Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«204 »
A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

Pre-B with no import marks. I love this gun.

Screw the gun, tell me about that lighter. Because from here that looks like an official Zippo lighter with Gunsmith Cats art. I assume those are long out of production?

A FUCKIN CANARY!! fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 22, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

I decided that I no longer needed to have two 10/22's, so I sold one to my dealer for the same price I bought it for 4 years ago, and picked up my SP-01.

All I can say is gently caress you all for not forcing me to buy one of these loving things earlier. It inst even funny how awesome these pistols are. It makes steel disappear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVb8zSomRCc.

ZebraBlade fucked around with this message at 01:30 on May 26, 2011

Monster of the Day
Sep 26, 2007
“Ignorance breeds monsters to fill up the vacancies of the soul that are unoccupied by the verities of knowledge”-Horrace Mann

After letting him shoot my CZ 75BD, with and without the kadet kit, I have succeeded in turning one of my friends on to CZs. As he doesn't currently have a full sized pistol (sold a P38 and his kimber in .45 to buy a ring for his fiancee)he is looking into getting something full sized in the 75 line. However, he has also been playing around with the idea of a RAMI. I know most of the full sized and compacts are good guns and that the polymer ones aren't as well received, but I know nothing about the RAMI. Does anyone own or have credible reports of how the gun shoots and feels?

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

I have a rifle and a frying pan and I know how to use them

Can I play too if I just put in an order for one of these??

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

I shot my CZ 75 Sp01 Shadow today. It was just as awesome as last time

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

SP-01 holster choices for competition? I know bladetech makes one and double alpha makes one, but is that it? I like how the double alpha one looks and the fact that it is suede lined so it wont gently caress up the finish like both my 1911s have.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Monster of the Day posted:

After letting him shoot my CZ 75BD, with and without the kadet kit, I have succeeded in turning one of my friends on to CZs. As he doesn't currently have a full sized pistol (sold a P38 and his kimber in .45 to buy a ring for his fiancee)he is looking into getting something full sized in the 75 line. However, he has also been playing around with the idea of a RAMI. I know most of the full sized and compacts are good guns and that the polymer ones aren't as well received, but I know nothing about the RAMI. Does anyone own or have credible reports of how the gun shoots and feels?

No range reports, but I occassionaly get the urge to buy one, which lasts until I pick it up. It doesn't feel bad at all, but the height/length of CZs never bothered me, just the thickness, and the 2075 is probably as thick as the compacts/full-size. Tell him to just get a compact, which is fun to shoot in its own right, in addition to being a good carry gun (plus, he'll probably have an easier time with holsters).

Saw this on the CZ-USA website, too, for those of us who live in states that value your hearing: http://shop.cz-usa.com/P-00203/Cz-4...r-Threaded.aspx

I want a full size CZ75, and am torn between the SP-01 (not shadow or phantom) and a CZ75 SA. I know SP01s are cool, but has anyone shot a SA only CZ? How is the trigger pull?

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

ZebraBlade posted:

SP-01 holster choices for competition? I know bladetech makes one and double alpha makes one, but is that it? I like how the double alpha one looks and the fact that it is suede lined so it wont gently caress up the finish like both my 1911s have.

I use the ghost holster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWXJa5btEes

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction

Who makes those mag pouches? And what belt are you using?

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

Are there any other trigger options for decocker CZ-75s aside from the combat trigger? It came with the recurve trigger, which pinched my finger. I swapped it out for a CZ-85 Combat trigger which isn't as aggressively curved. It also pinches the bottom of my finger. The straight match trigger looks fantastic for my purposes, but it's for safety models only.

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

kuffs posted:

Who makes those mag pouches? And what belt are you using?

I bought everything from here: http://www.doublealpha.biz/combo-deals/daa-ghost-rig

quote:

The complete rig includes:
A Super Ghost Holster
A DAA Competition Belt
And 3 x DAA Competition Mag Pouches

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction

Awesome, thanks! I'm looking at getting a belt rig for my CZ-75 TS.

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

Bumping this thread with a video I made today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orJWJDKCKRs

video decription posted:

Testing the DPM recoil reducing guide rod and spring for the CZ 75 SP01. The gun with the wooden grips has the fancy DPM spring system and the one with black grips has stock rod and spring.

