service is good in my experience. The screw that holds the grip to the base uses a nylock nut so that should stay put on its own.

Thanks, thought it might be that. Been looking at those on and off for my 9mm AR sbr but can't decide which grip attachment to get.

Nomyth
Mar 15, 2013

Pop it like it's hot
Pop it like it's hot
Pop it like it's hot

my kinda ape posted:

The bullpup kit sort of has a riser built in. You don't have to use it but I have it on as you can see in the picture. You still get a decent cheek weld. If I press my cheekbone down all the way the optic is a bit high and the dot ends up near the very bottom of the glass, but if I put it in the middle of my cheek (point of contact lined up with my top row of teeth about) then the dot ends up dead center in the glass.

Top of the rail to the center of the bore is about 2.75" and the center of the bore to the center of the glass on my Romeo8T is a little over 4", maybe 4.2" or so.

IMO it's actually quite ergonomic. The drum mag does make it so you have to hold your arms out a little more compared to the stick mags but it's not bad.

a little over 4" seems fine

i wish red dot design trends looked at that height more for hold-over points of aim, competition courses have a lot of <20 yard shots and not a lot of reticles help out with point of impact being 50+ MOA below point of aim

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

madeintaipei posted:

It's not as hard as it looks. Straight remove and replace, as every part I've used from either company dropped right into my '99 75B. If you buy from CGW they have all the tools you need right there, minus a hammer. The trigger spring can be a pain to install, so make sure to get the slave pin from CGW or you'll be fighting a punch getting it all back together. There is also one tiny spring for the safety plunger (?) that's easy to loose but difficult to remove, it won't fall or shoot out of the frame accidentally. If you retain double-action, you won't even have parts left over!

Both companies have great customer service and you have maybe five or six people here who have performed the same modifications. If you get stuck, we can deffo help you out.

e: Don't be afraid to mix and match some parts between companies. I've used both the CZC and CGW adjustable triggers with the CGW kit. Maybe keep the hammer and sear from the same maker.

Super helpful, thanks! But whatís the slave pin you refer to?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Apollodorus posted:

Super helpful, thanks! But what’s the slave pin you refer to?

"The trigger system takes a slave pin for reassembly. A slave pin is a pin of the same diameter as the original but shorter such that the assembly can be made outside of the gun, slipped into the gun as an assembly, and the original pin inserted to push out the slave pin. It makes the CZ75B easy to reassemble."

It's the little one here at CGW.

The pin holding the trigger in and it's spring in the right place goes straight through the frame, which makes it difficult to get everything lined up, fiddling around inside the gun. Being able to have the round spring half-mounted (under no pressure but in the correct place) and the trigger bar connected to the trigger makes positioning everything easier in the frame.

madeintaipei fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jan 16, 2021

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Magpul Scorpion drum ran flawlessly on Saturday. The two stick mags I emptied each had 1-2 failure to feeds although I think that's a problem with the gun.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

my kinda ape posted:

Magpul Scorpion drum ran flawlessly on Saturday. The two stick mags I emptied each had 1-2 failure to feeds although I think that's a problem with the gun.

What stick mags? I had lots of problems with the Magpul 35rd Evo mags.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

ZebraBlade posted:

What stick mags? I had lots of problems with the Magpul 35rd Evo mags.

One was magpul and the other was Manticore Arms, which had previously ran perfectly.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Nomyth posted:

a little over 4" seems fine

i wish red dot design trends looked at that height more for hold-over points of aim, competition courses have a lot of <20 yard shots and not a lot of reticles help out with point of impact being 50+ MOA below point of aim

The Vortex UH-1 has the center dot for 50yd zero and a triangle at the bottom of the circle for 10yd zero. It's extremely nice

Nomyth
Mar 15, 2013

Pop it like it's hot
Pop it like it's hot
Pop it like it's hot

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

The Vortex UH-1 has the center dot for 50yd zero and a triangle at the bottom of the circle for 10yd zero. It's extremely nice

I do like that style of reticle, it's just that with such a high height over bore the bottom of the triangle or even lower becomes the point of impact. needs to be just a tad lower at 60 MOA radius / 120 MOA diameter for the ring

The Swampfox Blade comes close (i have one), but it's also a big heavy prism sight and trying to use it with both eyes open is still something i haven't gotten used to

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

You can adjust the elevation

Nomyth
Mar 15, 2013

Pop it like it's hot
Pop it like it's hot
Pop it like it's hot

For the reticle, or the mount?

