Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

I hope it's okay to talk Jerichos in here!

After like sixteen years of waffling, I decided smack dab in the middle of a pandemic was the best time to buy a Jericho that I've wanted. I did some looking on gunbroker, did some soul searching, and made up my mind to buy a Jericho II, or Jericho Enhanced as it's called here in the states.

My other pistol is an RIA sub compact 1911 in .45 that isn't terribly fun to shoot.

And hey, what better time to get into a whole different cartridge than in the middle of a national shortage!

But yeah, called my local gun shop and they had a nice Enhanced full size for almost a hundred dollars cheaper than it wouls have been after paying gb and my local FFL.

Unfortunately, all the 9mm they had was baggies of 25 for 19 bucks. And a limit of two baggies per customer, so I got it while the getting was good.

Going to go and do my first range trip with it hopefully in the next few days. I see, per the instructions and Mishacos video, that the sights are set for a 25 meter zero. Since I've really only shot 1911s for the past decade, and since ammo really is a factor, if anyone is familiar with either this or the Masadas 25 meter zero give any tips?

Since I had nothing else to do, I took it apart, cleaned and lubed it.

Aside from that, I'm really tickled with my purchase, can't wait to try it out. Probably gonna take my 1911 too, since I have more ammo for it. Anyway, yeah, all this has done is make me look forward to another shipment of Israeli police surplus to come in to get a steel version!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Just bought a CZ Scorpion and a brace. Pretty stoked

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

He yeah. Mine is my favorite gun. Only required upgrades I think are a new pistol grip, and a new safety selector switch. The stock pistol grip is stupid big and the safety digs into your index finger when shooting. I put a safety delete on mine personally, but they make different styles.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Crunkjuice posted:

Hell yeah. Mine is my favorite gun. Only required upgrades I think are a new pistol grip, and a new safety selector switch. The stock pistol grip is stupid big and the safety digs into your index finger when shooting. I put a safety delete on mine personally, but they make different styles.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

I sexually identify as a fat tinder girl,

Yeah lemme just clean my pannus first.

These candles smell amazing btw

You have to let me know how it shoots. Then after that, let me shoot it

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Another great upgrade is the trigger spring kit. It is cheap and improves the trigger substantially.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK

Oven Wrangler

Put it in a bullpup kit and join me in owning the ultimate spacegun!

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Apprentice Dick posted:

Another great upgrade is the trigger spring kit. It is cheap and improves the trigger substantially.

Agreed and I think these days you don't even have to grind out the spot weld any more like I had to do!

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Yeah I already bought:

-SBT folding brace
-Pakse Mlok handguard
-hbi trigger spring kit
-Pakse Pathfinder grip
-Upgraded trigger
-KAW Linear comp so it looks like I've got a can

I think I've gotten just about everything that could be upgraded. Going to put my Vortex UH-1 on it or maybe buy like a Holosun 510

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Iíd be pretty interested in hearing your before and after trigger impressions.

Even without Glock mag comparability, Iím interested in them.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Yeah I already bought:

-SBT folding brace
-Pakse Mlok handguard
-hbi trigger spring kit
-Pakse Pathfinder grip
-Upgraded trigger
-KAW Linear comp so it looks like I've got a can

I think I've gotten just about everything that could be upgraded. Going to put my Vortex UH-1 on it or maybe buy like a Holosun 510

I think the holosun 510 is pretty much perfect for it. I borrowed one from a buddy and thought it was just right. Haven't tried the UH-1 but that would probably be a good option too.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Also, get the extended charging handle. The stock one is way too small.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Dalaram posted:

Also, get the extended charging handle. The stock one is way too small.

The Manticore Arms folding one is nice. It doesn't automatically close quite as well as HK's designs but it works pretty well. Kinda expensive though.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

I've had a chance to handle but not shoot a few of the CZ 457's (American, Jaguar, Lux, Training, Varmint) and love the build quality and feel of them. I also own a 10/22. I'd like a .22lr rifle specifically set up for long range scoped target shooting. Are any of the 457 variants well suited to this or am I better off building a 10/22 from scratch? I'm not into competition shooting but this would be in effect an entry level competition gun.

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011

The American and the Varmint are set up specifically for scopes and you should buy one.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

checkstock posted:

The American and the Varmint are set up specifically for scopes and you should buy one.

Not the JAGUAH with the 28" barrel? Is the idea for target shooting you only need to accelerate the bullet to a minimum velocity and no farther? I notice most bull target barrels are shorter than the pencil barrels hunting rifles seem to have.

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011

Gorson posted:

Not the JAGUAH with the 28" barrel? Is the idea for target shooting you only need to accelerate the bullet to a minimum velocity and no farther? I notice most bull target barrels are shorter than the pencil barrels hunting rifles seem to have.

If you look at the stocks, the American and the Varmint have a higher comb that makes using a scope easier. I don't know about optimal barrel lengths for .22's, but the Jaguar's long barrel is to give it an even longer sight radius with its irons. I got a 455 Varmint a few years ago and with a lovely $100 4-12x scope and my terrible shooting it will shoot under half an inch at 50 yards out of the box. So I'm not sure its barrel length is much of a concern.

checkstock fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 1, 2021

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

my kinda ape posted:

The Manticore Arms folding one is nice. It doesn't automatically close quite as well as HK's designs but it works pretty well. Kinda expensive though.

The non-folding Manticore Arms handle is great. Plus the company itself seems good, my first charging handle had wonky roll pins so there was a lot of flop between the handle and the little rod it rides on. They just replaced it sight unseen, no problem.

