Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...

Craptacular posted:

My CZ452 Varmint is literally the only gun I own that has wood anywhere on it.

Does anyone know where I can get a poly stock that will fit it?

Wilddog in Australia, also there's a place in the UK

not poly though, fiberglass.

I've owned a few CZ rimfires, and a BRNO ZKK601 .270... with my current minimalist approach to gun ownership, the only thing I require in my collection is 'a pistol' and that will be an SP-01 Shadow probably. Love those Czech guns.

(gently caress Zastava though, they're poo poo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Really? Neat. What style is it?

I think manners were looking at doing a t3 with CZ inlet too

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Craptacular posted:

1/2x20 threaded barrel

Just get a non-threaded rifle and have a gunsmith thread it to the proper pitch.

1/2"x20 is a common thread for suppressors in Europe/UK/NZ, or "most of the places you can legally have suppressors"

If US suppressor makers don't give you options for different threads then gently caress them?

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

BeanTaco posted:

In NZ they're just "the" rifle maker.
Like if you go into a store to get a .22, and ask for anything other than a brno, there's a good chance you'll get funny looks, and will almost definitely be told to at least fondle one.

It's the one area where we actually have taste.

Except not one in 100 people has a centrefire CZ, and as far as rimfires go, almost everyone is too cheap to actually buy a CZ

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Domini Cane posted:

I'm new to the CZ love fest. However, I'm looking to get into a new hunting rifle and I want Steyr quality but not at the price. Browning, Ruger, Winchester and Remington don't even approach the level of quality that Sako and Steyr bring to the table. How do CZ's rifles match up for fit, finish and quality?

They're okay but still a mid range rifle. It's not a modern action or features in any way either.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Uncle Caveman posted:

9.3x62mm is rad and all, but I want the 550 Carbine to be available in 6.5x55

Additionally, I want that kevlar stock to be available for the 527 Carbine.

Nah those stocks are kinds bad ergonomically

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Don't use the set trigger, problem solved.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

28_days posted:

I mentioned a week or so ago that my CZ527 carbine .223 is having some issues with the bolt handle and receiver, here's two shots to better explain this:

This is causing the bolt to hang-up mid action. I've sent CZ an email and will see what they say. I noticed a small imperfection on the receiver when I first opened the box but figured it would work itself out (it was super minor), but obviously the problem has simply gotten worse. Likewise I'm having an issue where I can chamber the first round without riding the bolt into the receiver with my palm. Simply using the bolt handle does nothing.

That machining is Terrible

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Has anyone seen/ used a NECG 527 peep sight? Or any other reciever mounted peep for the 527? I know Skinner is coming out with one

I'm finding it harder and harder not to buy a 527 carbine and do things to it

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

The NECG peep looks nice but it's sold as a ghost ring, it'd be nice if there were options for smaller apertures?

I might have to buy a 527 carbine considering the current wait times on the parts I want for a Grendel AR. Can y'all stop ban panicking so I can get some gun stuff please

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

-What's the max COAL in a 7.62x39 CZ 527 mag??

-Same in .223?

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Uncle Caveman posted:

My caliper reads the max internal length of the 223 mag at 2.34" - though keep in mind the 527 carbine in that caliber is 1:12.

Oh indeed.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

priznat posted:

Question: what would be the best solution for see-through rings for a CZ455FS? For some reason I had been putting off getting rings to scope it because I like shooting iron sights, and I had a brain block against the existence of see-thru rings.

Would be great to stick on an inexpensive but decent rimfire scope (thinking a vortex) on there.

Not getting them is the best solution, because They Suck

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

tooo much

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Herr Tog posted:

The 527 comes in 1:12 twist rate and 1:10 twist rate.

Since when? the .223 527 came in 1:9 in the varmint versions and 1:12 in others

Unless you're talking about the other cals it comes in which all only have 1 standard twist rate each

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

ridIPSCulous

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

My CZ 452 Style has a polymer stock that is unlikely to split

It's also Nickel which is cool

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Who makes a picatinny rail for a CZ, by the way

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Anyone know of a place making nicer milled trigger guards for CZ452?? Looking for one in stainless

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Steak Flavored Gum posted:

DIP makes some... they don't have anything in stainless but they have one that is nickel plated.

http://www.diproductsinc.com/Products.aspx?CAT=3600

Well my gat is nickel plated too so that's perfect. Chur

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

david_a posted:

Did anyone here splurge on a DIP trigger guard for their rifle? The tear drop one is kinda tempting...

yeah I've got one

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

david_a posted:

pics pics

2 weeks

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Does the SP-01 Shadow not exist anymore? Has it been superseded by the "shadow target" and the "accushadow" ??

Does the Kadet kit work with SP-01 variants

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

How have people found accuracy with the Kadet kit? the Kadet 2 kit looks like it has nice-ish sights?

Would be looking at it as an alternative to a Ruger 22/45 just for practice pretty much, so I could use the same grip/trigger as my (future) SP01 Shadow but with cheaper ammo.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

I like the 22/45 waaaay more than the MKII

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Anyone seen a CZ75 "Shadow line"

as far as I can tell it's a CZ 75 with the same trigger and sights as an SP01 Shadow??

WHICH TO GET

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

haha how cute is this thing

http://www.czub.cz/en/catalog/79-pistols-cz/PC/CZ_75_OMPACT_SHADOW_LINE.aspx

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

How did I miss this? It's freakin' adorable.

It's like a tiny SP01 Shadow

I think I'm going to get the straight 75 Shadow Line - if I can get one - because it'll look better with a Kadet kit than the Sp01 Shadow and I have no need for a rail. And it's a bit different, noone has one.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

wait, wrong european gun company model 75

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

I like the retro hammer but prefer the modern frame/slide/trigger guard

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Had you changed anything from the factory?

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What's the difference between a SP01 Shadow and a Shadow Line??

Ordered a standard SP01 Shadow today, first handgun, woop

e: anyone tried these?

http://czcustom.com/vzgripstigerstripe.aspx

gimpsuitjones fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jul 28, 2015

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Is the 120mm Australian Shadow barrel able to be threaded or do you need an even longer one? cos of course my first priority is getting a can lol

http://oceania-defence.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41_48&products_id=73

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

I now own an SP01 Shadow and it also owns

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

DakianDelomast posted:

Welcome to the club brudda. Now suppress the poo poo out of it.

I shall in approx 6 months when my pistol license comes through and I can actually take it home, and when I can find a threaded barrel for sale here

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Woo. Put 150 rounds through it today, no malfs. Smoked a bunch of steel from 5-30 meters with like 2 misses. Put a mag on paper at about 15 yards, wasn't the tightest group & had a few little guys off to the left with my lovely trigger control but I LIKE IT

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Is this guy worth getting?

http://www.gunsupplies.co.nz/cz-pistol-parts/cz-sp01-shadow-competition-hammer

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

SP01 Shadow

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

I heard where it reduces the DA pull weight & length

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Had a poo poo of a day with the Shadow today. Kept having failures to feed when dropping the slide on a new mag, and had a couple of the same when firing live rounds. Got maybe 500-700 rounds through it now, first stoppages were these today. I think I had been under-lubing it, it ran 100% once I dropped some more oil on the slide rails and barrel.

Sights appear to be a little off too, I am grouping tightly but consistently to the left a little. Splits like .4 running the plate rack at about 10 yards