Wouldn't adjusting the reticle higher defeat the purpose of zeroing for the distance you'll need the center of the reticle for?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

If you adjust the center dot to be for 50 yards then the lower dot will be for 10 yards, or close enough for alpha hits.

Nomyth
Mar 15, 2013

Pop it like it's hot
Pop it like it's hot
Pop it like it's hot

Granted.

How does one deal with having to aim way high around 5-7 yards without having any reticle component at all down there?

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

Bren 2 owner reporting in.

Has anyone heard anything about the availability for different barrel assemblies? The live chat on CZ USA wouldn't even speculate it might happen this year, just a non committal 'who knows'.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

Nomyth posted:

Granted.

How does one deal with having to aim way high around 5-7 yards without having any reticle component at all down there?

I mean. they call it a "hold over" for a reason.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Nomyth posted:

Granted.

You just go and shoot and see where it lands and take it into consideration. Just part of knowing your gear.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

Hey, CZ P-10C havers:

Don't slam 19 round mags on an open slide to get the auto forward to engage. The mag spring doesn't compress enough and you end up torquing the ejector.

Some time with a small hammer later

Here's a 19 round mag, loaded full

Cannot compress the spring much at all

A 15 round mag, full. Not much difference in clearance between the round and ejector

But much easier to compress

Bit of a bummer tbh.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Question for you CZ nerds; I'm looking to (finally) get a 9mm pistol that I could carry and have been weighing three options:

- Buying my friend's RAMI (have fired it, has had ~1000 rounds of use by him).
- Buying a CZ 75 Compact
- Buying a P-01

Weight for me isn't a huge issue, and ergonomically I like the RAMI but haven't held a P-01, though the SP-01 was fairly nice. Won't make a final call until I hold a 75 compact but I'm a bit drawn to that more classic design.

Any thoughts from you all on which is the superior option?

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Whichever one you shoot best. I am partial to the 75C, I used it as a daily carry for years and years until I got something else for carry and turned the 75c into a stupid CGW-tuned gun with suppressor height sights.

UBG Holsters makes some good options no matter what you go with, I have four made by him and they are quality.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

devmd01 posted:

Whichever one you shoot best. I am partial to the 75C, I used it as a daily carry for years and years until I got something else for carry and turned the 75c into a stupid CGW-tuned gun with suppressor height sights.

UBG Holsters makes some good options no matter what you go with, I have four made by him and they are quality.

All I see is a rear sight with accessories

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

I really like my 75C and I liked the P01 I've shot in the past. The C fits my hand a little better, but I think they are both solid. Never really shot or handled a RAMI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Blindeye posted:

Question for you CZ nerds; I'm looking to (finally) get a 9mm pistol that I could carry and have been weighing three options:

- Buying my friend's RAMI (have fired it, has had ~1000 rounds of use by him).
- Buying a CZ 75 Compact
- Buying a P-01

Weight for me isn't a huge issue, and ergonomically I like the RAMI but haven't held a P-01, though the SP-01 was fairly nice. Won't make a final call until I hold a 75 compact but I'm a bit drawn to that more classic design.

Any thoughts from you all on which is the superior option?

The RAMI is chunky and for the size I went with a PCR. It has since replaced my single stack XDE for EDC it carryís so drat well for me.

I also got it from CZ Customs fully tuned and I shoot it better than all my pistols.