Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

I saw a polymer framed CZ looking gun somewhere. Was it a EAA or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Dead Reckoning posted:

Missed a sweet CZ-82 on gunbroker the other day. Does anyone still have these in stock at reasonable prices, preferably without the ugly CAI import stamp? And can magazines be found for less than $rape?

Ya, I got mine locally for $320. Not a great price, but they aren't in stock anywhere.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Does anyone ever get CZ97Bs in stock?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

So tell me about the P-01. I read somewhere it'll take even full size CZ75 mags? Also what kinda grips do they take? Compact CZ grips?

Will they take the same internals as well?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Is there a good rundown on what parts are compatible for a CZ97?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Seems like a lot of retailers got their shipments of CZ stuff in the last week.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

http://www.kygunco.com/cz-97-b-45acp-45in-11rd-pistol-70237

CZ97b in stock.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Bummey posted:

e2m2 posted a website in IRC the other day that was selling oodles of $10 grips with free shipping. At that price, why not?

I.. can't remember or find the link, though..

Rgrips.com

If you ever get them tell me how they are. Might wanna get a set for my 97 just for kicks.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

http://www.damascusgunshop.com/shop/pistols/sp-01/cz-75-sp-01.html

SP-01s for under $600, whoa

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Man I wish I had money

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Man why does the CZUSA site suck so much?

E2M2 fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Dec 27, 2013

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

A pretty bad picture but this is my CZ97B now:

Still got a bunch of money to pour into it.

E2M2 fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jan 7, 2014

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

They are supposed to be really good. Thats quite a bit of money though.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Sp01 has the rail and some other changes.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Probably cosmoline. Toss it in a garbage bag in the sun?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Would it be a bad idea to drill my factory front sight and drop a tritium tube in it? The factory paint is barely visible.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

1791apparel posted:

Try hot pink nail polish. You can apply it easily with a toothpick.

Hell, I have some Testors paint I could put on there I guess.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

ZebraBlade posted:

The guys at CZ Customs have been great to work with, my gun should be back tomorrow. They called and personally thanked me for doing business and asked if I needed any spare or additional parts before they sent it out, and were very responsive and nice when I called in to add items and to make a shipping change. I am a little concerned however, that its going to have such a nice trigger I wont want to shoot any of my other pistols.

I just bought a bunch of stuff from CGW myself. Hopefully I don't screw it up too bad.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

I put a CGW Race Hammer and sear, sights, and a flat trigger on my Kadet and 75B, and didn't have much trouble. Everything was pretty straightforward.

That is petty much exactly what I just bought

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

I wish VZ grips made CZ97 grips.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

gently caress I hope I bought some trigger pins when I bought my stuff.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Man the trigger pin is hard as hell to get out. I ordered a new set of the Grace roll pin punches because the ones I have are garbage. And just realized I didn't order one of the floating trigger pins either. Ya the sear cage was pretty cool when I figured out how to put it back together though.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Holy poo poo, anyone replace their CZ triggers themselves? I can't move the trigger roll pin at all. Is there anything holding it in place? I bent the hell out of a 2mm roll pin punch.

This is for a CZ97.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

IuniusBrutus posted:

Also, bear in mind that once you get it out, you'll need to replace it with a solid, tension fit pin, or flare the side you collapsed.

Yes, I have the CGW floating pin coming in. Could I just drill out one end?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Man I also tried to take out the rear sight and thats a no go because its staked in. How am I gonna remove that thing? Also if its staked does that mean there isn't a dovetail?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Picklesworthe posted:

Can I put Witness/CZ sao trigger parts in a Jericho 941? Google is coming up short with answers.

Might be a good idea to ask CGW or CZ customs

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Man, so I got all the parts in finally. Got everything mostly together, and putting in the sear cage now. I can't get that safty to go through all the way. I think I also lost the safety plunger spring. Anything I'm missing? I tried pushing back on the safety plunger detent and puhing in the safety, but that didn't see to work too well.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

IuniusBrutus posted:

make sure the sear spring isn't snagging on the safety.

That's not it, I got the sear spring over the safety. Might try the nylon hammer approach after I get a new detent spring.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

So man I think I'm either doing something wrong or I got the wrong parts.

http://imgur.com/ajh6CQg,jqV3C1X,SCIbR2W,eE7vBXk,NlyUWB4

My safety will just not go through the sear cage and through to the other side. I tried just pushing the saftey through the right side of the frame and no go.

Emailed Dave at CGW hopefully he knows whats up.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

Yeah, that's exactly what mine was doing. Whaled on it with a nylon hammer in a fit of frustration, and it popped in. YMMV :shrug:

Yea I was using a finish hammer and no go. Man Dave said I gotta call him though. Lame.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Yay I got it back together:

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

I was cocking the hammer all the w way back instead of half cock which was the correct way.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Stock triggers on CZs are pretty meh. You sure your buddy didn't have a riced up trigger?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Anyone put hands on those Turkish CZ clones?

Eyeing a Tristar P120 or Canik Stingray C

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

madeintaipei posted:

I haven't shot one, but I have handled a Stingray C in hard chrome. Looks and feels good to me. The Turks even added a bit of refinement, lengthening the trigger return spring and routing it through the frame. The machining looked a bit better than CZs. Trigger felt about the same as a CZ. I really don't like the stupid cocked chamber indicator, but that's just aesthetic.

Sounds good enough for me.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

So people with the Cajun Gun Works straight trigger, how do you adjust the pretravel?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

madeintaipei posted:

I have the bent SAO trigger, but it looks like they work the same. Take the slide off and stick the allen key between the top of the trigger bar and beneath the trigger pin and spring. If you're talking about how much to adjust it, turn the screw towards the muzzle until the trigger won't reset with the slide on. Then dial it back until it will and give it another half turn back for safety's sake. A dab of blue Loctite, and you're done. You don't need to keep putting the slide release in and out while testing the trigger, just put a bit of pressure on the slide to keep it lined up.

Could you go over th e over travel as well?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

So ZenmastaT took pics of my CZ97

http://imgur.com/a/1ZIF6#3

Kinda lazy to tune the trigger. Can't seem to get it to work right.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Steeltalon posted:

What are those grips? Please tell.

Red Aluminum grips from the Czech Republic CZ store.

http://www.shop-cz.com/grips-for-cz-97-long-red/d-70779/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Did you talk to them?

I would think they would make it right.