Conclusion is that you can feel a slight recoil reduction. Not worth the money imho but whatever, toys are always nice!

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

I've got a 452 Military trainer and I love it, as does everyone I've taken shooting.

Are their centerfire rifles as well regarded? I love classic looking wood-stocked rifles.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rough Lobster posted:

Are their centerfire rifles as well regarded? I love classic looking wood-stocked rifles.

They're great rifles, Not cheap by any means, but it helps if you're in the market for something with irons in this day and age.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Yeah, I might be going hunting for the first time this year (deer) and I'd love to do it with irons. It just suits me more.

Plus, every gun I buy I buy with the intention of passing on to my kids one day (whenever I have kids that is) and they seem really nice.

I'll have to do some research.

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

CZ handguns made out of mammoth tusks, engraved with dinosaurs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbfy89ipyok

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Someone in a free state please buy this:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=234015597

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

IuniusBrutus posted:

Someone in a free state please buy this:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=234015597

1/2x20 threaded barrel

Just get a non-threaded rifle and have a gunsmith thread it to the proper pitch.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

If I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die historic on the fury road!

Fun Shoe

Gah. Pics suck = whatever. New P01. <3

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

piss boner posted:

Gah. Pics suck = whatever. New P01. <3

There's either a trick of perspective here or your hand is god damned enormous

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

ABANDONED HOMEWORLD FOR SALE, CHEAP!!!
Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.

My P-01 should be in tomorrow.

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it.
I'm about to lose control, and I think I like it.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Found my old camera and realized I had not taken pictures of my new CZ, and I happened to have Czech beer in the fridge.

xpostin from the pic thread

Cluricaun
Jul 31, 2009

Bang.

My local shop has a pretty rough looking 83 in 9x18 for sale, I'd say it's in 60% condition and one of the grip panels is loose but it's got a good bore and it seems pretty tight mechanically. They want $260 for it, how far off is that price wise?

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

CDNN Investments has had 9x18 CZ-82s forever starting at $150 for "average" condition, up to I think $170 for "excellent." I got an "average" one and it's in great shape, apart from some of the finish being chipped off.

Reminds me of the beat-up late war Nagant revolver I saw at my local shop for like $350.

invalid
Aug 1, 2005

by I Ozma Myself

My friend is about to graduate and become a cop here and had originally went with a CZ for his firearm. He got so much pressure from above that he eventually sold it and went with the Glock they have a special deal with. He was pretty bummed, but me even more that I didn't get to shoot/see it.

But he isn't complaining too much with the replacement, either. Some bullshit right there.

Cluricaun
Jul 31, 2009

Bang.

LifeSizePotato posted:

CDNN Investments has had 9x18 CZ-82s forever starting at $150 for "average" condition, up to I think $170 for "excellent." I got an "average" one and it's in great shape, apart from some of the finish being chipped off.

Reminds me of the beat-up late war Nagant revolver I saw at my local shop for like $350.

Whoops, I meant 82, not 83 and that's the same issue this one has, chipped up finish. drat it anyway. I really want one they're just cool little guns but that sounds a tad overpriced. I guess that's what happens when you've near zero competition. Guess I'll try the gun show again instead.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

9x18 isn't always that easy to find, or cheap for that matter. Then again I haven't been following it much lately.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

My current wallpaper:

click for 1920x1200

CZ shotguns are class.

nine16thsdago
Jun 29, 2005
fprintf(stderr, "this should never print\n");

Carbohydrates posted:

My current wallpaper:

click for 1920x1200

CZ shotguns are class.

is that who's importing Huglu double barrel shotguns now?

piss boner
May 17, 2003

If I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die historic on the fury road!

Fun Shoe

DJExile posted:

There's either a trick of perspective here or your hand is god damned enormous

Compact gun, big hands.

Cluricaun
Jul 31, 2009

Bang.

DJExile posted:

9x18 isn't always that easy to find, or cheap for that matter. Then again I haven't been following it much lately.

They have whole cases at the Gander down the street from my house at $11 a box of 50. Not a lot of commie mouse gun fans in my area I guess.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

nine16thsdago posted:

is that who's importing Huglu double barrel shotguns now?
CZ bought and owns Huglu as of ~2005ish I think.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

ABANDONED HOMEWORLD FOR SALE, CHEAP!!!
Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.