Also the Midwest Industries handguard is A+, wasn't wild about the cheesegrater factory CZ handguard

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

checkstock posted:

If you look at the stocks, the American and the Varmint have a higher comb that makes using a scope easier. I don't know about optimal barrel lengths for .22's, but the Jaguar's long barrel is to give it an even longer sight radius with its irons. I got a 455 Varmint a few years ago and with a lovely $100 4-12x scope and my terrible shooting it will shoot under half an inch at 50 yards out of the box. So I'm not sure its barrel length is much of a concern.

Oh yeah, that makes sense. I really do like the iron sights on the CZ's but with my poo poo eyes I need magnification. Looking at the 457 page again the Varmint I held was the MTR. It was gorgeous but the grip was a bit strange to my untrained hand.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Gorson posted:

Bull barrels are probably generally shorter simply because making them longer would make them too heavy. IIRC 22lr reaches maximum velocity at like 16" or less and gains most of that significantly earlier. The only thing you gain from a 28" barrel is sight radius for your irons (irrelevant with a scope) and aesthetics which is personal preference. I suppose it might be somewhat quieter too. In fact it probably reduces velocity somewhat compared to a shorter barrel as the bullet will start decelerating inside the barrel at some point due to drag.

Thereís a lot of things that go into accuracy. Velocity is typically good at long ranges since greater velocity means there's less time for the bullet to drop making it easier to compensate your aim. However with 22lr the bullet transitioning from supersonic to subsonic (the transonic range) will cause it to destabilize which dramatically hurts accuracy. This can be avoided by either hitting the target before it slows down below supersonic (pistol distances) or by having it be subsonic when it exits the muzzle (weaker or heavier bullet subsonic ammo or weaker supers through a long barrel).

Come to think of it the 28" barrel would probably be good at making sure bullets don't go supersonic!

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 1, 2021

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Since I've never posted my final build for my Scorpion now is a good time.

SBT folder
Magpul grip
HBI Delta trigger
HBI trigger spring kit
HBI duckbill mag release
HBI AK style mini RH safety
HBI LH safety delete
MI handguard
HBI Prostock charging handle
MI fan port comp
Troy mini HK style BUIs
Magpul Mlok AFG
Holosun 510C

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Hell yeah what's up green Scorp buddy

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

hell yeah, although I'm glad I bought mine used for cheap a few years ago compared to the current going rate.

Nyc_Tattoo
Feb 28, 2001

Tread Carefully,
lest thou rouse the
Coupons Dragon

Grimey Drawer

Apprentice Dick posted:

hell yeah, although I'm glad I bought mine used for cheap a few years ago compared to the current going rate.

$729 from PSA for mine. Won't ever see that price again...

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

I got mine for 949 off gunborker, pretty good for this day and age.

I went ahead and also ordered the duckbill mag release and the mini AK safety selector since every place I went to said the right side safety is loving terrible.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

So did CZ-75 series guns all go up $100? I am still seeing polymer guns close to pre-crisis prices but the metal guns are like $700 plus.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Okay so I guess you really need the barrel nut tool that Midwest and HBI sell to get this fucker off. I could not get enough purchase with the wrench and ending up rounding some of the edges from poor grasp. Guess it will have to wait till Thursday to install when that arrives.

But I got all the other stuff installed and this thing is so loving fun. I set the zero on the Vortex to have the center dot zeroed at 15 yards and the bottom triangle ended up perfect at 7 yds so that's a great little combo. I doubt I'll be taking this out for a lot of ranged work.

It is loving fun to shoot. Just ripping groups and doing Mozambique drills came so naturally after just a few mags.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Got the new handguard installed

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Sexy as hell

but

Rear sight and no front sight?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

ZebraBlade posted:

Sexy as hell

but

Rear sight and no front sight?

I put on the handguard and immediately took the picture and stuffed everything away to go pick up my daughter from daycare. Need to yank the sight off since the Vortex completely obscures it.

I did however drunkenly order a Holosun 510 to replace it for some weight savings and more practicality.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Okay here we go, all rigged up

Shumagorath
Jun 5, 2001

Anyone have a strong opinion about the Kadet .22 kit in a vanilla SP-01? I like the idea of converting a full-size frame rather than having a dedicated .22, but not if it's going to be a pain to clean or shoot significantly worse than the 9mm.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Shumagorath posted:

Anyone have a strong opinion about the Kadet .22 kit in a vanilla SP-01? I like the idea of converting a full-size frame rather than having a dedicated .22, but not if it's going to be a pain to clean or shoot significantly worse than the 9mm.

Mine was in a SP01 for ages, never had a problem with it. Kinda miss it, but getting it threaded was a lot of wait/see/how much money you wanna spend, so I eventually got a Mk IV to replace it.

https://www.tornado-technologies.co...l-For-CZ75CZ85/

They're cool! Mags are spendy tho.

Shumagorath
Jun 5, 2001

Thanks for the recommendation! Threaded barrels are kinda pointless in Canada, but all that's holding me back is the $1500 sticker price because it comes with the full 9mm frame and slide plus a bunch of IPSC gear the owner traded in. I already have my SIG Mk25 for 9mm, and buying two guns for the same cartridge inevitably means I'll pick a favourite and sell the other.

Nomyth
Mar 15, 2013

And if a Nyto get a attitude
Pop it like it's hot
Pop it like it's hot
Pop it like it's hot

Hi can I join the club now

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

yes, that is pretty neat

Adbot