UPS tried to deliver my pistol to my FFL outside of their hours of operation. Now they're waiting until Monday to deliver it. Thanks guys.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

bunnielab used to own a gun and now he doesn't own a gun and now I own a gun!

incredibull
Sep 7, 2008

GENERIC

gently caress I want one so bad

if it took AK mags it would be so bad

bad

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

oh lord if it took AK mags I'd buy a few drums and a bunch of those orange rolling targets and just sit out back in a lawn chair all day

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Help me spend my money TFR!

I want need a full-size 9mm pistol. It's mostly between the various CZ types, but I just can't make up my drat mind!

As such, anyone who has shot any of these and can offer their input, please speak up!

Option 1: CZ85 Combat.
+ No firing pin block, so smoother trigger, right?
+ Better sights
+ Drop-free magazine well
- I have heard mixed reports on how much the FPB actually matters.
- More expensive
- Ambi-slide release and safety will just make it more difficult to find holsters
- Have heard reports of slide stop breakages on 85s

Option 2: CZ75B SAO
+ Single action triggers on these are supposedly quite nice
+ Not much more expensive than a standard 75, and I save money on not having to do a SAO conversion later
- Bumps me to ESP only for IDPA

Option 3: CZ75B
+ Cheapest option; used ones pop up frequently, too.
+ Easiest to located holsters and gear for.
- Requires another $80 if I decide I want an SAO gun.

Option 4: CZ75B Compact (steel frame)
+ Technically a compact, but steel frame to help it shoot a little nicer than my PCR
+ I can use all of the same magazines, holsters, and gear as my carry weapon
+ Same controls (essentially) and ergonomics as my carry weapon
- The compact grip fits my hand perfectly, but still a shorter barrel and lower weight, which is what I'm trying to avoid.

Option 5: Hi-Power or clone
+ Trigger beats snot out of CZ trigger
+ Easier and cheaper to do trigger job on, further increasing awesome level
- Either spend $$$$ for a modern one, or buy an older one and have the slide machined for novaks
- Grip isn't quite as comfortable
- ESP only

Thoughts, TFR? Any of the above will get a trigger job and new sights, likely. The CZ also has the advantage of having great (if expensive) .22 kits available, while the Hi-Power has dubious looking Ceiner kits. Also, I know SP01 Shadows rock so hard, but I'll go way over $1000 on one of those, and that's just too much for me - I'll be able to keep my initial purchase under $600 this way, and can break it in a bit, before getting the trigger worked on.

IuniusBrutus fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jun 23, 2011

BadgerMan45
Dec 30, 2009

IuniusBrutus posted:

I want need a full-size 9mm pistol. It's mostly between the various CZ types, but I just can't make up my drat mind!

As such, anyone who has shot any of these and can offer their input, please speak up!

+ Better sights
- More expensive
- Ambi-slide release and safety will just make it more difficult to find holsters

+ Not much more expensive than a standard 75, and I save money on not having to do a SAO conversion later

+ Technically a compact, but steel frame to help it shoot a little nicer than my PCR
- The compact grip fits my hand perfectly, but still a shorter barrel and lower weight, which is what I'm trying to avoid.

- Either spend $$$$ for a modern one, or buy an older one and have the slide machined for novaks
- ESP only

Thoughts, TFR? Any of the above will get a trigger job and new sights, likely. The CZ also has the advantage of having great (if expensive) .22 kits available, while the Hi-Power has dubious looking Ceiner kits. Also, I know SP01 Shadows rock so hard, but I'll go way over $1000 on one of those, and that's just too much for me - I'll be able to keep my initial purchase under $600 this way, and can break it in a bit, before getting the trigger worked on.

I vote SAO, I converted my 75B to SAO, installed a comp hammer, and yoinked the FPS. The trigger is ridiculously nice now, like 1911 nice. Unfortunately, I think you have to leave the FPS in for IDPA since it came with one. As far as the FPS is concerned, it really only makes sense to pull it if you have a trigger with pretravel adjustment because then you can cut it down to pretty much nothing and have a really short reset. I think the SAO also has the ledge safety and beavertail as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHeavyPersuader
Oct 25, 2010

IuniusBrutus posted:

+ Better sights
- More expensive

- ESP only

I had a similar dilemma and decided to go for the 85 combat and swap the sights and hammer for the CZ Custom offerings.

«204 »